• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal judge temporarily blocks new Wisconsin abortion law..................[W:44]

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
[h=1]Federal judge temporarily blocks new Wisconsin abortion law on hospital admitting privileges[/h]
MADISON, Wis. — A federal judge issued a temporary restraining order Monday evening to block enforcement of a new Wisconsin law that bans doctors who lack admitting privileges at nearby hospitals from performing abortions.

This is pending a full hearing on July 17th, in which the new Wisconsin law is expected to be ruled unconstitutional. In granting the injunction, the judge plainly stated that the State is not going to be able to show the constitutionality of the new law.

Looks like women in Wisconsin have just gotten their vaginas back. Expect the courts to also intervene here in Texas if the same kind of law is passed. Want to ride roughshod over women? Go ahead. You will just waste taxpayer dollars in the process, only to have it smacked down in the courts. Good luck with that.

Article is here.

[h=1]Federal judge temporarily blocks new Wisconsin abortion law on hospital admitting privileges[/h]

This is pending a full hearing on July 17th, in which the new Wisconsin law is expected to be ruled unconstitutional. In granting the injunction, the judge plainly stated that the State is not going to be able to show the constitutionality of the new law.

Looks like women in Wisconsin have just gotten their vaginas back. Expect the courts to also intervene here in Texas if the same kind of law is passed. Want to ride roughshod over women? Go ahead. You will just waste taxpayer dollars in the process, only to have it smacked down in the courts. Good luck with that.

Article is here.

i think they are making all these extreme abortion laws in order for one to make it to the supreme court and have the court strike down roe vrs wade

i think they are making all these extreme abortion laws in order for one to make it to the supreme court and have the court strike down roe vrs wade

Expect Roberts to be the justice who writes the majority decision upholding roe v wade.

I agree. Whether it actually will be struck down? I've got a feeling that Roe vs Wade will stand for a LONG time.

Is the basis of the injunction that the HHS of Wisconsin cannot regulate the medical field when the procedures fall under a category of political fodder?

Is the basis of the injunction that the HHS of Wisconsin cannot regulate the medical field when the procedures fall under a category of political fodder?

Judges tend to block blatant attempts to circumvent SCOTUS rulings.

If I make it illegal to purchase, construct, sell or transfer a gun in your state, or to run a gun store or to bring a gun into the state from outside, would you whine about the 2nd amendment? I'm not infringing on your rights to bear arms, after all!

This is what various Republican state legislatures are attempting to do with abortion. Not ban abortion, just make them near-impossible to actually get. Rather than try to deflect the subject, why don't you comment on the medical necessity of making this change to abortion laws?

(hint: it's bull****)

Last edited:

The OP mentions the basis of the injunction in the second paragraph. It is a good idea to read sources before commenting from ignorance.

Expect Roberts to be the justice who writes the majority decision upholding roe v wade.

It will be a few years before such a case reaches SCOTUS, so the makeup of the court could be such the Roe v Wade is overturned. It is why voting for presidents who will nominate judges favorable to individual rights is so important.

Article is here.

Yes,it is so radical to ask them to look at an ultrasound of the baby. How terrible it would be for them to have to face up to what will happen,some perhaps changing their minds.

Yes,it is so radical to ask them to look at an ultrasound of the baby. How terrible it would be for them to have to face up to what will happen,some perhaps changing their minds.

So, the government making medical decisions instead of you and your doctor? Hmm, seems like I've been hearing a lot of complaining about that lately.

Judges tend to block blatant attempts to circumvent SCOTUS rulings.

If I make it illegal to purchase, construct, sell or transfer a gun in your state, or to run a gun store or to bring a gun into the state from outside, would you whine about the 2nd amendment? I'm not infringing on your rights to bear arms, after all!

This is what various Republican state legislatures are attempting to do with abortion. Not ban abortion, just make them near-impossible to actually get. Rather than try to deflect the subject, why don't you comment on the medical necessity of making this change to abortion laws?

(hint: it's bull****)

How in the world is requiring an ultrasound making it nearly impossible to get an abortion? Spin alert!

How in the world is requiring an ultrasound making it nearly impossible to get an abortion? Spin alert!

Requiring an ultrasound is just an increasingly desperate attempt by monotheists to guilt trip others into sharing values that they obviously don't share.................

Requiring an ultrasound is just an increasingly desperate attempt by monotheists to guilt trip others into sharing values that they obviously don't share.................

Also not the case, more spin.

Um, dude, that's not all the bill does. Talk about spin, you just left out all the other crap! :lamo

Hahahahha. Whining about spin while conveniently leaving out the important parts of the bill. That's just rich. Thanks for that, I cracked up.

Um, dude, that's not all the bill does. Talk about spin, you just left out all the other crap! :lamo

Hahahahha. Whining about spin while conveniently leaving out the important parts of the bill. That's just rich. Thanks for that, I cracked up.

Then enlighten us, what else does it do that is so controversial?

Then enlighten us, what else does it do that is so controversial?

How about you read the article that this thread was supposed to be discussing and get back to us? That's how this works, man.

edit: after that, you can tell me what you think of the government making medical decisions for you instead of you and a doctor.

Aside from violating Roe v Wade, it's not even medically sound legislature. You can't selectively block a procedure based on criteria that has nothing to do with sound medical science.

This is what happens when legislatures try to control medicine. They are ignorant and should be struck down.

How about you read the article that this thread was supposed to be discussing and get back to us? That's how this works, man.

edit: after that, you can tell me what you think of the government making medical decisions for you instead of you and a doctor.

Abortion in 90% of cases is not a medical decision made by a doctor, nor is it for medical reasons. Nice try though. More spin.

I want to know who convinced men that being a control freak is anything but a horrible look for a man....................

Aside from violating Roe v Wade, it's not even medically sound legislature. You can't selectively block a procedure based on criteria that has nothing to do with sound medical science.

This is what happens when legislatures try to control medicine. They are ignorant and should be struck down.

I bet you support Obamacare don't you.....

that is not the part of the abortion bill the judge blocked. it was the part regarding privileged

Back
Top Bottom