• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Feinstein : 'I Don't Know' of a Gun Law That Could Have Stopped Las Vegas Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this comment particularly funny:

The California senator did criticize a concealed-carry reciprocity bill currently in the Senate. That legislation would allow people who have concealed carry permits in one state to use that permit in any other state.*
"Well, my opinion of that bill is it's terrible," she said. "We want every American to feel comfortable packing a concealed weapon around the country? I represent 40 million Californians, and I can say without hesitation Californians do not want concealed carry."

What? She can say without hesitation that ALL 40 million Californians oppose concealed carry? :roll:

I used to live in California, and several of my best friends still live there. I can say without hesitation that those I know who own firearms have no problem with concealed carry. :coffeepap:

What? She can say without hesitation that ALL 40 million Californians oppose concealed carry? :roll:

I used to live in California, and several of my best friends still live there. I can say without hesitation that those I know who own firearms have no problem with concealed carry. :coffeepap:

that nasty bitch had a CCW when few could get them. she's a hypocrite

Perhaps that is because there are no laws in place that could make us safer? You all must be proud of your complicity.

Perhaps that is because there are no laws in place that could make us safer? You all must be proud of your complicity.

What an utterly moronic thing to say. Law abiding citizens are NOT complicit in the actions of a murderous madman. Any more than rank and file liberal drones are complicit in an assassination attempt by a Bernie Sanders worshipper. Don't be absurd.

almost every other crime, society has decided the way to stop it is to punish the person who commits the crime. Like drunk driving or rape. we don't ban booze (been there , done that-big failure-it created the violence that gave FDR the excuse to rape the second amendment) or penises or sex toys for that matter. why-because right now there is not a political side associated with booze or penises. But guns are linked with the GOP and that is why gun control is almost invariably the province of Democrats and liberals. that is why they argue prior restraint for gun crimes. because they want to harass gun owners

What an utterly moronic thing to say. Law abiding citizens are NOT complicit in the actions of a murderous madman. Any more than rank and file liberal drones are complicit in an assassination attempt by a Bernie Sanders worshipper. Don't be absurd.

well you could argue that the left is responsible for much of the crime due to coddling criminals, justifying their behavior, pushing laws that led to single parent families during the "great society" idiocy. In the 1960s, Nixon successfully (btw Nixon was a gun banner) argued that democrats were easy on criminals and complicit in violent street crime rising, so Many Democrats adopted gun control as a scheme to pretend they weren't. that led to the NRA objecting and then lobbying against gun controllers. after that, the Democrat party saw the NRA as a serious enemy and started pushing laws designed to harass gun owners in general and the NRA specifically

almost every other crime, society has decided the way to stop it is to punish the person who commits the crime. Like drunk driving or rape. we don't ban booze (been there , done that-big failure-it created the violence that gave FDR the excuse to rape the second amendment) or penises or sex toys for that matter. why-because right now there is not a political side associated with booze or penises. But guns are linked with the GOP and that is why gun control is almost invariably the province of Democrats and liberals. that is why they argue prior restraint for gun crimes. because they want to harass gun owners

Yeesh.
And grin.

almost every other crime, society has decided the way to stop it is to punish the person who commits the crime. Like drunk driving or rape. we don't ban booze (been there , done that-big failure-it created the violence that gave FDR the excuse to rape the second amendment) or penises or sex toys for that matter. why-because right now there is not a political side associated with booze or penises. But guns are linked with the GOP and that is why gun control is almost invariably the province of Democrats and liberals. that is why they argue prior restraint for gun crimes. because they want to harass gun owners[/QUOTE

You poor things.

Well I can say with certainty that some do, since I know them.

You poor things.

your posts are pretty pathetic but serve a useful purpose in illustrating the veracity of my argument that gun control advocates only pretend to care about crime victims but really are motivated to harass gun owners because we gun owners tend not to support the policies and politicians you left-wingers crave

That's like that bull**** where I may be held legally accountable if someone breaks into my home, robs me, and takes my unsecured home defense firearm. I am victimized by a robbery, yet in some states (not mine) I could be held accountable for the actions of a criminal if they use my property in a crime.

That's BS. I've had my vehicle stolen and used in crime...wasnt charged. Not only that, the cops didnt even bother to investigate the crime. Neither to follow up on the fingerprints left all over the vehicle (saw the black finger print powder) to find who stole my vehicle, but not to catch them for the other crime as well. I inquired a couple of times after I got it back.

But, neither of us is pretending to speak for all 40 million Californians. :shrug:

you probably couldn't handle the narcotics that would allow you to speak for some of them :mrgreen:

And you and countryboy appear to condone mass murders. Your sex toys , booze and penis don't interest me in the least.

And you and countryboy appear to condone mass murders. Your sex toys , booze and penis don't interest me in the least.

your posts tend to be a combination of silly lies and ignorance . we get your hate for lawful gun owners. its all about politics

your posts are pretty pathetic but serve a useful purpose in illustrating the veracity of my argument that gun control advocates only pretend to care about crime victims but really are motivated to harass gun owners because we gun owners tend not to support the policies and politicians you left-wingers crave

I'm a gun owner with a concealed carry permit. Nice try, Douche-e.

many of the most virulent gun banners in congress have guns and permits to carry them including Diane Feinswine and UpChuck Schemer

All I know is that these kind of massacres are not commonplace in any other country in the world. So, why? What makes the U.S. different?

All I know is that these kind of massacres are not commonplace in any other country in the world. So, why? What makes the U.S. different?

Different than say, Paris, or Nice, or Istanul, or Mekenskaya, or Gandhinigar, or Madrid?

Different than say, Paris, or Nice, or Istanul, or Mekenskaya, or Gandhinigar, or Madrid?

It's interesting that you bring up incidents in six different countries, that happened over the span of many years, when we have massacres in the U.S. (one country) on about a biweekly basis.

Nobody is claiming "this doesn't happen in other countries." But all the time? 10-50 people getting wiped off the face of the earth every few weeks in the U.S. is the New Normal. It's not like that anywhere else that isn't a war zone.

Hell, 9 people got shot to death at a football watching party in Texas a few weeks back and that was barely a blip.

It's interesting that you bring up incidents in six different countries, that happened over the span of many years, when we have massacres in the U.S. (one country) on about a biweekly basis.

Nobody is claiming "this doesn't happen in other countries." But all the time? 10-50 people getting wiped off the face of the earth every few weeks in the U.S. is the New Normal. It's not like that anywhere else that isn't a war zone.

Hell, 9 people got shot to death at a football watching party in Texas a few weeks back and that was barely a blip.

According to Mother Jones, mass shootings of 10+ victims have happened 15 times since 1982. That's over 35 years. Much less than every few weeks, unless few = 100 weeks where you're from. Dial back the hyperbole.

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2017: Data From Mother Jones’ Investigation – Mother Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom