• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Festive Satanic statue added to Illinois statehouse

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46453544

A satanic group has added its own statue to a series of displays in the government building of the US state of Illinois to mark the festive season.

Placed between a Christmas tree and a menorah, the four-foot sculpture depicts a snake coiled around an outstretched arm holding an apple.

It's the first display sponsored by the Chicago chapter of the Temple of Satan.
========================================
I guess it's their First A. right to display this. I personally honor Festivus (ex Seinfeld) & worship the Flying Purple Spaghetti Monster.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46453544

A satanic group has added its own statue to a series of displays in the government building of the US state of Illinois to mark the festive season.

Placed between a Christmas tree and a menorah, the four-foot sculpture depicts a snake coiled around an outstretched arm holding an apple.

I guess it's their First A. right to display this. I personally honor Festivus (ex Seinfeld) & worship the Flying Purple Spaghetti Monster.

Most excellent. Smells like freedom, and that's my favorite holiday scent.

Fits right in with all the other pagan symbols...

This door was opened a long time ago (and we are not done yet.)

How many chapters do they have in Africa, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia I wonder?

Festive Satanic statue added to Illinois statehouse - BBC News

No statue of Cthulu?

How disappointing.

Well, since this state has gone to hell I suppose it's fitting...

How many chapters do they have in Africa, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia I wonder?
You're kidding right. Tolerance is pretty much a white people thing, but even then it's limited to tolerance of that which they agree with or have no contact with, so not that tolerant after all.

Does the US Constitution also apply in those countries?

You do not seem to understand why the Satanists are such a potent legal tool to counter conservative Christians' attempts to weaken the separation of church and state and attack the religious and secular rights of others by invoking their religious beliefs as public policy. Christians cannot deny that Satan exists without admitting that they are a hypocrite because Satan is a core part of their bible and the bad to counter good so they cannot logically deny that Satan exists as they can with the gods and figures of every other religion. The fact that they must admit that Satan exists means that they also must allow Satan/Baphomet statues and religious mention of him in any public place where they seek to inject their brand of Christianity. They are loathe to do that so Satan acts as a very effective tool in prohibiting them from injecting their religious belifs into any level of the government or using taxpayer dollars to spread their religious beliefs because it is a constitutional requirement that the state shows no bias toward one belief system over the other so Christians would be forced to permit Satan in public schools, government meetings and government offices on an equal stance with Jesus. Obviously they do not want that to happen, so they back down.

You do not seem to understand why the Satanists are such a potent legal tool to counter conservative Christians' attempts to weaken the separation of church and state and attack the religious and secular rights of others by invoking their religious beliefs as public policy.

So then you are of the opinion that the legacy of early Christians who came to America and founded a nation where before them only existed rocks and buffalo turds pretty much made things worse here? LOL

Yeah, not seeing that as the case.

Christians cannot deny that Satan exists without admitting that they are a hypocrite because Satan is a core part of their bible and the bad to counter good so they cannot logically deny that Satan exists as they can with the gods and figures of every other religion.

Christians are not denying that Satan exists, they could not be believers if they denied that. But what they aren't doing is honoring Satan by building statues of him. Oh and BTW, from a Christian perspective all those other "gods", idols, and the worship of trees and rocks and such is ALSO Satan.... same entity--- just in a different form, but basically the same deceiver according to Christian belief.

The fact that they must admit that Satan exists means that they also must allow Satan/Baphomet statues and religious mention of him in any public place where they seek to inject their brand of Christianity.

So what if a group decides they want worship Hitler can they petition to have his statue in the town square too?

They are loathe to do that so Satan acts as a very effective tool in prohibiting them from injecting their religious belifs into any level of the government or using taxpayer dollars to spread their religious beliefs because it is a constitutional requirement that the state shows no bias toward one belief system over the other so Christians would be forced to permit Satan in public schools, government meetings and government offices on an equal stance with Jesus. Obviously they do not want that to happen, so they back down.

Problem is of course that in our culture "Satan" isn't on an equal stance with Jesus, God/Jehovah, Moses, or even others. But mainly not to Christians and Jews who are a foundation of our culture, customs, ethics, and our identity. Judaeo-Christianity works as a positive force in our culture and therefore it should have a higher visibility.

Back
Top Bottom