• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Feingold/Censure thread(after merges)

Re: Feingold Abandoned by Dems!

scottyz said:
The dems proved once again that they are too cowardly to stand up to Bush.

Scotty, mark the day and the time down, that is the first time we have ever agreed on anything..........:lol:

C-mon dems rally around Feingold and, tell us

Exactly WHAT you believe in. IF you really believe Bush has expunged your rights, spied on Americans, made you more vulnerable, broke laws ..& actually believe that President Bush is a threat to the security of America, & should be impeached, ..TELL EVERYBODY, & all the democrats should unite in the congressional democrat house & senate!

Lets have this debate in the congress on "why" Bush should be impeached instead of the democrats just making accusations, & charges that the "drive by media" loves to repeat every hour!

Come out of the closets, ..& tell us WHAT you democrats & liberals believe in, ..& let the American people decide if they agree with the democrats!

Why no, ..instead the majority of congressional democrats are RUNNING from Feingold, ..but then to save face say "he is a man of courage for telling the truth...what a joke??:smile:

We are ALWAYS entreated by the "drive by media" to more "manufactured" media polls almost weekly on how much Bush is supposed to be hated now, ..are we not?:smile:

So..since Bush is so hated as the media, & democrats want people to believe the democrats should all get together to present evidence that Bush should be censured, & impeached...time is important,...Bush must be impeached, ..so uh why is there no movement among democrats?

Here's the truth: the democrats have NO such proofs of any wrongdoing, ..instead they have ONLY emotional satisfaction piling on Bush because they also have NO ideas, or honest platforms to campaign on except in undermining the whole of the Bush presidency!

In fact ..some in the democratic party leadership have stated that the 08' democratic party campaign IS going to be about campaigning against Bush? How ludicrous as Bush is not running for anything in 08'???

Unbelievable...but the trademark of the democratic party that loves to "criminalize & find scandal" in everything associated with the GOP.

If the majority of American people are that dissatisfied, & no longer have faith in Bush as president, & IF Bush is expunging everybody's civil rights, & is breaking laws...by all MEANS BRING the debate, & FIGHT to the congress, ..& LETS air the proceedings for the American people to see!

Serious charges DEMAND serious attention, & ACTION NOW! So, WHAT ARE THE CONGRESSIONAL DEMOCRATS AFRAID OF???:2razz:

My answer: The real TRUTH !:smile:

Re: C-mon dems rally around Feingold and, tell us

Right. I'm tired of all the rhetoric. Either bring your impeachment charges or shut up.

Seems you dittoheads would love to see the democrats try to censure Bush but it ain't gonna happen, well just let Bush dangle in the wind for now.

To kick Bush when he's down would be stupid for the democrats, I mean Bush is as about as lame and pathetic as a president can get right now so just let him squirm, grovel and creep in a prostrate position for as long as possible, we don't need to rally the dittoheads with a useless motion to censure the chimp.

Make no mistake, if we democrats could sucessfully censure Bush with an up or down vote I'd be all for it but that ain't gonna happen so why even consider such a motion?

No, my dittohead friends, we have Bush right where we want him, sucking ***! :cool:

KidRocks said:
No, my dittohead friends, we have Bush right where we want him, sucking ***!

You believe that's what's happening? I really don't see it that way. I'm the pundit in my circle, and nobody else even knows about the censure.

the funny thing about this is that a censure is not a really big deal. it does not mean impeachment, all it means is that congress acknowleges that the president has does something wrong. in this case i think most of us can agree that the president was in the wrong with the NSA wiretaping. and as stradegy goes, idk why the dems wouldnt jump on this because of the presidents approval ratting is so low. also, feindgold has always been a 99-1 guy, since he votted no on the partiot act the first time, the extension, and the second patriot act. and he voted no to the war in iraq. so being in the
99-1 minority is nothing new to him. he is a defender of the constitution, and the american people will respect that.

Liberal Pot Smoker said:
in this case i think most of us can agree that the president was in the wrong with the NSA wiretaping.

I don't agree.

Liberal Pot Smoker said:
the funny thing about this is that a censure is not a really big deal. it does not mean impeachment, all it means is that congress acknowleges that the president has does something wrong. in this case i think most of us can agree that the president was in the wrong with the NSA wiretaping. and as stradegy goes, idk why the dems wouldnt jump on this because of the presidents approval ratting is so low. also, feindgold has always been a 99-1 guy, since he votted no on the partiot act the first time, the extension, and the second patriot act. and he voted no to the war in iraq. so being in the
99-1 minority is nothing new to him. he is a defender of the constitution, and the american people will respect that.
So the other 99 are NOT defenders of the Constitution?...:confused:

Liberal Pot Smoker said:
in this case i think most of us can agree that the president was in the wrong with the NSA wiretaping.
I don't agree. I think it was the right thing to do. I hope we're still doing it. I think first on the list should be liberal pot smoking athiests.

Last edited:

cnredd said:
So the other 99 are NOT defenders of the Constitution?...:confused:

well they dont seem to me like there defending the constitution so i dont know.

Liberal Pot Smoker said:
well they dont seem to me like there defending the constitution so i dont know.

They're defending a different part of the Constitution, Article 2. In recognition of the fact that the Constitution cannot be construed to be a suicide-pact with our mortal enemies, as Senator Feingold would have us believe.

[QUOTEI think most of us can agree that the president was in the wrong with the NSA wiretaping][/QUOTE]

I don't agree either.......

KidRocks said:
Seems you dittoheads would love to see the democrats try to censure Bush but it ain't gonna happen, well just let Bush dangle in the wind for now.

To kick Bush when he's down would be stupid for the democrats, I mean Bush is as about as lame and pathetic as a president can get right now so just let him squirm, grovel and creep in a prostrate position for as long as possible, we don't need to rally the dittoheads with a useless motion to censure the chimp.

Make no mistake, if we democrats could sucessfully censure Bush with an up or down vote I'd be all for it but that ain't gonna happen so why even consider such a motion?

No, my dittohead friends, we have Bush right where we want him, sucking ***! :cool:

My friend with all due respect you live in a world of fantasy........

Liberal Pot Smoker said:
the funny thing about this is that a censure is not a really big deal. it does not mean impeachment, all it means is that congress acknowleges that the president has does something wrong.

You could do that by resolution if you could get enough votes which this won't.

Ahhhhh, no we can't. He was acting in the absolute right under the color of law which he is sworn to enforce. And any Senator that steps up and says we shouldn't be doing this is writingt their own ticket out of town.

and as stradegy goes, idk why the dems wouldnt jump on this because of the presidents approval ratting is so low.

Because most of them know that that every previous President has done exactly as Bush has and the next one will also.

also, feindgold has always been a 99-1 guy, since he votted no on the partiot act the first time, the extension, and the second patriot act.

Another reason he cannot be trusted with defending the United States security.
and he voted no to the war in iraq. so being in the

another reason he should never be commander in chief.

99-1 minority is nothing new to him. he is a defender of the constitution,

Far from it else he would not be making the false statements he is making and he would know the congress has no power to censure the executive branch. If he TRULY believes Bush has broken the law then he should introduce an impeachment resolution. He won't because he's smart enough to know that the courts have already ruled on this and Bush is acting within his power as the President.

and the american people will respect that.

Don't hold you breath, when push comes to shove the man who is commited to keeping us safe and protecting the country will win out.

Navy Pride said:
My friend with all due respect you live in a world of fantasy........

Thanks, but what do you think?

Don't you agree that it would be fruitless, futile and just plain dumb for the demo's to try to censure President Bush?

I know for a fact that you would love to see the democrats go down that distraction ploy path .

KidRocks said:
Thanks, but what do you think?

Don't you agree that it would be fruitless, futile and just plain dumb for the demo's to try to censure President Bush?

I know for a fact that you would love to see the democrats go down that distraction ploy path .

In a time of war it would be political suicide but the dems hate Bush so much I would not be surprised if they try it........I heard Senator Harkin jumped on board with Feingold today.........

While Bush certainly deserves to be censured and probably deserves to be impeached, there's no need wasting the country's time with this bullshit when it has no chance of success.

Kandahar said:
While Bush certainly deserves to be censured and probably deserves to be impeached, there's no need wasting the country's time with this bullshit when it has no chance of success.

You got the right word for it........

Maybe its because Bush and the right-wing republicans (notice I did NOT say all Republicans) are doing a good enough job themselves self destructing. You right wingers are fools - do you think that Democrats are really sitting around doing nothing? I hate to spoil the party.....but we are just watching you wallow in your culture of corruption and enjoying that the American public are beginning to see you in your true colors.

KCConservative said:
Right. I'm tired of all the rhetoric. Either bring your impeachment charges or shut up.

Censuring Bush is the more appropriate action for what Bush has done.
It might be fun to impeach him right after the 08 elections just for the hell of it though :mrgreen:

KidRocks said:
I love when the kid tries to make excuses of why things "aint gonna happen."

hipsterdufus said:
It might be fun to impeach him right after the 08 elections just for the hell of it though :mrgreen:
You mean after years of screaming for his impeachment, you're now saying it isn't "appropriate"? :lol: I love when a liberal makes an excuse. :lol: Like I have been saying to the desperate liberals for six years now, "Keep us posted." :lol:

disneydude said:
Maybe its because Bush and the right-wing republicans (notice I did NOT say all Republicans) are doing a good enough job themselves self destructing. You right wingers are fools - do you think that Democrats are really sitting around doing nothing? I hate to spoil the party.....but we are just watching you wallow in your culture of corruption and enjoying that the American public are beginning to see you in your true colors.

I give you credit you have the La La land left wing democratic partys talking points down pat..............

Culture of coruption the new left wing whacko buzz words...............And after a sleeze bag presidency like "Slick Willie" Clinton.............

Bush spied, dems shied?

Note how the dems are keeping away from Feingold's censure resolution? Why? They don't oppose the "spying" anymore? ;)

Back
Top Bottom