• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal judge in Texas rules against Obamacare

Activist judges.....

hardly-once the penalty was removed, the judge correctly noted that the fiction that the AHCA is a "tax" (thus getting past John Roberts' attempt to be clever) is no longer true

hardly-once the penalty was removed, the judge correctly noted that the fiction that the AHCA is a "tax" (thus getting past John Roberts' attempt to be clever) is no longer true

You want to bet a $100 forum donation that this is eventually overturned?

You want to bet a $100 forum donation that this is eventually overturned?

nope because John Roberts is erratic and I have no guess on how he will act. I know Democrat appointees will always vote for their party. GOP judges aren't nearly as loyal

nope because John Roberts is erratic and I have no guess on how he will act. I know Democrat appointees will always vote for their party. GOP judges aren't nearly as loyal

Predictable.

Cannot wait to see former pres.Mommy Pants/More Flexible for Vlad stuttering and blubbering over this....

Even more fun will be watching the Fake News/Lying Left reaction!!

exploding head pic.jpg

I just got an email from my insurance company that says "Thanks for the money, sucker, now go die!"

I think that means I'm cancelled..

But "you can keep your insurance plan."

But "you can keep your insurance plan."

Obama underestimated how big of an asshole your insurance company is, unfortunately. The law explicitly allowed insurance companies to keep "grandfathered" plans active. They just... didn't. Instead of allowing insurance companies to grandfather plans, we should have forced them to grandfather plans if the customer wanted it.

What a hoot, now a Fed Judge has ruled against the left. The worm has tuned. How do you like it lefties?

What a hoot, now a Fed Judge has ruled against the left. The worm has tuned. How do you like it lefties?
Well i have a good reliable job in a field where i have very little chance of going without employer provided insurance for a long time. So ill be ok. Many members of my overwhelming majority republican conservative family currently get insurance through obamacare exchanges, probably half of them getting subsidies for the insurance. Im not sure they are going to love seeing so much glee in the fact that republicans ripped their health insurance out from under them.

I guess thats the difference. Liberals were thrilled that millions would get help and have an easier time getting health insurance and would be healthier since thwy could now afford to go to the doctor and get their problems taken care of. Republicans are thrilled that these people will be kicked off insurance and go back to when they just waited for an emergency and went to the emergency room and skipped on the 10k bill after.

If i were you id look deep and hard at why that thrills you so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It's not the first time a right wing activist judge has tried this and been smacked down.

Well i have a good reliable job in a field where i have very little chance of going without employer provided insurance for a long time. So ill be ok. Many members of my overwhelming majority republican conservative family currently get insurance through obamacare exchanges, probably half of them getting subsidies for the insurance. Im not sure they are going to love seeing so much glee in the fact that republicans ripped their health insurance out from under them.

I guess thats the difference. Liberals were thrilled that millions would get help and have an easier time getting health insurance and would be healthier since thwy could now afford to go to the doctor and get their problems taken care of. Republicans are thrilled that these people will be kicked off insurance and go back to when they just waited for an emergency and went to the emergency room and skipped on the 10k bill after.

If i were you id look deep and hard at why that thrills you so much.

I'm fortunate myself. My wife has excellent benefits. Amazing how wingnuts are happy about people losing healthcare including many conservatives. I guess as long as they have their 2A rights that's all that matters.

I'm fortunate myself. My wife has excellent benefits. Amazing how wingnuts are happy about people losing healthcare including many conservatives. I guess as long as they have their 2A rights that's all that matters.
I grew up in a family that could never afford health insurance. My dad worked his ass off. I remember feeling bad as a kid if i felt sick because it meant my parents savings would be spent on a drs bill rather than other necesities. My dad got insurance for the first time in his life because of obamacare. It helped him find out he had issues with his liver and got him fixed up before it was too late. Its a painful thought that many americans are juat absulutely thrilled that millions cant afford insurance anymore.

I just got an email from my insurance company that says "Thanks for the money, sucker, now go die!"

I think that means I'm cancelled..

And ?

So you say, I say he ruled on a suit.

The definition of "activist judge" is "judge who ruled differently than I wanted him to."

Back
Top Bottom