• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Feds Now Have Evidence Trump Broke the Law to Become President. Will Whitaker Bury It?

While this certainly looks like he broke the law, I personally can’t get upset about this. There is so much LEGAL stuff he does that bothers me more. If he had stole campaign money to pay them that would be a different story. But saying it is illegal to pay his girlfriends off to keep the affair a secret because the word getting out might have hurt is chances of being elected, is too long of a technicality rope for me to walk. It is like with Clinton, yes he technically broke the law in lying under oath but he was lying about getting a BJ. The secrets they were hiding weren’t crimes. They are crimes of technicality to hide embarrassment, not to hide other crimes.

I said it was stupid when it happened to Clinton and if this happens it will be stupid too.

Election laws are written to prevent cheating and subversion of our elections and to protect national security.. Are you likening cheating in elections to BJ's?

Sounds like regardless of what happens, President Trump will not be going anywhere unless he loses in 2020.

Pretty much, I don't think that there's any chance that he will be impeached. If he's to go, it will be in 2020, and that will require the Dems to put up a smart candidate. Trump's not invincible, but he does know how to trot out the fear mongering propaganda and hyperpartisan drama. The Dems can take advantage, but they have to be smart about it.

Election laws are written to prevent cheating and subversion of our elections and to protect national security.. Are you likening cheating in elections to BJ's?

No, I am liking paying off a mistress to lying about getting a BJ.

Indeed.

$25 million settlement finalized in Trump University lawsuit

And those who can convince stupid people to support them and make sure their crimes are never investigated...

Donald Trump declares 'I love the poorly educated'

Business men with multibillion dollar industries will have many lawsuits filed against them. I could care less how many businessmen get sued. I do care about my leaders lying to me about world events. Especially when people have been killed. Trump can run around with all the women he wanted to as a billionaire businessman same a JFK. Nobody cares. Unimportant. Claiming you were shot as a high profile leader of this country by a sniper in another country when it never happened is important to me.

Yawn. Even the kabuki theater republican star chamber definitively concluded that your claim is bull****.

But feel free to cling to it all you need to.

I just watched it with my own eyes. No more proof is needed.

Feds Now Have Evidence Trump Broke the Law to Become President. Will Whitaker Bury It?

stormy-daniels-trump-mcdougal-480x270.jpg

Stormy Daniels, Donald Trump (a/k/a David Dennison), Karen McDougal

Basically, if Trump had lost the 2016 election, he would soon be an indicted co-conspirator for violating campaign finance laws. However, Trump did win the 2016 election and the question of indicting a sitting president is unsettled. Trump is protected due to; 1) there is no legal precedent for indicting a sitting president, 2) Trump just appointed a clearly pro-Trump and Mueller-biased DoJ official as USAG, 3) the Trump enabling GOP Senate would most likely not convict no matter what any Articles of Impeachment evidence demonstrated, and 4) SCOTUS is majority politically conservative and newly confirmed Justice Kavanaugh is very much indebted to Donald Trump and the GOP.

Without a resignation, the United States may very well have a [legally/politically protected] criminal in the Oval Office for the next two years. I believe it is absolutely imperative to make certain that Donald Trump is not re-elected in 2020. Do not allow the Mueller Report to be quashed. Federal/SDNY grand juries should indict Donald Trump and if at all possible, publish relevant felony indictments. If the indictments are ordered sealed and placed in abatement, the House of Representatives should bring Articles of Impeachment with open televised hearings. It is critical that the American people have all of the relevant information available to make an informed decision in regards to re-electing Donald Trump (and sympathetic GOP Senators) in 2020.

He paid mistresses off, just like many other people have, including Bill Clinton.

He paid mistresses off, just like many other people have, including Bill Clinton.

There is nothing illegal about Trump paying Stormy, or anyone else, out of his own funds. Non-disclosure agreements are made every day. What's utterly amazing is that the Dems rail about Trump while still loving the Clintons. Their hypocrisy truly causes them to strain out a gnat and swallow a camel.

While this certainly looks like he broke the law, I personally can’t get upset about this. There is so much LEGAL stuff he does that bothers me more. If he had stole campaign money to pay them that would be a different story. But saying it is illegal to pay his girlfriends off to keep the affair a secret because the word getting out might have hurt is chances of being elected, is too long of a technicality rope for me to walk. It is like with Clinton, yes he technically broke the law in lying under oath but he was lying about getting a BJ. The secrets they were hiding weren’t crimes. They are crimes of technicality to hide embarrassment, not to hide other crimes.

I said it was stupid when it happened to Clinton and if this happens it will be stupid too.

I understand your sentiment, but want to make a correction on the Clinton front. I'm sure he did want to avoid embarrassment, but it was to hide another crime. The testimony where he made the lie was part of a lawsuit about another sexual assault. And technically, 99% of the time, what Clinton did with Lewinski would be considered sexual harassment.

Back
Top Bottom