• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Feds To Consider State Funding to Reopen National Parks

MarineTpartier

Haters gon' hate
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I'm all for this. I actually think states should be allowed to voluntarily assume the "ownership", maintenance/staffing, and revenue of any national park within their borders if they so choose. I haven't thought much into the stipulations that should be attached, restrictions placed upon the state's ability to alter or close the park upon assumption of ownership, etc. That's why I'm posting it here. Please, post 2 good things and 2 bad things you think could come of state's assuming ownership of national parks.

Good
1) More state revenue
2) State's would (most likely) be more reactive to park patrons concerns

Bad
1) States may buy parks only to shutter them and harvest it's natural resources
2) If a park begins to lose revenue with a park, there is financial backing to possibly make it profitable again.

Feds To Consider State Funding To Reopen National Parks : The Two-Way : NPR

Back
Top Bottom