• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Feminist Fat Activist Virgie Tovar discusses CRFI "Cake related Fatphobic Incident"

ProgressiveCON

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Feminist Fat Activist Virgie Tovar discusses how people ruin parties and are fat phobic when they demand smaller slices of cake. Virgie Tovar demands less labor for the cake cutter, as she claims, it hurts the feelings of fat people to see people eat less cake and adds more labor for fat people to cut more cake.

Also, there's a ted talks video from Virgie Tovar on the fat acceptance movement, feminism, and thin privilege.

Last edited:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer got slayed by "Fat Activists" for suggesting people not overeat over the holiday.

I'm not going to click on the videos, so I'll just assume that the frustration is over people who want smaller pieces of cake so they don't get overweight, which I consider to be a very worthy and relevant topic when I think of the fact that my state is on fire, nearly a hundred are dead and over 1200 people remain to be found.

Anyway, you know who else irritates me? People who tell me how I should eat.

Feminist Fat Activist Virgie Tovar discusses how people ruin parties and are fat phobic when they demand smaller slices of cake. Virgie Tovar demands less labor for the cake cutter, as she claims, it hurts the feelings of fat people to see people eat less cake and adds more labor for fat people to cut more cake.

Also, there's a ted talks video from Virgie Tovar on the fat acceptance movement, feminism, and thin privilege.

Bloody waste of time.

I'm not going to click on the videos, so I'll just assume that the frustration is over people who want smaller pieces of cake so they don't get overweight, which I consider to be a very worthy and relevant topic when I think of the fact that my state is on fire, nearly a hundred are dead and over 1200 people remain to be found.

Anyway, you know who else irritates me? People who tell me how I should eat.

Huh. So you're one of us? Always knew there was something cool about you.

Since when are woman rights a waste of time?

Explain, please. I don't open video links, so give me a quick precis of what your point is. Along the way, tell me what a 'ted talks' is.

I got in trouble with some Seattle folk by complaining about all of the fat and/or ugly actresses they push at me now.

I see more than enough of that in real life, I expect my art to be better.

:yawn:

Nothing to see here. Moving on.

Explain, please. I don't open video links, so give me a quick precis of what your point is. Along the way, tell me what a 'ted talks' is.

I might not agree with the video, but she does make certain points. For example, she states that social moralization is created around eating cake, where thin women, demanding small slices of cake, act morally superior to fat women obese women, and making them feel worse. It does have some roots grounded in feminism.

Slim, attractive fembot is not angry at men. lulz

i'd rather have a small piece of cake. i didn't like being obese, and worked hard over the past 13 years to make sure that it doesn't happen again. if someone else wants to be overweight and eat the whole cake in one bite, cool. i don't care.

as for those who are adamant about rejecting the fat acceptance movement, they annoy me just as much as the more militant fat acceptance movement proponents. just eat what you want and STFU.

You don't know what Ted Talks are? I'm so jealous of the journey you are about to embark on, having done it already. :) Go Google it, they are pretty legit. (Can't speak to the one quoted in the OP...haven't watched it, as these videos never work for me when I'm at work...probably a good thing...lolz)

You don't know what Ted Talks are? I'm so jealous of the journey you are about to embark on, having done it already. :) Go Google it, they are pretty legit. (Can't speak to the one quoted in the OP...haven't watched it, as these videos never work for me when I'm at work...probably a good thing...lolz)

Looks innerestin', but my internet connection it by satellite and I pay for bandwidth so my video time is minimal. I'll check them out at the library.

Looks innerestin', but my internet connection it by satellite and I pay for bandwidth so my video time is minimal. I'll check them out at the library.

Ah, dang... bloody rural internet. We're lucky, in that we get circa 1999 DSL, so we get unlimited amounts of bandwidth...very very slowly... lol.

Definitely check them out, though - a quick way to get a bunch of information. :)

Back
Top Bottom