• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal Panel Of Judges Dismisses All 83 Ethics Complaints Against Brett Kavanaugh

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Federal Panel Of Judges Dismisses All 83 Ethics Complaints Against Brett Kavanaugh

TELEMMGLPICT000176046797_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq9oiu9X2ykgx6jJD6z159wWERKHJxrCuJXBNc0Ym5VRM.jpeg

Brett Kavanaugh

12/18/18
A specially appointed federal panel of judges has dismissed all 83 ethics complaints brought against Justice Brett Kavanaugh regarding his conduct at his confirmation hearings. The judges concluded that while the complaints "are serious," there is no existing authority that allows lower court judges to investigate or discipline Supreme Court justices. The complaints against Kavanaugh ranged from allegations that he had misled the Senate about some of his activities in the George W. Bush White House to his angry, partisan statements in denying charges of sexual assault in high school. After the hearings concluded, Chief Justice John Roberts appointed a special judicial council panel of judges from the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals to look into the ethics complaints against Kavanaugh. But shortly thereafter, Kavanaugh was confirmed for a lifetime seat on the U.S. Supreme Court. And on Tuesday, Chief Judge Tim Tymkovich, of the 10th Circuit, acknowledged that while the complaints "are serious," the judicial council panel is obligated to dismiss them, because it has no authority over Kavanaugh.

A charade by Roberts. The only real mode of accountability for a SCOTUS Justice is Congressional impeachment and conviction.

Because he was confirmed in spite of facing all those ethics charges, the ethics charges automatically go away.

He is literally above the law.

Well for such a high lifetime appt., he shouldn't be on there in the first place. Garland should be on the court.

The fact that he isn't is testimony to the fact that the right wants the most radical right wing corporatists on the SCOTUS.

.....and now they have it.

Yeah. I mean, even though there isn't any actual proof that he did any of the crap he was accused of and even though information has come out that at least some of the accusations were completely made up the guy really should be impeached because, y'know, Hillary never would have picked him.

Were his friends PJ, Tobin , Squeeze and Needle Dick Nick on that panel?

Just like we thought it was: a big NOTHINGBURGER

Because he was confirmed in spite of facing all those ethics charges, the ethics charges automatically go away.

He is literally above the law.

The representatives of the people have spoken.

We The People decide.

Were his friends PJ, Tobin , Squeeze and Needle Dick Nick on that panel?

What would you have done? And, based on what evidence? I'm asking because I haven't seen any actual evidence myself, and with your posts in numerous threads implying your fervent belief that he should never had been put on the SCOTUS and should now be removed by impeachment from the SCOTUS, I would like to know what you're basing that belief upon.

We The People decide.

Are you nonsensical on purpose?

If so, well done!

If not, I hope you have good friends to look out for you.

Yeah. I mean, even though there isn't any actual proof that he did any of the crap he was accused of and even though information has come out that at least some of the accusations were completely made up the guy really should be impeached because, y'know, Hillary never would have picked him.

I personally believe Blasey's testimony against Kavanaugh. Her story is too vivid, too emotionally personal, and too similar to every other assault story I've heard for it to be a lie.

He's a shady character. Even if you're skeptical, if you're not asking "what if" then you're not fully participating in this democracy as an informed person.

Basically an attempted rapist has been elected to the highest court, a position that is supposed to be honorable. And now there can be no follow ups to even assert the proof you claim is missing, because he's above the law.

What is happening to our country.

What is happening to our country.

What is happening? We have a self-admitted sex molester in the White House. The GOP is no longer the party of personal responsibility. They are instead enablers.

Party politics trumps honor and patriotism. This administration doesn't care a whit about Russian disinformation flooding America via social media.

Four Cabinet members are being investigated for corruption while in office. A judge inquired whether a former Trump National Security Advisor could have been charged with treason.

The list goes on and on.

What would you have done? And, based on what evidence? I'm asking because I haven't seen any actual evidence myself, and with your posts in numerous threads implying your fervent belief that he should never had been put on the SCOTUS and should now be removed by impeachment from the SCOTUS, I would like to know what you're basing that belief upon.

I just asked a question that I thought was humorous because of the Matt Damon sketches on SNL.

I personally believe Blasey's testimony against Kavanaugh. Her story is too vivid, too emotionally personal, and too similar to every other assault story I've heard for it to be a lie.
Although like you I think she was taking from real trauma experience. After even breif review of Grassley's report: https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-11-02 Kavanaugh Report.pdf. I am not sure how anyone can still suspect reflected anything to do with Kavanaugh; especially, with another man having come forward and said he may have been the one involved although he insists he remembers the girl initiating the encounter.

It not like this shenanigans have happen before with Clarence Thomas or anything...

Even though she couldn't recall the time or place the incident supposedly took place? Not to mention the fact that she couldn't get anyone to confirm her story?

Basically an attempted rapist has been elected to the highest court,
Prove he's a rapist. Actual evidence. Show the proof.

Even though she couldn't recall the time or place the incident supposedly took place? Not to mention the fact that she couldn't get anyone to confirm her story?

Prove he's a rapist. Actual evidence. Show the proof.

Hey! You can't ask for proof regarding this kind of thing. Bottom line, if so and so feels like Kavanaugh is guilty then Kavanaugh is guilty. It's just like if so and so feels like their a different race or a different gender than they were last week they ARE a different race and/or gender. It's a brave new world, bro. We've got to accept that feelings are facts and facts are subject to interpretation based on feelings.

We The People decide.
You the people refuse to properly vet your public officials? Trump and kavanaugh and trumps cabinet all slipping through the cracks of reasonable oversight.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You the people refuse to properly vet your public officials? Trump and kavanaugh and trumps cabinet all slipping through the cracks of reasonable oversight.

The remedy for crappy representatives is to get better ones.

This is not rocket science.

The remedy for crappy representatives is to get better ones.

This is not rocket science.
Ok. Do a better job then. Dont let a dude with 80 complaints get rammed through approvals. Dont hypocritically forgive or deny all of the sexual deviance of a candidate and all of the awful business practices.

What all the idiotically and dishonestly oversimplistic announcements about all this miss is that you're not doing any better for society if you pretend testimony under oath isn't "proof", since that rule means no such case as this could ever be pursued. Same too for spousal abuse, if there aren't brand new marks. Etc.

(Nevermind that as has been pointed out elsewhere here, the modern conservative standards for anything shift with the moment's necessity. It's not like you've actually sat down worked out a careful argument in favor of a specific standard, then thought of examples on either sides, then made an argument for why that is the standard that should be used to confirm a justice for life. Of course not. It's much easier to say I want to bash liberals and I want another conservative justice, so I'm going to announce NO EVIDENCE!

Besides, it's not like it mattered, did it? Might made right.

Just don't pretend to be all principled...

Ok. Do a better job then. Dont let a dude with 80 complaints get rammed through approvals. Dont hypocritically forgive or deny all of the sexual deviance of a candidate and all of the awful business practices.

Those complaints were not submitted in a timely manner, they deserved to be completely ignored, we can not submit to such malevolence.

Although like you I think she was taking from real trauma experience. After even breif review of Grassley's report: https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-11-02 Kavanaugh Report.pdf. I am not sure how anyone can still suspect reflected anything to do with Kavanaugh; especially, with another man having come forward and said he may have been the one involved although he insists he remembers the girl initiating the encounter.

It not like this shenanigans have happen before with Clarence Thomas or anything...

So what if she initiated the encounter? Even if true, one consent doesn't mean unlimited consent. Just because someone says yes initially doesn't give you unlimited access to their person.

So what if she initiated the encounter? Even if true, one consent doesn't mean unlimited consent. Just because someone says yes initially doesn't give you unlimited access to their person.
I am not saying differently. I am highlighting the fact that since someone else came forward and testified under oath to being the likely person from her story[in the report]. I find it very difficult to believe anyone no matter how credible they find her can still think she wasn't mistaken by politics/pressure that this involved Kavanaugh.

True, but I think most or a significant number of the ethics complaints were about other things.

83 ethics violations, there is more there than just the accusations. Their conclusion, they don't have the authority. And now we have a corrupt Supreme Court til this guy kicks the bucket.

Thanks Trump supporters, bunch of ****ing retards.

Back
Top Bottom