• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Federal Official Resigns in Protest of Trump Tinkering With Civil Service

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

With his wealth of experience and Trump’s order guiding him, Sanders explained that his decision to resign was all but a foregone conclusion.

It is clear that its stated purpose notwithstanding, the Executive Order is nothing more than a smokescreen for what is clearly an attempt to require the political loyalty of those who advise the President, or failing that, to enable their removal with little if any due process,” he wrote. “I simply cannot be part of an Administration that seeks to do so…to replace apolitical expertise with political obeisance. Career Federal employees are legally and duty- bound to be nonpartisan; they take an oath to preserve and protect our Constitution and the rule of law…not to be loyal to a particular President or Administration.”
===========

Dr. Ronald Sanders resigned as head of the Federal Salary commission because Trump issued an Executive Order that would mean federal employees could be fired if they weren’t loyal to the president.

This is scary for a democracy to have the body of federal employees loyal to a president and not the constitution.

With his wealth of experience and Trump’s order guiding him, Sanders explained that his decision to resign was all but a foregone conclusion.

It is clear that its stated purpose notwithstanding, the Executive Order is nothing more than a smokescreen for what is clearly an attempt to require the political loyalty of those who advise the President, or failing that, to enable their removal with little if any due process,” he wrote. “I simply cannot be part of an Administration that seeks to do so…to replace apolitical expertise with political obeisance. Career Federal employees are legally and duty- bound to be nonpartisan; they take an oath to preserve and protect our Constitution and the rule of law…not to be loyal to a particular President or Administration.”
===========

Dr. Ronald Sanders resigned as head of the Federal Salary commission because Trump issued an Executive Order that would mean federal employees could be fired if they weren’t loyal to the president.

This is scary for a democracy to have the body of federal employees loyal to a president and not the constitution.
Good, one less swamp creature to deal with.

===========

Sure is sounding like we have become a dictatorship and nobody knew it.
I wouldn't put anything past Trump
Have a nice night

Trump is literally actively trying to convert USA into a dictatorship

Swamp creature appointed by Trump

The swamp creature is in the Oval Office. The civil service reforms were instituted to prevent Trump's demand for personal loyalty to der Fuhrer. How do you not get that?
I get that, but I also get that people in certain positions can't block or derail the President's agenda with impunity, What Trump's doing is ensuring that certain decision makers in the system are answerable to the President for following his direction. The President gets the blame for every failing of the government he should have some control over the people executing his direction.

I get that, but I also get that people in certain positions can't block or derail the President's agenda with impunity, What Trump's doing is ensuring that certain decision makers in the system are answerable to the President for following his direction. The President gets the blame for every failing of the government he should have some control over the people executing his direction.
The EO says that someone can be fired without due process. That means if a civil servant is instructed by Trump’s Administration to carry out an illegal order, they have no recourse but to do so, since they could be fired without a hearing.

This is not an example of that, it's an example of Trump's efforts to control the swamp, and kicking out the people who aren't worthy of remaining in the swamp because they still have integrity.

This is not an example of that, it's an example of Trump's efforts to control the swamp, and kicking out the people who aren't worthy of remaining in the swamp because they still have integrity.
I doubt that.

The biggest swamp dweller is Trump who institutes Trump over country loyalty. Trump supporters comments are a disgrace to this country. You only prove me right what I say about Trump supporters every day.

The biggest swamp dweller is Trump who institutes Trump over country loyalty. Trump supporters comments are a disgrace to this country. You only prove me right what I say about Trump supporters every day.
Cow manure.jpg

Yes, we know Trump supporters eat up his bullshit every day. Thank you for agreeing with me that Trump supporters eat his bullshit like the retarded people they are with your picture.

Are you seriously telling us that Trump didn't take part in nepotism by getting his kids security clearances they wouldn't have gotten and in fact they were originally denied?

Can you tell us that Trump has not engaged in questionable corruption by having foreign visitors staying at his hotels.

Can you tell us that you would have been ok with Hillary DOING WHAT TRUMP HAS DONE WITH HIS HOTELS AND KIDS? Answer honestly.

===========

Is that what Peter Strzok and Lisa Page were doing with all those emails? Hardly. We also have laws against murder, does that stop murder?

===========

Dr. Sanders doesn't understand that people are hired to do their jobs...not let their own politics and personal feelings interfere with doing their jobs.

Seriously, folks...it is downright stupid to expect that someone can get themselves hired so they can obstruct the work their employer wants to get done...and that the employer must continue to pay them and cannot fire them while the obstruction is going on.

The sooner people like Dr. Sanders resign the better.

Dr. Sanders doesn't understand that people are hired to do their jobs...not let their own politics and personal feelings interfere with doing their jobs.

Seriously, folks...it is downright stupid to expect that someone can get themselves hired so they can obstruct the work their employer wants to get done...and that the employer must continue to pay them and cannot fire them while the obstruction is going on.

May I recommend a little reading on the Pendleton Act..

I think Dr. Sanders understands better than you.

Had Barrack Obama signed this EO, you would be screaming from the highest hilltop that he wants to purge conservatives from the government who aren't personally beholden to him -- and that's exactly the purpose of this EO, purging anyone who has integrity to not bow down to Trump's corruption and malfeasants.

The swamp creature is in the Oval Office. The civil service reforms were instituted to prevent Trump's demand for personal loyalty to der Fuhrer. How do you not get that?
The problem is, they do get it. They LIKE the swamp, they LOVE it, they want more of it. You're trying to reason with an apparatchik. Loyalists don't work that way.

The problem is, they do get it. They LIKE the swamp, they LOVE it, they want more of it. You're trying to reason with an apparatchik. Loyalists don't work that way.
Oh please. Trump IS the swamp and his followers are too blind to realize it.

Yes, we know Trump supporters eat up his bullshit every day. Thank you for agreeing with me that Trump supporters eat his bullshit like the retarded people they are with your picture.

Are you seriously telling us that Trump didn't take part in nepotism by getting his kids security clearances they wouldn't have gotten and in fact they were originally denied?

Can you tell us that Trump has not engaged in questionable corruption by having foreign visitors staying at his hotels.

Can you tell us that you would have been ok with Hillary DOING WHAT TRUMP HAS DONE WITH HIS HOTELS AND KIDS? Answer honestly.
Ha! Fat chance.

Back
Top Bottom