• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Feds say 10 alleged Russian secret agents arrested

Also, reading the complaints, you get the sense that the government is trying to point out to the Russians just how thoroughly owned they were.

“The magnitude, and the fact that so many illegals were involved, was a shock to me,” said Oleg D. Kalugin, a former K.G.B. general who was a Soviet spy in the United States in the 1960s and 1970s under “legal” cover as a diplomat and Radio Moscow correspondent. “It’s a return to the old days, but even in the worst years of the cold war, I think there were no more than 10 illegals in the U.S., probably fewer.”

Mr. Kalugin, now an American citizen living outside Washington, said he was impressed with the F.B.I.’s penetration of the spy ring. The criminal complaints are packed with vivid details gathered in years of covert surveillance — including monitoring phones and e-mail, placing secret microphones in the suspected Russian agents’ homes and numerous surreptitious searches.

Suspected Spy Was Ready to Leave U.S., F.B.I. Believed - NYTimes.com

Re: Russia furious over Cold War-style US spy arrests

A country that elected a former high-level KGB operative in landslides is shocked and upset about spying?

Sounds like what they're really pissed about is that we caught theirs and they haven't caught ours. You know we have our tentacles spread out in Moscow. They just have inferior intelligence.

My suspicion is that some of our "spies" will be getting caught over there within days not weeks.

(and anyone with an American passport is a candidate to be nabbed. They (Russia) just need to come up with 11 of them.....)

Pretty hot too.

capt.bb46f2176af040e7a3f6d5fd9795f2b5-bb46f2176af040e7a3f6d5fd9795f2b5-0.jpg

Lives of Anna Chapman, other Russian spy suspects ranged from mundane to glam
Lives of Anna Chapman, other Russian spy suspects ranged from mundane to glam - Yahoo! News

No whammy, here. Everyone spies on everyone. Maybe, a little less towards buddies

Back
Top Bottom