• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federation v Empire

In a war between the Federation and the Empire, who wins?

• Total voters

Goobieman

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
On the heels of the Star Wars v Star Trek poll...

Obviously the Empire. If I'm not mistaken, the Empire was a galactic civilization and the Federation just spanned a few star systems.

Obviously the Empire. If I'm not mistaken, the Empire was a galactic civilization and the Federation just spanned a few star systems.

The Uited Federation of Planets...

star_trek_universe.jpg

I think a "few" is an understatement. 5% of our galaxy, or so.

Fed technology, I thnk, makes the difference.

I think the technology of the Federation is superior to that of the Empire and would be the deciding factor. Federation vessels are smaller and more manueverable than star destroyers and pack equal if not greater firepower.

maybe we should find some super geek to research all the techie crap from both sides and send it in to "Deadliest Warrior" and let them decide.

I think the technology of the Federation is superior to that of the Empire and would be the deciding factor. Federation vessels are smaller and more manueverable than star destroyers and pack equal if not greater firepower.
The Feds have the deciding advantage in that, from what we have seen on the screen, they can fight at FTL speeds, whereas Empire ships cannot.

maybe we should find some super geek to research all the techie crap from both sides and send it in to "Deadliest Warrior" and let them decide.
That is a GREAT idea.

Arent they pretty much the same?

The Federation was just nicer about their interstellar dickery.

Arent they pretty much the same?

The Federation was just nicer about their interstellar dickery.

nah, the Federation is like the Old Republic from Star Wars. While the Empire is much like the Klingons. (central dictator with regional governors ring a bell)

On the heels of the Star Wars v Star Trek poll...

What a silly question. The United Federation of Planets, of course. The Empire is just a fictional name made up for a movie. Real life always trumps cartoon.

Phasers are infinitely superior to blaster cannons.
That's coming from a bigger Star Wars fan.

The Empire, but I think it would be a close fight. Now the Federation were going to be fighting more Jedi I don't think it would be close at all.

The Empire, but I think it would be a close fight. Now the Federation were going to be fighting more Jedi I don't think it would be close at all.
I think you'd find that most issues would be decided long before they reached the scale where Jedi involvement would have an effect.

sorry Star, but Jedi would hardly factor in. hokey religions and ancient weapons would be no match for a photon torpedo. Besides...the Jedi didn't fight for the Empire and after Episode 3 there were basically only two left and Luke was fighting against the Empire so he would cancel out any benefit having Vader might be to the Empire.

I think too many SW fans over estimate the effectiveness of the Jedi in large scale combat operations. one on one at close/medium range a Jedi is kick ass. but over larger distances, the powers fade considerably. look at episode 6 when the stormtroopers wiped out the Jedi temple. If the Jedi couldn't repel ground troops with hand weapons, what makes you think they could repel phaser fire from a Galaxy class cruiser?

I'd say the Federation, but remember, some of the spying and intrigue that the Empire manages rivals if not betters that of the Obsidian Order. In a straight up battle, the Federation has the FAR better technology. But with the underhandedness and infiltration skills of the Empire, they might induce the Federation to implode from within.

Now, a good question would also be, how would the Dominion and The Borg react?

I just realized there's no poll.

Please add
1: Empire
2: Federation

Moderator's Warning:
Poll added.

I'd say the Federation, but remember, some of the spying and intrigue that the Empire manages rivals if not betters that of the Obsidian Order. In a straight up battle, the Federation has the FAR better technology. But with the underhandedness and infiltration skills of the Empire, they might induce the Federation to implode from within.

Agreed. The Federation would not be dealing with Jedi, but Sith.

Don't think for a minute that the Sith would be beyond using their power to "influence" Feddie higher-ups to surrender power to them. Don't think the Federation wouldn't negotiate with them, either. That would be the REAL threat the Federation would face.

Now, in an out-right battle, any "negotiation" with Sith OR Jedi would be with overloaded Photon Torpedoes, which would end the "talks" quick-like. Either are impressive in close combat, but once that hit 80,000 km away, they're in Overload range. That's when the pain starts.

I have to go with the Empire on this one due to numbers and resources.

I have to go with the Empire on this one due to numbers and resources.

please dude, the rebellion kicked the Empire's ass and they didn't have jack squat as far as numbers and resources. the Federation would cut through the Empire like **** through a goose.

sorry Star, but Jedi would hardly factor in. hokey religions and ancient weapons would be no match for a photon torpedo. Besides...the Jedi didn't fight for the Empire and after Episode 3 there were basically only two left and Luke was fighting against the Empire so he would cancel out any benefit having Vader might be to the Empire.

I think too many SW fans over estimate the effectiveness of the Jedi in large scale combat operations. one on one at close/medium range a Jedi is kick ass. but over larger distances, the powers fade considerably. look at episode 6 when the stormtroopers wiped out the Jedi temple. If the Jedi couldn't repel ground troops with hand weapons, what makes you think they could repel phaser fire from a Galaxy class cruiser?

I was saying if they fought more Jedi I think they would be in trouble. Now obviously, the Empire didn't really have Jedi, but if the federation fought the Republic at the Jedi's peak, I don't think the Federation would have a chance. Also the Jedi aren't the best long range fighters, but there are some force powers that can effect the entire battlefield(ex Battle Meditation)

Also, the reason Order 66 worked out so well, is because the Jedi were spread out, and their own guys attacked them, and if you remember there were no Jedi at the Jedi Temple, only younglings.

I was saying if they fought more Jedi I think they would be in trouble. Now obviously, the Empire didn't really have Jedi, but if the federation fought the Republic at the Jedi's peak, I don't think the Federation would have a chance. Also the Jedi aren't the best long range fighters, but there are some force powers that can effect the entire battlefield(ex Battle Meditation)

Also, the reason Order 66 worked out so well, is because the Jedi were spread out, and their own guys attacked them, and if you remember there were no Jedi at the Jedi Temple, only younglings.

I'd still put my money on a full armed phaser bank from 10,000 kilometers out.

please dude, the rebellion kicked the Empire's ass and they didn't have jack squat as far as numbers and resources. the Federation would cut through the Empire like **** through a goose.

The Empire lost to the Rebellion much like the British lost to the Americans in the revolutionary war, the Rebellion used gorilla warfare to defeat the Empire(also having Luke take out their leadership helped), and didn't fight them straight up, like the Federation would. If they did they would have been obliterated.

That's not true, though there were many more padawans that actual Jedi. There were some Jedi at the Jedi Temple, including the chief Jedi instructor Cin Drallig.

Back
Top Bottom