• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

fetus = parasite

Omniscient

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
nothing is allowed to grow inside my body without my permission.

anything growing inside me, parasiting off me, i have the right to remove. i have no moral obligation to feed anyone but myself i dont want to. even a parent doesnt have to feed their child as long as they let the authorities know they will no longer be feeding it and it can be taken away.

and having sex is not giving permission for something to grow inside me. its giving permission for sex only. and even if i did give permission i can change my mind at any time.

if you want the parasite to live then give 10 000$. if you dont pay then you obviously are not pro-life, you are pro money

Last edited:
"Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." -- Milton Friedman

christians think we are all sinners, yet they support freedom

hmm.. logical contradiction

Some women want to be pregnant; some do not. A few have to make that decision on the fly. It's called freedom. Fetuses have no rights until born.

Some women want to be pregnant; some do not. A few have to make that decision on the fly. It's called freedom. Fetuses have no rights until born.
Surprised to find you in opposition to Roe v Wade.

anything growing inside me, parasiting off me, i have the right to remove. i have no moral obligation to feed anyone but myself i dont want to. even a parent doesnt have to feed their child as long as they let the authorities know they will no longer be feeding it and it can be taken away.

and having sex is not giving permission for something to grow inside me. its giving permission for sex only. and even if i did give permission i can change my mind at any time.

if you want the parasite to live then give 10 000$. if you dont pay then you obviously are not pro-life, you are pro money

Let me begin by saying I'm pro-choice. But this post is so convoluted in reasoning I'm almost considering changing sides.

death penalty kills full grown conscious humans

Let me begin by saying I'm pro-choice. But this post is so convoluted in reasoning I'm almost considering changing sides.

im a double agent working for the other side

As a "male" you should have nothing to worry about.

Convoluted!!! Really???
Convoluted = extremely complex and difficult to follow.

Apart from being from a selfish perspective of which is not a wrong necessarily. What was it about that post that you found so difficult to follow?

Convoluted!!! Really???
Convoluted = extremely complex and difficult to follow.

Apart from being from a selfish perspective of which is not a wrong necessarily. What was it about that post that you found so difficult to follow?

I didn't find it difficult to follow, just don't agree with the parasite analogy so felt it was flawed. It's probably the worst argument I've ever seen in favor of something I actually believe in.

Simply put a fetus does not meet the definition of a parasite.

I didn't find it difficult to follow, just don't agree with the parasite analogy so felt it was flawed. It's probably the worst argument I've ever seen in favor of something I actually believe in.

A parasite is an organism that lives on or in a host organism and gets its food from or at the expense of its host.

It does meet the definition. The persons comment was on the harsh side but not entirely inaccurate .

I didn't find it difficult to follow, just don't agree with the parasite analogy so felt it was flawed.

According to the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University Press
parasite:
*An animal or plant that lives on or in another animal or plant of a different type and feeds from it
*A person who uses others to obtain an advantage without doing anything in exchange.

Call the second definition social parasitism. The fascinating thing about parasites is that it is not in their interest to kill off the hosts they depend on to sustain them. If the host dies, the parasite dies.

The good health of anti-vaxers is dependent on the health of the rest of us. Studies show that if vaccination rates fall below 90% anti-vexers will contract the disease for which they refused vaccination.The only reason anti-vexers avoid disease is because the rest of us are vaccinated. That's social parasitism.

Capitalism is a two way parasitic system. Owners depend on labor to do the daily work that makes the profits. Cutting labor costs increases profits. Cut costs too much, labor won’t work and the host is essentially dead. If labor demands more than owners can pay then workers will have killed their host.

Christian nationalists are social parasites. They maintain their destructive anti-social views and play at military violence only as long as the rest of us remain sane, keep social, economic and political institutions operating and maintain law and order.

Anti-vaxers, capitalism and Christian nationalists have the potential of putting our society close to the tipping point. The attack on the Capitol should be the wake up call.

The fetus is a biological parasite. Anti-abortion advocates have repeatedly and insistently made it quite clear that the fetus is a separate entity from the host. It is therefore reasonable to call it a parasite.

Dictionaries give a definition not the definition.

Definition of parasite

1: a person who exploits the hospitality of the rich and earns welcome by flatterysought to rid the palace of the parasites of his prosperity
2: an organism living in, with, or on another organism in parasitisman intestinal parasite of humansa parasite that causes malaria
3: something that resembles a biological parasite in dependence on something else for existence or support without making a useful or adequate returnThat city has become a parasite on the country.

Back
Top Bottom