• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Female skateboarder says trans competitors are taking prize money away from her and others

Bear5131

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
This has nothing to do with guys wanting to be women , and everything to do with money and fame

At the last contest series I did for Redbull, I placed second. The trans competitor who won took $1000 dollars in qualifiers, $3000 in finals, and $1,000 in best trick," Silverman writes in her post. "This totaled to $5000 of the prize money meant for the female athletes.

Silverman says she has competed in three different contests which allowed trans athletes to compete. She says she placed second in two of them.

In one of those competitions, last year’s Red Bull Cornerstone competition, Silverman took second place while Lillian Gallagher, a transgender skater, took first, according to skateboarding magazine SkateNugg.

Silverman says she decided to email Red Bull about the competition and attached a screenshot of her email to her Instagram post.

In that email, Silverman says “a biological man with a clear advantage won the women’s division, best trick, and also won multiple qualifiers."

This took away the opportunity that was meant for women to place and earn money," Silverman tells Red bull in her email. "What happened was unfair and at the time I was too uncomfortable to speak up. I understand that in today's society even some women this is acceptable, but I believe in doing the right thing even if it's not the popular thing. I now realize it's really important for me to speak up and I'd like to schedule a time to talk.

Red Bull did not get back to Silverman, and the skateboarder says the company has "completely ignored" her.

Red Bull did not get back to Silverman, and the skateboarder says the company has "completely ignored" her.
The company is between a rock and a hard place.

If it sympathizes with Ms. Silverman, it will be called a company run by bigots.

If it sympathizes with transgender skateboarders, it will be called a company run by woke Dems.

Sadly, some transgender people are giving transgenders a bad reputation by making extreme and irresponsible demands.

If they want to identify as women, fine. If they want to wear women's clothing, fine. We all wish them the best of luck in this vale of tears.

But they should not be competing with people who were BORN females.

The company is between a rock and a hard place.

If it sympathizes with Ms. Silverman, it will be called a company run by bigots.

If it sympathizes with transgender skateboarders, it will be called a company run by woke Dems.

Sadly, some transgender people are giving transgenders a bad reputation by making extreme and irresponsible demands.

If they want to identify as women, fine. If they want to wear women's clothing, fine. We all wish them the best of luck in this vale of tears.

But they should not be competing with people who were BORN females.
Exactly, they are calling themselves women and instead of wearing makeup , high heels and dresses, they put on a sports bra , shorts, a wig and compete against girls for the money and fame.

Back
Top Bottom