• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal ID Card

Ok, but required for what? Complete your hypothetical: "You must have a federal ID, or else _______."
If you read the thread it should become apparent what I was trying to find out.

If you read the thread it should become apparent what I was trying to find out.

The only thing you said is "for whatever purpose the government deems necessary," which is just begging the question. A person's feelings about the subject likely depend on what it's required for (or even if it's required at all).

I’m referring to a card for all citizens, regardless of employment status.
All citizens have a social security number, regardless of employment status unless your birth wasn't reported (as in you don't have a birth certificate or perhaps a few born prior to 1936, not included in the system then) if you were born in the US or you get one when you become a citizen if not originally a citizen here. (I would suggest not to fail to report a birth though, as someone I know did this, to keep a child "off the grid", and that child is now an adult who is having major issues with getting all that corrected so he can be considered a citizen.)

I’m referring to a card for all citizens, regardless of employment status.
You do not have to be employed in order to have a Social Security card/number.

Re-issuing all Social Security cards with a secure chip and a photograph would solve the whole issue right then and there. All that the legislation has to do is to make it an offence to require the production of a Social Security card except under a limited number of clearly defined conditions and also an offence to require the production of a Social Security number except under a (somewhat less) limited number of clearly defined conditions.

What the **** are you talking about?
Good God.
that you would have voluntarily given over your ID to the police conducting a sting operation of the prostitution ring
what better evidence could they ask for than the photo ID shared with their agent at the bar

but you do you

I upgraded my red Trump card to one of these:

Deccan%20Herald%202%20%28Anim%29_2.png

It is one of the best purchases I ever made. Here is the website if you are interested:

MAGA.
It's too bad MAGA has not yet issued a Titanium Card.

What are your thoughts regarding a Federal ID card?
If it would work as a passport, driver's license, and SS card and has some type of fingerprint or retinal encryption sign me up.

that you would have voluntarily given over your ID to the police conducting a sting operation of the prostitution ring
what better evidence could they ask for than the photo ID shared with their agent at the bar

but you do you

What ****in prostitution ring? WTF are you talking about?

Yeah, I do me and I do it way better than most. You could never dream of dating the women I did. Not in your wildest dreams.

What ****in prostitution ring? WTF are you talking about?

Yeah, I do me and I do it way better than most. You could never dream of dating the women I did. Not in your wildest dreams.
What kinda gas mileage you get?

What kinda gas mileage you get?

I don't know of it was your intent, but I was certainly amused.

A grizzled, retired--now deceased-- old NCO I was friends with, was fond of saying:
"Hold it. Hold it...there's three things in this life you can lie about. How big of fish you catch. How good of gas mileage your car gets. And how many beautiful women you have sex with.
But everything else, you're supposed to TELL THE DAMN TRUTH!!"

A grizzled, retired--now deceased-- old NCO I was friends with, was fond of saying:
"Hold it. Hold it...there's three things in this life you can lie about. How big of fish you catch. How good of gas mileage your car gets. And how many beautiful women you have sex with.
That’s the spirit, the other one was how big your dick was!

yea, i'd have to lie about two of those topics to appear impressive

That’s the spirit, the other one was how big your dick was!

Lot of communal showers in his day. He never said that one was permitted, maybe because it wasn't practical.

What are your thoughts regarding a Federal ID card?

I have a state drivers license that is also the enhanced travel ID good for air travel. I also have a passport that I guess could be considered "federal ID" since it came through teh State Department.

I see no issues with federal ID, although I would be willing to consider the realistic concerns regarding this, pros and cons if you will.
I see no issue really with what government agency/ies issues my identification. Whether its the state or federal government. Maybe someone could raise a point that I havent considered that would make me change my mind on that.

:ROFLMAO: (y)

What't the problem ?.... We already have a Federal Social Security Number. and/or one may opt for a Federal or State or County Prisoner Number, if they are released they will "still need a Federal Social Security Number, to function legally as a legally self responsible adult in American Society.

(Why do people think they are like some invisible being to the Federal Government?)
  • Without a Social Security Number:
    • can't get a legal job in America
    • can't open a bank account,
    • can't buy and register a vehicle
    • can't buy and own a home
    • can't get a driver license
    • can't get public utilities
    • can't get medical insurance
    • can't get life insurance
    • and the list just goes on and on and on.....
It's amazing how intellectually deficient some people are in their delusion of thinking they are some "special being with exemptions to the U.S. Federal Structures and System of Society". Geez!!!
Except for the fact that none of what you posted is true. :rolleyes:

Social Security is not mandatory, neither is having a Social Security number. I know several people who have never been issued a Social Security number, nor do they have one now. They are also only required to pay income taxes if they exceed the minimum income threshold ($12,950 for singles).

You are only required to provide your birth certificate in order to obtain an Alaskan driver's license. There is no place for a Social Security number, and it is not required. To open a bank account or buy and register a vehicle I just need to provide a valid State driver's license (plus proof of insurance - which also only required a valid driver's license). It didn't have to provide any ID for public utilities. I just made the billing arrangement via the phone.

That is sort of my point.

Many years ago, me and the missus went to West Point to pay respects to my grand-parents. WP used to be a wide open post, you could enter and roam pretty freely. That had changed since the last time I went. There was a guard at the gate, I don’t remember if it was civilian security of MPs. He asked for my operator’s permit, (not NY,) and scanned the magnetic strip on the back. That is when I realized that we all had Federal ID cards, (if you had a state operator’s permit.)
When we went to the Army football game in the fall the guard just waved us in, nothing checked. Just an FYI.

What a lot of people seem to forget is that the federal government is not like the States. The US Constitution specifies the powers of the federal government, and if not granted a power by the US Constitution the federal government does not have that power. That includes issuing federal identification.

It is one thing to issue an identification number for the purpose of identifying someone participating in a federal program, that is required for administrative purposes. It is entirely another thing to require federal identification just for the sake of identifying an individual, without any connection to a federal program. Only the States have that constitutional authority, since the US Constitution does not specifically prohibit the States from requiring identification. The US Constitution never granted the federal government that authority and any attempt to enact such a federal law would violate the Tenth Amendment of the US Constitution.

Except for the fact that none of what you posted is true. :rolleyes:

Social Security is not mandatory, neither is having a Social Security number. I know several people who have never been issued a Social Security number, nor do they have one now. They are also only required to pay income taxes if they exceed the minimum income threshold ($12,950 for singles).

You are only required to provide your birth certificate in order to obtain an Alaskan driver's license. There is no place for a Social Security number, and it is not required. To open a bank account or buy and register a vehicle I just need to provide a valid State driver's license (plus proof of insurance - which also only required a valid driver's license). It didn't have to provide any ID for public utilities. I just made the billing arrangement via the phone.
What do you suppose is on that bar code?

1673351700722.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom