• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Feds tell Web firms to turn over user account passwords

I have had letters from a certain government agency directed at me and some people I have represented. They are often written like you will end up in Gitmo if you don't comply and are personally delivered by federal officials who "serve" them. I consider them phishing for compliance since after notifying them "Sure, as soon as you serve me/them with a Court-issued subpoena" and one never arrives, you receive no more letters/contacts on the subject of the specific initial letter.

Sooooo... Anyone know if DP has heard from the feds?

I've always wondered if popular message boards like these get approached by the government for information.

news flash...news flash.....we no longer have privacy!!

What rock did you guys crawl from to believe you ever had any privacy?

Right now ....some 22 year old at AT&T, Verizon etc. ...knows every dam thing you did on the internet since you had their service.

Will you people ever get into the 21st century?

This story is all over the blogosphere, but nothing on the mainstream media, at least not that I can find. Is it real? Maybe. Plausible? definitely. exaggerated? perhaps. If it is real, then it is one more escalation in the war on liberty, the one that started with asset forfeiture, continued with indefinite detention without trial, with the government's ability to reach out and kill someone on unproven suspicion, and with tapping everyone's phone.

When will it stop? Not until the populace stands up and demands that it stop, and so far, there is no indication that the citizenry of this great and formerly free land is willing to stop trading liberty for the illusion of security.

news flash...news flash.....we no longer have privacy!!

What rock did you guys crawl from to believe you ever had any privacy?

Right now ....some 22 year old at AT&T, Verizon etc. ...knows every dam thing you did on the internet since you had their service.

Will you people ever get into the 21st century?

You mean the century where we're all supposed to roll over and let them do what they want?

I think you chose an inappropriate screen name, btw. "lemming" would have been more appropriate. Unless you were being sarcastic.

Back
Top Bottom