• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Feds: Rep. Corrine Brown, chief of staff, used charity as "personal slush fund"

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The congresswoman was indicted Wednesday and the case details are just coming out. A federal case has also been filed against her chief of staff, Elias Simmons.Out of a 24 count indictment, Brown is facing 22 counts ranging fraud, conspiracy to commit mail fraud, making false statements, wire fraud, and more. Simmons is facing 19 counts.
"Congresswoman Brown and her chief of staff are alleged to have used the Congresswoman's official position to solicit over $800,000 in donations to a supposed charitable organization, only to use that organization as a personal slush fund," said Assistant Attorney General Caldwell.
"The defendants are alleged to have committed a multitude of criminal violations, inc
Rep. Corrine Brown indicted, arrives in court | Firstcoastnews.com

I hope they throw the book at her.

She didn't intend to do it. She didn't realize what she was doing.

Too bad Hillary isn't going to join her.

She didn't intend to do it. She didn't realize what she was doing.

I could honestly believe it in this case. I watched some incredible YouTube moments of her. How was she elected into a government position?

I could honestly believe it in this case. I watched some incredible YouTube moments of her. How was she elected into a government position?

She carved out her own domain before the laws were changed.

She carved out her own domain before the laws were changed.

Yep, gerrymandered heavily black democrat district. One of the worst in the nation. She has spent the last 6 years trying to keep the Fair Redistricting from removing her power base.

You reckon she has a wide stance when in a public toilet. RWNJ fake outrage, people in glass houses.

You would have voted for her had you lived in her district, not me. Outrage indeed... :sinking:

Yep, gerrymandered heavily black democrat district. One of the worst in the nation. She has spent the last 6 years trying to keep the Fair Redistricting from removing her power base.

Ol yea she was madder than all get out when they said that her district violated the redistricting law that was passed.
she moved her area to one that is more conservative and more inclusive of other voters. she was probably going to lose
her seat.

You reckon she has a wide stance when in a public toilet. RWNJ fake outrage, people in glass houses.

She stole 800k dollars from people to live her lifestyle.
it has nothing to do with fake outrage unless
you mean that she didn't intend to take peoples money for
an illegal charity. then she didn't intend to transfer that money
to her personal bank account to spend it on trips, taxes and
a ton of other things.

she just didn't know what she was doing when out of 800k only 1,200
went to what the fake charity was supposed to do.

poor her it isn't fair that people are picking on her.

seriously?

What? What in the world does that have to do with anything. We have a case of a politician breaking laws and they should be punished accordingly, and the public should be outraged, regardless of party affiliation.

I can't comment on the veracity of the accusations/charges, but I do find it interesting that as is often the case with these things the media tries to hide the political affiliation of the accused when the accused is a Democrat. Had it been a Republican, you can be sure that would have been noted directly in the title of the article. It's also interesting to note how often Democrats are caught using other peoples' money as their own.

I can't comment on the veracity of the accusations/charges, but I do find it interesting that as is often the case with these things the media tries to hide the political affiliation of the accused when the accused is a Democrat. Had it been a Republican, you can be sure that would have been noted directly in the title of the article. It's also interesting to note how often Democrats are caught using other peoples' money as their own.

Jesus Christ. Is there ever a time when conservatives don't think of themselves as a victim?

Back
Top Bottom