• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Few signs at tea party rally expressed racially charged anti-Obama themes

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Few signs at tea party rally expressed racially charged anti-Obama themes

washingtonpost.com

A new analysis of political signs displayed at a tea party rally in Washington last month reveals that the vast majority of activists expressed narrow concerns about the government's economic and spending policies and steered clear of the racially charged anti-Obama messages that have helped define some media coverage of such events.

Ekins's conclusion is not that the racially charged messages are unimportant but that media coverage of tea party rallies over the past year have focused so heavily on the more controversial signs that it has contributed to the perception that such content dominates the tea party movement more than it actually does.

See when you take a group as a whole it paints a different picture then when you cherry pick what you want to see.

We as we have been saying are not racists.

See when you take a group as a whole it paints a different picture then when you cherry pick what you want to see.

We as we have been saying are not racists.

Anyone who thinks the Tea Party is entirely racist is a moron.

However much I think the Tea Party's outrage and views are misguided.

However, their are racist elements within it, like any big organization (yes turtle, the good reverend, Zimmer, American, tex, Mr. V, Mellie, even the Democrats)

Anyone who thinks Obama's race, name and historical origins aren't an issue for some people, are fooling themselves.

Some in the Tea Party may be birthers, but that isn't what the movement is about. Some anti-war protestors were also truthers, does that mean that the anti-war movement stands for that element? I haven't seen any racism at all from the Tea Party. Personally I think most of the Tea Party accusations are lies spewed by left wing media in order to discredit what the Tea Party stands for. They throw a bunch of crap and hope it sticks or the proverbial :hitsfan:

Some in the Tea Party may be birthers, but that isn't what the movement is about. Some anti-war protestors were also truthers, does that mean that the anti-war movement stands for that element? I haven't seen any racism at all from the Tea Party. Personally I think most of the Tea Party accusations are lies spewed by left wing media in order to discredit what the Tea Party stands for. They throw a bunch of crap and hope it sticks or the proverbial :hitsfan:

dig, are you denying that tea partiers have carried racist signs? don't LIE about this.....it's fine to say they are not all racist, but don't say you haven't seen some racism, because we ALL have.

dig, are you denying that tea partiers have carried racist signs? don't LIE about this.....it's fine to say they are not all racist, but don't say you haven't seen some racism, because we ALL have.

I haven't seen any racism and I would imagine anyone with racist views was either a plant, or kicked out of the Tea Party. We have evidence of liberal plants into Tea Party protests holding racists signs (like the Dora the Explorer guy). We also have had Dems give accusations of racism against the Tea Party without any proof. I would say the false accusations far outweigh any real racists that may be in the Tea Party.

I haven't seen any racism and I would imagine anyone with racist views was either a plant, or kicked out of the Tea Party. We have evidence of liberal plants into Tea Party protests holding racists signs (like the Dora the Explorer guy). We also have had Dems give accusations of racism against the Tea Party without any proof. I would say the false accusations far outweigh any real racists that may be in the Tea Party.

sigh....whatever you say.

Anyone who thinks the Tea Party is entirely racist is a moron.

However much I think the Tea Party's outrage and views are misguided.

However, their are racist elements within it, like any big organization (yes turtle, the good reverend, Zimmer, American, tex, Mr. V, Mellie, even the Democrats)

Anyone who thinks Obama's race, name and historical origins aren't an issue for some people, are fooling themselves.

again, in there are some serial killers in the democratic party. It does not define them nor is it noteworthy, just as the "racism" angle is not noteworthy when discussing the tea party.

just saw this rev.....the freaking truth is that some tea partiers did carry racist signs. didn't they? why do you deny that?

What am I denying. Oh I am denying that the tea party is a "racist movement" with folk like you who make dishonest claims about us being "mostly racist"....

and I thought so, lends to the fact the actual bigots on your side who slander the teaparty have mostly ignored this thread. Par for the course I say.

The only way that I see the Tea Party having any credibility by the end of all this.

Is if the Republicans take over in November, and 2012, and they still exist.

If they disappear, then it all meant nothing, and was done only to spite Obama.

Not talking racially, but politically.

The only way that I see the Tea Party having any credibility by the end of all this.

Is if the Republicans take over in November, and 2012, and they still exist.

If they disappear, then it all meant nothing, and was done only to spite Obama.

Not talking racially, but politically.

There are 400 threads on that. this thread is about all those trying to smear us as racist. Thanks for you understanding. :thumbs:

There are 400 threads on that. this thread is about all those trying to smear us as racist. Thanks for you understanding. :thumbs:

I'm trying to provide a context.

If the Tea Party disappears after Obama and the Dems are possibly voted out (remember, the Tea party's main focus, their primary target is Obama)

Then if you look at it historically, it'll appear that the Tea Party was racist...

Because let me tell you something buddy, the Tea Party candidates and the GOP can hoorah all they want about Fiscal Responsibility, put them in power and they'll do what everyone else did.

I'm trying to provide a context.

If the Tea Party disappears after Obama and the Dems are possibly voted out (remember, the Tea party's main focus, their primary target is Obama)

It is? Did you even read my article? :doh

Then if you look at it historically, it'll appear that the Tea Party was racist...

That's idiotic, I expect better from you. What if Obama was white? It's more racist of you to claim that simply because Obama is black that folks wanting him out (the strawman you are creating above) must be racist.

Please. not you too. :lol:

Because let me tell you something buddy, the Tea Party candidates and the GOP can hoorah all they want about Fiscal Responsibility, put them in power and they'll do what everyone else did.

Tea Party is not the GOP, we started when bush supported bailouts. Sorry to burst you bubble here.

It is? Did you even read my article? :doh

That's idiotic, I expect better from you. What if Obama was white? It's more racist of you to claim that simply because Obama is black that folks wanting him out (the strawman you are creating above) must be racist.

Please. not you too. :lol:

Tea Party is not the GOP, we started when bush supported bailouts. Sorry to burst you bubble here.

Can you explain why the slogan "taxed enough already" came up at a time when you had literally never in your lives had lower taxes?

Can you explain why the slogan "taxed enough already" came up at a time when you had literally never in your lives had lower taxes?

can you tell me when you stopped beating your wife? -fallacy loaded question.

I don't accept that my taxes were lowest ever in my life.

But please don't let that stop you from trying to derail the thread.

can you tell me when you stopped beating your wife? -fallacy loaded question.

I don't accept that my taxes were lowest ever in my life.

That slogan came up almost immediately after Obama's election, and persisted throughout the year 2009. At the time, the Bush tax cuts were still in full effect, and this is about the time when the stimulus was dumping billions more in tax cuts to both individuals and businesses.

If you made the same number of dollars in 2008 and 2009, other factors being equal (deductions/etc), you paid less taxes in 2009. (well, the vast majority of the population anyway)

They are still much higher than they should be, and that's the whole point of this particular exercise.

That slogan came up almost immediately after Obama's election. At the time, the Bush tax cuts were still in full effect, and this is about the time when the stimulus was dumping billions more in tax cuts to both individuals and businesses.

Again. derailing. please address the topic, if you want to discuss this red herring start a thread or pick one of the other 400 tea party threads.

If you made the same number of dollars in 2008 and 2009, other factors being equal (deductions/etc), you paid less taxes in 2009. (well, the vast majority of the population anyway)

has to do with folks trying to paint the tea party as racist, how?

I paid more. then again I made more. :shrug:

Again. derailing. please address the topic, if you want to discuss this red herring start a thread or pick one of the other 400 tea party threads.

has to do with folks trying to paint the tea party as racist, how?

I paid more. then again I made more. :shrug:

This entire thread is a fallacy and a red herring. Where did anyone claim the majority/all of the tea partiers were racist?

This entire thread is a fallacy and a red herring. Where did anyone claim the majority/all of the tea partiers were racist?

Stop dropping a deuce on my thread.

I'll tell you what, if I can show ten example of folks claiming the majority of the teaparty are racists, you donate $50 to the forum.

liblady is one
Critical thought is another.

I can keep going, if you want the links, let me know. put your money where your mouth is.

This entire thread is a fallacy.
Towelie.jpg

Stop dropping a deuce on my thread.

I'll tell you what, if I can show ten example of folks claiming the majority of the teaparty are racists, you donate $50 to the forum.

liblady is one
Critical thought is another.

I can keep going, if you want the links, let me know. put your money where your mouth is.

Please, post those links.

Back
Top Bottom