• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Feds received whistleblower evidence in 2017 alleging Clinton Foundation wrongdoing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, our Federal Government institutions are so permeated with career leftists that any violation of law by fellow leftists are protected....Think of the old Soviet styles of investigation, and government....That's what it looks like.

When faced with the choice between:

1. a simple, logical, solution which explains the situation; or
  2. a complex, convoluted, contorted, solution which requires incredible leaps over gaps in logic that also explains the situation;
    [/liust]

the most logical choice to make is - what?

[HINT - It is NOT "the one that tells me what I want to hear regardless of how ridiculous the solution is".]

Good morning.

There was a wide range of evidence and crimes that prompted the appointment of special counsel.

1. Russian hacking of the DNC and timed/released of those emails to help the Trump campaign (conspiracy against the U.S.)
2. Trump's firing of James Comey because of the Russia investigation (obstruction)
additional evidence indicating potential criminality:
- a long open FBI file/investigation into Trump's former campaign chairman criminal behavior, Paul Manafort, while working for years to help install pro-Russian Ukrainian into power
- a long list of public lies and cover-ups concerning the Trump campaigns contacts with Russians during the campaign and beyond

As Republican Congressman Ratcliffe said just a few days ago regarding Hillary:
Lying to the public is not [illegal]. But is it not evidence of intent and/or consciousness of guilt?
According to the most Conservative of House Republicans, all that lying team Trump has been doing about Russian (and everything else), is evidence of intent and or consciousness of guilt.

So you have two crimes being investigated, and any links between them.
The FBI investigation would have likely continued without a Special Counsel, if Trump had behaved as is expected, and stayed away from the ongoing investigation to avoid any appearance of impropriety, influence, or obstruction.
When on top of all of the above, he fired Comey, it indicated to Rosenstein that the investigation required the independence from the White House that a special counsel confers.

I sometimes wonder if the Republican Party comprehends its own hypocrisy. They want a strong executive via the concept behind the unitary executive theory and we see aspects of the forceful use of executive power being played out with Trump, yet when Obama claimed he wielded "a pen and a phone", they torn him apart for even hinting at using his executive power.

When Bill Clinton merely had oral sex with that woman Monika Lewinski and used his position of power to cover up his illicit affair, he was impeached for what amounted to a mere immoral act. But here we have a President who is clearly trying to abuse his executive power via so-called "discretionary firings at the chief executive's privilege" but inherently you know the only reason he fired Flynn, Comey and Session was due to their ties to the Russia investigation and the real possibility that the President himself could be churned up in it.

It's just interesting when you step back and look through recent 30 year history to see how executive power placed in a President is fine with Republicans when it's one of their own wielding such, but when it's someone of the opposition party suddenly that's too much power for any one man to have.

Fraud in a public charity that takes donations from multiple countries and multiple states is under jurisdiction of the FBI. So the Little Rock FBI and the IRS are both investigating the Clinton Foundation.

Again, that's fine because the investigation currently is at the state level (even though the FBI has broad reach). Now, was the directive to investigate originated directly from the DOJ? That I don't know. My hope is it wasn't because we'd be right back to the federal government getting involved in something that's outside their reach.

So, again, as private citizens if the Clinton misused funds intended for the Clinton Foundation or received funds illegally from foreign donors, that's something that at the most the IRA should be investigating at the federal level but no further. In short, it depends on why their being investigated. Tax fraud? Misappropriations of funds or emails? I'm find with the IRS following the money, for example, because that's something in their wheelhouse. I'm even okay with the state-level FBI office conducting an investigation. But until they find evidence that warrants broader reach, I don't think federal taxpayer dollars should be spent on this.

Last edited:
The predicate? Trump won the election, me thinks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wrong, and hilariously wrong. You don't seem very familiar with the details of this case.

Mueller is a lifelong conservative republican, appointed by another lifelong conservative republican who himself was installed by a republican POTUS.

You're welcome.

Derail one's own thread with whatabouts? Nothing if not predictable. The Clintons have been probed and investigated for decades, yet no charges have ever been brought. Of course it could all be a Jewish Conspiracy between Soros and the Bilderberg group!

00-no pyramid.jpg

How many times do I have to tell you

WE DO NOT EXIST

View attachment 67245775

How many times do I have to tell you

WE DO NOT EXIST

Go DEEP STATE!:lamo

DSAUP42WkAcTQ8s.png

I sometimes wonder if the Republican Party comprehends its own hypocrisy.
They absolutely do. They simply do what they feel they have to, to gain power. Ends justify the means. What are Democrats gonna do about it? Not much so far.

The predicate? Trump won the election, me thinks.

Oh go pound sand, Everyone knows this, IDK why you guys are so obsessed with a need to delude yourselves that anyone is not "over the election". At least find a new schtick? What some of us are not over is giving a guy mulligans on crimes out of blind partisanship, and partisan spite. Judging by a record midterm turnout, America largely agrees Oh and try and not be afraid of boogeymen in the dark, don't lose any sleep thinking about.....

soros-bat-devil.jpg

Or worrying about:

7dcf6a41b3a4d1279da46ccf0e7a2e58.jpg

(We know you deny it, but we smell that fear stench!):lamo

Mwahahahahahaha!:2rofll:

Wrong, and hilariously wrong. You don't seem very familiar with the details of this case.

Mueller is a lifelong conservative republican, appointed by another lifelong conservative republican who himself was installed by a republican POTUS.

You're welcome.

I lifelong Republican who recruits rabid Democrats to man his investigation. Hmm. Seems rather inconsistent.

And on that topic, a Special Counsel is appointed when DOJ investigators have one or more conflicts of interests preventing them from properly investigating.
Where did Mueller recruit his dream team?
From the DOJ.
Wouldn't they have had conflicts of interests that prevented them from properly investigating the alleged Trump / Russia collusion (for which there's no evidence)?

Given the long and strong relationships between Rosenstein, Mueller, Comey and McCabe, why aren't those conflicts of interest ever addressed?

No, the Mueller investigation was politically motivated ("the FBI and Justice Department were aware of the political origins of the dossier, but were not included in FISA warrant applications") - so a fraudulent FISA court submission, largely based on questionable evidence, from a source dismissed as inappropriate by the FBI, ("Steele’s numerous encounters with the media violated the cardinal rule of source handling—maintaining confidentiality—and demonstrated that Steele had become a less than reliable source for the FBI.”) by the FBI, paid for by the Hillary Clinton campaign, and presented to the FISA court without disclosing its source or quality - or so it would appear.

The entire Mueller investigation is politically motivated and planned well in advance as an 'insurance policy' against the eventuality of Trump becoming elected.

It would appear to be a clear case of politically motived abuse of government power by Obama's FBI and the DOJ, not that the Obama administration hasn't always dabbled in this Chicago style machine politics.

I think perhaps that Mueller is more a creature of the government bureaucratic swamp than any political party.

Sorry to be the one to break it to you.

Oh go pound sand, Everyone knows this, IDK why you guys are so obsessed with a need to delude yourselves that anyone is not "over the election". At least find a new schtick? What some of us are not over is giving a guy mulligans on crimes out of blind partisanship, and partisan spite. Judging by a record midterm turnout, America largely agrees Oh and try and not be afraid of boogeymen in the dark, don't lose any sleep thinking about.....

View attachment 67245777

Or worrying about:

View attachment 67245778

(We know you deny it, but we smell that fear stench!):lamo

Mwahahahahahaha!:2rofll:

All the cries of 'Russia! Russia! Russia!" and "Resist! Resist! Resist!" from the left would seem to contradict you.

You're over the election? Fine. Many of the Dems and the left leaning aren't. Perhaps you an help them out getting over it?

Go DEEP STATE!:lamo

DSAUP42WkAcTQ8s.png

Welcome to DEEP STATE.

We have one of the finest football teams in the nation - even though no one has ever heard of it.

Did you check off the appropriate boxes on your application for admission form to qualify for "InState" tuition rates?

All the cries of 'Russia! Russia! Russia!" and "Resist! Resist! Resist!" from the left would seem to contradict you.

You're over the election? Fine. Many of the Dems and the left leaning aren't. Perhaps you an help them out getting over it?

Don't you think, as "The Land of Equality" that the Democrats should be given as long to get over the election of Mr. Trump as Republicans took to get over the election of Mr. Obama?

Don't you think, as "The Land of Equality" that the Democrats should be given as long to get over the election of Mr. Trump as Republicans took to get over the election of Mr. Obama?

In the spirit of "The Land of Equality" where were the mass demonstrations in the streets by conservatives after Obama was elected?
Where where the constant media braying of "Russia! Russia! Russia!" and "Resist! Resist! Resist!" after Obama was elected?

I lifelong Republican who recruits rabid Democrats to man his investigation. Hmm. Seems rather inconsistent.

The only thing consistent here is the laughable fiction that they're 'rabid' Democrats. Again, you're simply not interested in the details of this case.
And on that topic, a Special Counsel is appointed when DOJ investigators have one or more conflicts of interests preventing them from properly investigating.

No such conflicts have been demonstrated to exist.
From the DOJ.
Wouldn't they have had conflicts of interests that prevented them from properly investigating the alleged Trump / Russia collusion (for which there's no evidence)?

There is enough evidence thus far for many guilty pleas and a raft of indictments. But, again, you simply don't care to be informed.
Given the long and strong relationships between Rosenstein, Mueller, Comey and McCabe, why aren't those conflicts of interest ever addressed?

Given that you cannot demonstrate any conflicts of interest, why would you expect to be taken seriously?
No, the Mueller investigation was politically motivated ("the FBI and Justice Department were aware of the political origins of the dossier, but were not included in FISA warrant applications") - so a fraudulent FISA court submission, largely based on questionable evidence, from a source dismissed as inappropriate by the FBI, ("Steele’s numerous encounters with the media violated the cardinal rule of source handling—maintaining confidentiality—and demonstrated that Steele had become a less than reliable source for the FBI.”) by the FBI, paid for by the Hillary Clinton campaign, and presented to the FISA court without disclosing its source or quality - or so it would appear.

The entire Mueller investigation is politically motivated and planned well in advance as an 'insurance policy' against the eventuality of Trump becoming elected.

Again, the entirety of the above is laughable bull**** and a fantasy narrative for which you don't have any credible proof.
It would appear to be a clear case of politically motived abuse of government power by Obama's FBI and the DOJ, not that the Obama administration hasn't always dabbled in this Chicago style machine politics.

I think perhaps that Mueller is more a creature of the government bureaucratic swamp than any political party.

No, it wouldn't appear that way to any rational, sober and intellectually honest adult.

Sorry that you don't get that.

Good morning.

There was a wide range of evidence and crimes that prompted the appointment of special counsel.

1. Russian hacking of the DNC and timed/released of those emails to help the Trump campaign (conspiracy against the U.S.)
2. Trump's firing of James Comey because of the Russia investigation (obstruction)
additional evidence indicating potential criminality:
- a long open FBI file/investigation into Trump's former campaign chairman criminal behavior, Paul Manafort, while working for years to help install pro-Russian Ukrainian into power
- a long list of public lies and cover-ups concerning the Trump campaigns contacts with Russians during the campaign and beyond

As Republican Congressman Ratcliffe said just a few days ago regarding Hillary:
Lying to the public is not [illegal]. But is it not evidence of intent and/or consciousness of guilt?
According to the most Conservative of House Republicans, all that lying team Trump has been doing about Russian (and everything else), is evidence of intent and or consciousness of guilt.

So you have two crimes being investigated, and any links between them.
The FBI investigation would have likely continued without a Special Counsel, if Trump had behaved as is expected, and stayed away from the ongoing investigation to avoid any appearance of impropriety, influence, or obstruction.
When on top of all of the above, he fired Comey, it indicated to Rosenstein that the investigation required the independence from the White House that a special counsel confers.
So,

1. The DNC hack

And

2. The exercise of presidential powers to fire Comey?

Is that right?

Ok,

1. Do you have any proof at all that Trump ordered, or even knew who hacked ?

2. No obstruction in firing Comey, it's within his power to do so...and, it's not, to date, the focus Muller seems to be headed for.

We seemed to have migrated from "collusion", to campaign finance violations....quite a fall.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

When faced with the choice between:

1. a simple, logical, solution which explains the situation; or
  2. a complex, convoluted, contorted, solution which requires incredible leaps over gaps in logic that also explains the situation;
    [/liust]

the most logical choice to make is - what?

[HINT - It is NOT "the one that tells me what I want to hear regardless of how ridiculous the solution is".]
  1. I'm well aware that your opinion will not include all options.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

1. Do you have any proof at all that Trump ordered, or even knew who hacked ?
j-mac, you politely asked on what crimes was SC appointment based on.
Russia hacking the DNC and it's release of those emails to help the Trump administration.
Trump's firing of the lead investigator in an investigation he wanted to stop.
Those are the two suspected crimes, that have evidence, and prompted the appointment of SC.
I fulfilled your request, but FYI I got that straight off wikipedia, it's not really a big mystery (it's sourced, read it if you like).

We seemed to have migrated from "collusion", to campaign finance violations....quite a fall.

Who has?

Also, campaign finance violations are from the Attorney's office in the SDNY.
Mueller is still working the Russian meddling, along with any ties to the Trump campaign, and other matters that may arise..
From that I am expecting
- obstruction, possibly perjury, possibly conspiracy - Trump
- Stone perjury and hopefully conspiracy
- Corsi perjury and possibly conspiracy
- Don Jr. perjury, maybe conspiracy

Could be more for all we know, they have kept the lid on tight.

From the DOJ.

Well said agree 100%

Actually, only those wanting a "SQUIRREL" moment to take attention away from the current Felon in Chief care.

IMO , if the Republicans want to investigate the Clinton foundation, let them. It keeps them distracted. Let them work on that.

The only thing consistent here is the laughable fiction that they're 'rabid' Democrats. Again, you're simply not interested in the details of this case.

No such conflicts have been demonstrated to exist.

There is enough evidence thus far for many guilty pleas and a raft of indictments. But, again, you simply don't care to be informed.

Given that you cannot demonstrate any conflicts of interest, why would you expect to be taken seriously?

Again, the entirety of the above is laughable bull**** and a fantasy narrative for which you don't have any credible proof.

No, it wouldn't appear that way to any rational, sober and intellectually honest adult.

Sorry that you don't get that.

Your post doesn't address or refute a single legitimate point I raised, only belittle them, so no sense continuing a non-productive conversation. See Ya!

What if.... (and, I'm just thinking out loud, here), what if that kind of thing is bad.... regardless of the party affiliation of the person doing it???

What if.... I mean, you know, what if it were possible that we lived in a universe where the Clintons and Trump could both be corrupt?

I know, I know, everybody, crazy idea. But what if....
The problem is that both were investigated. Republicans had half a dozen investigations going at one point on Hillary. None came to the conclusion the right desperately wanted. So they blamed Comey, they blamed Obama, and everything except the people carrying out the investigations that didnt justify the prosecutions they wanted to see.

Compare that to Mueller.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Your post doesn't address or refute a single legitimate point I raised, only belittle them, so no sense continuing a non-productive conversation. See Ya!

LOL! You haven't raised any legitimate points; you've only made asinine, Alex Jones level statements and conclusions w/nothing of substance behind them.

LOL! You haven't raised any legitimate points; you've only made asinine, Alex Jones level statements and conclusions w/nothing of substance behind them.
That'd be your opinion, and you are entitled to it.
As am I entitled to my opinion.

That'd be your opinion, and you are entitled to it.
As am I entitled to my opinion.

No, that would be objective reality. You have made claims. There is no credible evidence to back those claims up, nor can you supply any.

It's pure hair-on-fire, RW conspiracy conjecture and bull****.

That you don't know this is most telling and completely predictable.

No, that would be objective reality. You have made claims. There is no credible evidence to back those claims up, nor can you supply any.

It's pure hair-on-fire, RW conspiracy conjecture and bull****.

That you don't know this is most telling and completely predictable.

Have a good evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom