• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal Panel Of Judges Dismisses All 83 Ethics Complaints Against Brett Kavanaugh

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
https://www.npr.org/2018/12/18/6780...vbR-VFM7lyw8YdNb-2447bkYQzp9p5K9vSab3I1ZSGH7Q

[FONT=Georgia, serif]A specially appointed federal panel of judges has dismissed all 83 ethics complaints brought against Justice Brett Kavanaugh regarding his conduct at his confirmation hearings.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]I think the Kavanaugh haters were told that this would happen no matter what due to jurisdictional issues. Guess what, Kavanaugh is a Justice and I expect he will be for years to come[/FONT]

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/18/6780...vbR-VFM7lyw8YdNb-2447bkYQzp9p5K9vSab3I1ZSGH7Q

[FONT=Georgia, serif]A specially appointed federal panel of judges has dismissed all 83 ethics complaints brought against Justice Brett Kavanaugh regarding his conduct at his confirmation hearings.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]I think the Kavanaugh haters were told that this would happen no matter what due to jurisdictional issues. Guess what, Kavanaugh is a Justice and I expect he will be for years to come[/FONT]

A little late to the party, brother. :)

https://www.debatepolitics.com/gene...thics-complaints-against-brett-kavanaugh.html

.....and why the dems if they keep the house, take the WH and senate, should add two judges to the SCOTUS.

You clearly only read the headline. From the second damn paragraph:

"The judges concluded that while the complaints "are serious," there is no existing authority that allows lower court judges to investigate or discipline Supreme Court justices."

So they didn't clear him because of his sparkly clean character, but because now that he's a Supreme Court Justice the judges no longer have the authority to investigate or discipline him.

I’m thinking a change of skivvies is in order.........

.....and why the dems if they keep the house, take the WH and senate, should add two judges to the SCOTUS.

Which means the next time GOP gets it then they’ll add four judges.

Or the Supreme Court might have to play the liberals activist game back on them and declare court packing unconstitutional

"The judges concluded that while the complaints "are serious," there is no existing authority that allows lower court judges to investigate or discipline Supreme Court justices."

So they didn't clear him because of his sparkly clean character, but because now that he's a Supreme Court Justice the judges no longer have the authority to investigate or discipline him.
And also he did nothing wrong

I think next time Trump appoints a judge we should just have no hearings at all, they’re just a chance for the Dems to create lies.

that wouldn't happen. but hateful left-wingers keep pretending it could

you seem not to have bothered to read what I wrote

no matter what due to jurisdictional issues

It would have been better if you had just messed up and honestly thought that the panel had absolved him of any charges due to them having no merit.

"Haha, he can't be investigated due to jurisdictional issues!"

So what did you win here, exactly?

It would have been better if you had just messed up and honestly thought that the panel had absolved him of any charges due to them having no merit.

lolwut

The Kavanaugh hearing was a low point in American democracy.

Seems like a substantial hole in the system yes?

Has there ever been a case where a SC Justice was on trial for a crime?

I agree. The attempted assassination of his character was appalling.

I think he's a scumbag so, we aren't going to agree.

Seems like a substantial hole in the system yes?

Has there ever been a case where a SC Justice was on trial for a crime?

The trial would be impeachment. To date only one Justice, Samuel Chase, was impeached.

"He was impeached by the House on grounds of letting his partisan leanings affect his court decisions but was acquitted by the Senate and remained in office."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Chase

It is only in the jurisdiction of Congress to remove a sitting SCOTUS via impeachment and conviction.

No judges panel can remove, discipline, or censure Kavanaugh. This was a Roberts charade.

that the last hope of the TDS crowd to stick it to Trump on this issue, just went down the toilet

Back
Top Bottom