• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Feds investigate Redneck Day at Arizona high school, have nothing better to do

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Feds investigate Redneck Day at Arizona high school | The Daily Caller

So the kids decide to have "Redneck Day" because, hey, Duck Dynasty is popular.

Some kid comes in dressed in a confederate flag. A teacher tells him to take it off. He does take it off and, from what I've seen, doesn't even offer argument. Some other kid is so offended that he/she goes to regional office for Civil Rights and makes (literally) a federal case out of things.

How can somebody watch this crap and not see that race hustlers are doing their damnedest to spread hatred, frustration and anger. I'm no longer sure if there is any goal beyond that for them. I mean, seriously, how will crap like this make everyone "equaler"? It won't. It can't. The ONLY thing crap like this can do is drive people away from one another.

Hey, until they have enough laws to train whitey to not wear a rebel flag, the job is not done.

:roll:

Attaboy FBI. Go about terrorizing children. Next up: Go arrest people who do Civil war re-enactments. Especially of the battles where those damn confederates won.

Dumb ass should have brought a jug of moonshine instead. Kids just never learn.

I'm more upset that schools are wasting precious time and money on this
The point was to dress like – and spoof – “Duck Dynasty,” an A&E reality TV show which follows a wealthy, eccentric Louisiana family.

Anyway the Department of Education has a role in enforcing federal guidelines regarding education, you could say it's its primary purpose so this investigation is not outside the realm of their role. Also I don't think we should demand our government start ignoring civil rights complaints, that wouldn't be better than an investigator taking a look at this situation and if its as simple as its described, which I bet it is, it should only be a small matter.

Nothing to get too upset about.

Attaboy FBI. Go about terrorizing children. Next up: Go arrest people who do Civil war re-enactments. Especially of the battles where those damn confederates won.

Looks like someone didn't read the article before making an opinion. There's no FBI, no "trrorizing of children," good job, how does it feel to be so willfully ignorant?

How can somebody watch this crap and not see that race hustlers are doing their damnedest to spread hatred, frustration and anger. I'm no longer sure if there is any goal beyond that for them. I mean, seriously, how will crap like this make everyone "equaler"? It won't. It can't. The ONLY thing crap like this can do is drive people away from one another.

I don't see it all that much differently than 2 out of 3 Americans (4 out of 5 Republicans) being opposed to the plans for building a Mosque on Ground Zero (51 Park Place).

People are going to be offended about what they're going to be offended about, even if you and I see their offense as childish, unproductive, stupid, or even dangerous.

At least both incidents are being handled through "official channels" rather than folks taking matters into their own hands.

That's progress.

60 years ago if a black man got offended about a Confederate flag the Rednecks would just burn his house down and rape his wife and kids.

Looks like someone didn't read the article before making an opinion. There's no FBI, no "trrorizing of children," good job, how does it feel to be so willfully ignorant?

In my defense, I don't read anything the daily caller puts out. the moment I saw the site, I closed it. I read Feds and assumed FBI. Either way, whoever is doing this is wrong and should be punished.

In my defense, I don't read anything the daily caller puts out. the moment I saw the site, I closed it. I read Feds and assumed FBI. Either way, whoever is doing this is wrong and should be punished.

If you're going to comment on a story, you might as well know something about it first. Jesus Christ. And do you really want to punish someone at the DoE for investigating a civil rights complaint? We want our government to punish employees for not investigating civil rights complaints?

If you're going to comment on a story, you might as well know something about it first. Jesus Christ. And do you really want to punish someone at the DoE for investigating a civil rights complaint? We want our government to punish employees for not investigating civil rights complaints?

This shouldn't have ever went to the department of education. This should have been settled by the school and the parents. The fact that someone went overboard is just a sign of the dysfunctional educational system. The fact that the DoE is actually pursuing this means that they're completely hopeless as an institution.

This shouldn't have ever went to the department of education. This should have been settled by the school and the parents. The fact that someone went overboard is just a sign of the dysfunctional educational system. The fact that the DoE is actually pursuing this means that they're completely hopeless as an institution.

Again, do we want our government ignoring civil rights complaints?

You still don't have a ****ing clue about anything with this story but you're still making opinions! A private citizen went to the DoE, not the school or anyone at the school, how is that a sign of a dysfunctional system? That's like saying because someone makes a prank 911 call, the police are dysfunctional.

Hey, until they have enough laws to train whitey to not wear a rebel flag, the job is not done.

:roll:

We have determined that we have the authority to investigate this allegation,” the DOE letter also states. “We note, however, that the display of the confederate flag concerns rights protected by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. Therefore, the scope of OCR’s investigation will be limited to whether a racially hostile environment was created due to language and actions that were not protected by the First Amendment.”

Another jackass who can't be bothered to read the article. Seriously how the **** does anyone have any self respect if they knowingly form an opinion about something without knowing a damn thing about it?

Feds investigate Redneck Day at Arizona high school | The Daily Caller

So the kids decide to have "Redneck Day" because, hey, Duck Dynasty is popular.

Some kid comes in dressed in a confederate flag. A teacher tells him to take it off. He does take it off and, from what I've seen, doesn't even offer argument. Some other kid is so offended that he/she goes to regional office for Civil Rights and makes (literally) a federal case out of things.

Rebel flag is history. Nothing wrong with the symbol itself. If a kid wants to wear it, let him. That is his right. Once again, his CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to wear the symbol if he wants to. Civil rights whackos need to recognize the difference between persecution and inequality and freedom of speech and expression.

Last edited:
Again, do we want our government ignoring civil rights complaints?

You still don't have a ****ing clue about anything with this story but you're still making opinions! A private citizen went to the DoE, not the school or anyone at the school, how is that a sign of a dysfunctional system? That's like saying because someone makes a prank 911 call, the police are dysfunctional.

I did read it after you drew the attention of the article.

The student peacefully removed the apparel. There should have been no investigation. If the student hadn't peacefully removed the apparel then yes, there may be a just motivation for the inquiry. As it stands, it's just proof of the fact that the whole thing is broken.

And no, it's not like saying that just because someone makes a 911 prank call, the police are dysfunctional. It's not even close to that. That's a false parallel.

I don't see it all that much differently than 2 out of 3 Americans (4 out of 5 Republicans) being opposed to the plans for building a Mosque on Ground Zero (51 Park Place).

People are going to be offended about what they're going to be offended about, even if you and I see their offense as childish, unproductive, stupid, or even dangerous.

At least both incidents are being handled through "official channels" rather than folks taking matters into their own hands.

That's progress.

60 years ago if a black man got offended about a Confederate flag the Rednecks would just burn his house down and rape his wife and kids.

Well, if the matter is as simple as stated, there seems little point in the investigation. But I guess that is largely dependent on what the actual complaint is. Though there seems a double standard applied on who and what is investigated. With official and public elements being more reactive to issues concerning minorities.

Well, if the matter is as simple as stated, there seems little point in the investigation. But I guess that is largely dependent on what the actual complaint is. Though there seems a double standard applied on who and what is investigated. With official and public elements being more reactive to issues concerning minorities.

Where are the cries for freedom of speech and expression? The student shouldn't have been asked to remove it in the first place.

Another jackass who can't be bothered to read the article. Seriously how the **** does anyone have any self respect if they knowingly form an opinion about something without knowing a damn thing about it?

I read the article. But thanks for the personal attack.

If you read it, and understood what was said, you'd know they have no business investigating anything, as the reported 'issue' of the guy wearing a conferderate flag is by their own omission a free speech issue and as far as the article shows there were no other issues.

It boils down to government control, government overstepping it's bounds, and of course a use the the race card to spur on more hate. Which is what my comment was about.

Where are the cries for freedom of speech and expression? The student shouldn't have been asked to remove it in the first place.

The exercise of free speech has been recognized as being limited in a school setting in the past, and the DOE has made clear there are first amendment and free speech concerns here that they are unwilling to transgress. So I'm not seeing the issue along those lines

Well, the exercise of free speech has been recognized as being limited in a school setting in the past, and the DOE has made clear there are first amendment and free speech concerns here that they are unwilling to transgress. So I'm not seeing the issue along those lines

The limitations are also unconstitutional. Just saying.

It's like one of my family members told me once when I pointed out to her that the propaganda she was posting on FaceBook had already been debunked and exposed as being misinforming propaganda. She says, "The last time I checked, this was a free country and I'm free to believe what I want to believe."

I just shook my head. What else can ya do?

The limitations are also unconstitutional. Just saying.

Well, you are certainly free to hold that opinion, but established legal precedence is that such limitations are enacted well within the scope of the constitution

Well, you are certainly free to hold that opinion, but established legal precedence is that such limitations are enacted well within the scope of the constitution

Saying the kids can't wear shirts with guns, and that they can't have a confederate flag are within scope of the Constitution? Well then why don't we start going after people who burn and stomp on American flags? People get bent out of shape when there is nothing to get bent out of shape over.

Saying the kids can't wear shirts with guns, and that they can't have a confederate flag are within scope of the Constitution?

I think it is more of a matter that kids in general, are not 'legal age' citizens, and in general do not really hold all the same 'freedoms' that adults do.

Saying the kids can't wear shirts with guns, and that they can't have a confederate flag are within scope of the Constitution?

As far as I am aware, yes, such is recognized as a legitimate restriction in a school environment

Well then why don't we start going after people who burn and stomp on American flags?

Are we allowing people to do this in a school, or in a public forum?

People get bent out of shape when there is nothing to get bent out of shape over.

Yeah, as I said, there seems little need for an investigation here

As far as I am aware, yes, such is recognized as a legitimate restriction in a school environment

Are we allowing people to do this in a school, or in a public forum?

Yeah, as I said, there seems little need for an investigation here

People are allowed to desecrate the flag without restriction (outside of school) yes. There is nothing wrong with guns on a shirt, it doesn't infringe on ANYONE, it isn't even offensive. The restrictions are ridiculous and I don't care what the legal precedence is, that isn't what the constitution says.

Back
Top Bottom