• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Feds say 10 alleged Russian secret agents arrested

jujuman13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Link
Feds say 10 alleged Russian secret agents arrested

Quote(The Justice Department says 10 Russian intelligence officers)

Be prepared for the following Headline tomorrow:-

The FSB have arrested 10 American Intelligence Officers, accusing them of long term spying on Russia.

Ten arrested in US on charges of spying for Russia

Ten people have been arrested in the United States for allegedly spying for the Russian government, the US Department of Justice has said.

They have been charged with conspiracy to act as unlawful agents of a foreign government, a crime which carries up to five years in prison.

Eight of them were arrested on Sunday for allegedly carrying out "long-term, 'deep-cover' assignments" on US soil.

Two others were arrested for allegedly participating in the same programme.

An 11th suspect remained at large, the justice department said.

Nine have also been charged with conspiracy to commit money laundering.

BBC News - Ten arrested in US on charges of spying for Russia

Will be interesting to see how this develops on the diplomatic ground.

Re: Ten arrested in US on charges of spying for Russia

goodnews.jpg

I just wish we were as good at catching the Chinese spies.

Ten arrested in US on charges of spying for Russia.

Oh, snap. :mrgreen:

They have announced the arrest of Number 11.

Be interested to see the Headlines in "RUSSIA TODAY" tomorrow? ROFL

Now, Russia will probably go and arrest ten of our spies. So much for the "reset."

If they were smart, they would just buy their intelligence from all the Israeli spies we have here. Those guys are much better. :mrgreen:

They have announced the arrest of Number 11.

Be interested to see the Headlines in "RUSSIA TODAY" tomorrow? ROFL

"Eleven innocent Russian news reporters arrested without evidence by Americans."

Safe conclusion to draw: they sucked at their job.

Which is a good thing, btw.

Could not have sucked that much considering they have been in the US for decades...

Well actually it really depends on how long they've been in the US.

Cyprus has just arrested the 11th suspect while he was trying to catch a flight to Budapest.

This sounds completely rediculous... but w/e.

When they return home to Moscow.

Putin: You have all failed me. Guards, you know what to do.

Actually it's mainly the responsibility of the general command to protect the field ops from being compromised, so I don't think it's really their fault.

Meanwhile, back at the white house.....

OBAMA: The generation that stood together as allies in the Second World War, the great patriotic war in which the Russian people suffered and sacrificed so much.

:doh

Russia furious over Cold War-style US spy arrests

MOSCOW (AFP) – Russia angrily hit back on Tuesday at US claims that it had smashed a Moscow-organised spy ring, saying the accusations were reminiscent of the Cold War and could damage efforts to improve relations.

The following is my rant to Russia.............

To the Russians - You are angry that we arrested your spies? Duh???? In case you haven't been following the news here for the last few years (which would surprise the crap out of me, since you do like to spy on us), we arrested spies from China. We arrested spies from Israel. We arrested spies from Taiwan. Now we arrest your spies. In short, WE ARREST SPIES AND THROW THEM IN PRISON. I am sure you do that too, but just to make things perfectly clear, so do we. We arrest spies. And you are furious? Are you also ****ing retarded? We arrest and jail spies. Why do I keep repeating this? Because you just don't ****ing seem to get it. We arrest spies. So feel free to keep sending us your spies, and we will keep providing them with a cot and 3 squares per day for a few years. We arrest spies.

Damn, just when I think I have already heard from the biggest dumb asses in the world, Russia shows up, and proves me wrong.

We arrest spies, Russia. Thank you, and **** off.

We arrest spies.

I have just completed my rant to Russia. Oh, and one more thing - We arrest spies.

Article is here.

Last edited:
Re: Russia furious over Cold War-style US spy arrests

You arrest spies.

So they are pissed we arrested their spies? Are they saying that they wouldn't have arrested our spies if they were caught. Seriously Russia get over it they were caught.

Russia is correct, their spy ring has damage chances of improving relations. They should have thought about that before sending them over here. I hope they'll accept these consequences as a small price to pay to keep relations for getting worse.

You arrest spies.

Brilliant....just brilliant. I can't wait for what you'll say next. :lol:

so much for that allies wwII and patriotic stuff Obama was talking about the other day.

A country that elected a former high-level KGB operative in landslides is shocked and upset about spying?

Sounds like what they're really pissed about is that we caught theirs and they haven't caught ours. You know we have our tentacles spread out in Moscow. They just have inferior intelligence.

A country that elected a former high-level KGB operative in landslides is shocked and upset about spying?

Sounds like what they're really pissed about is that we caught theirs and they haven't caught ours. You know we have our tentacles spread out in Moscow. They just have inferior intelligence.

Do realize that it's way more probable that they just do not announce it when they capture a spy.
I find it to be way more logical, considering that the spying country won't complain (they don't want it to be found out) and the capturing country would be able to hide the spy's handling from the eyes of the international community.

Back
Top Bottom