• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Feds Bust Militia Plot to Kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, Overthrow Government: Affidavit

beefheart

Ice Cream for Crow?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Oh look, crazy violent right wing thugs...

Feds Bust Militia Plot to Kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, Overthrow Government: Affidavit

Several members talked about murdering ‘tyrants’ or ‘taking’ a sitting governor,” an FBI agent said of the alleged scheme.

Pilar Melendez

Updated Oct. 08, 2020 11:59AM ET / Published Oct. 08, 2020 11:58AM ET

Federal prosecutors on Thursday announced the arrest of six men who allegedly plotted to violently overthrow the government and kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.
The half a dozen men were arrested Wednesday night after the FBI and Michigan State Police reportedly spent hours raiding a Hartland home.
The arrest came after investigators uncovered an alleged plot that involved reaching out to members of a Michigan militia, according to a federal affidavit filed Thursday.
“Several members talked about murdering ‘tyrants’ or ‘taking’ a sitting governor,” an FBI agent wrote in the affidavit, as first reported by The Detroit News. “The group decided they needed to increase their numbers and encouraged each other to talk to their neighbors and spread their message.”

Is there another way to remove this tyrant that doesn't involve a militia?

"Garbin", is that like McLovin'?

Yeah, you vote. If you don't have enough votes, obviously they are not 'tyrants'. They are 'elected officials'. Threaten them, and you go to jail - as can be seen in the article above.

This is ideal evidence showing why far right maniacs are the biggest domestic threat - other than Trump himself - to the USA.

These idiots should get the book thrown at them to send a strong signal to the right wing.

You’ve heard of this neat new concept called “voting“?

I get that doesn’t appeal to Trump cult, especially considering that you lot don’t understand what a “tyrant” is.

This is ideal evidence showing why far right maniacs are the biggest domestic threat - other than Trump himself - to the USA.

These idiots should get the book thrown at them to send a strong signal to the right wing.
One of the biggest things I'm hoping from a Biden presidency, is a return to law & order.

"...but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides" - President OrangeGlow

"Stand down and standby" - Also President OrangeGlow, but I guess some did not get the memo.

Yeah, you vote. If you don't have enough votes, obviously they are not 'tyrants'. They are 'elected officials'. Threaten them, and you go to jail.
You will love this, there is a rather large and nice Elk's club in our neighborhood. A few months ago, 6 of us were riding our bikes and decided to go in and check it out, and have a beer. We are all in our mid-50's, but we were clearly the youngest people there. We were given applications in case we wanted to join. I thought it might be fun, but then one of the questions bothered me: "Are you now a member of or directly or indirectly participating in the activities of any group or organization, or supporting or adhering to beliefs or tenets advocating the the overthrow of the Government of the United States, or any of its political subdivisions by force or violence?"

I advocate the overthowing of the government every time I exercise my right to vote.... 😄

I don't see a very good future for the club, no amount of cheap beer is going to bring in new blood.

One of the biggest things I'm hoping from a Biden presidency, is a return to law & order.

Exactly. The Trump crime family has to realize their reign of criminality is soon to be over.

Law and order baby! I think the day is coming when these law and order types are going to meet our national guard.

Oh look, crazy violent right wing thugs...

Several members talked about murdering ‘tyrants’ or ‘taking’ a sitting governor,” an FBI agent said of the alleged scheme.

Pilar Melendez
Updated Oct. 08, 2020 11:59AM ET / Published Oct. 08, 2020 11:58AM ET

Federal prosecutors on Thursday announced the arrest of six men who allegedly plotted to violently overthrow the government and kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.
The half a dozen men were arrested Wednesday night after the FBI and Michigan State Police reportedly spent hours raiding a Hartland home.
The arrest came after investigators uncovered an alleged plot that involved reaching out to members of a Michigan militia, according to a federal affidavit filed Thursday.
“Several members talked about murdering ‘tyrants’ or ‘taking’ a sitting governor,” an FBI agent wrote in the affidavit, as first reported by The Detroit News. “The group decided they needed to increase their numbers and encouraged each other to talk to their neighbors and spread their message.”
Will they never learn? Rightists don't do armed rebellion, they screw it up every time. Last time rightists tried something like this they ended up occupying the concession stand in a closed national park or something like. Didn't one of them shoot another one by accident that time ? And now this.
Bunch of bozos. If you want to pull off an armed insurrection you need leftists. Hell, the left has fomented successful rebellion armed only with the paving stones they pried up off the street.

Trump just lost six more votes.

At least these members of the Cheeto Army will be standing down...

Exactly. The Trump crime family has to realize their reign of criminality is soon to be over.
Donald Trump is not a person that should have Presidential immunity. I hope as a country, we've learned a lesson here.

Imagine if they put this level of effort to investigate Antifa. Perhaps our cities wouldn't have been burned to the ground and their police stations wouldn't have been overrun. I'm glad Whitmer is safe, would be nice if they spent this time also focusing on the groups that are currently attacking the US.

Back
Top Bottom