• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal DHS Employee Instigating Race War!!!

ChrisL

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I was stunned when I read this. Someone had mentioned it to me in passing, so I looked it up, and lo and behold it's true!!! Shocking that this person is an employee of the federal government HOMELAND SECURITY department! :shock:

The Department of Homeland Security said Friday that an employee who runs a racist website predicting and advocating a race war has been put on paid administrative leave.
Ayo Kimathi, an acquisitions officer for Immigration and Customs Enforcement who is in charge of buying weapons and ammunition for the government, operates the website named "War on the Horizon." It includes descriptions of an "unavoidable, inevitable clash with the white race." Kimathi is black.
Kimathi, who calls himself the "Irritated Genie," told his supervisors that the website was set up to sell concert and lecture videos.
Kimathi has been with the department since 2009. His website criticizes whites, gays, those of mixed race, and blacks who integrate with whites. The Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors hate groups, earlier this week reported on Kimathi's role in running the site.
The report showed the site's content strayed far beyond concert promotion, warning about a coming race war. The website declares, “in order for Black people to survive the 21st century, we are going to have to kill a lot of whites – more than our Christian hearts can possibly count,” the Alabama-based SPLC said in its report.

Read more: DHS employee behind website promoting race war on paid leave | Fox News

Paid administrative leave sounds like quite the penalty. Perhaps, in a few months, just like the State Department employees, he'll be back on the job.

If that's sarcasm, then I agree. :mrgreen: He should be fired. This is outrageous IMO.

A fed beyond his probation period you cant just fire him. But I imagine he should be disciplined for lying to his supervisor about what his site was about. If a white supremacist would get fired, so should he for content. Also if he was running the site and making money while he was getting paid by the fed, he should be fired for that too.

If that's sarcasm, then I agree. :mrgreen: He should be fired. This is outrageous IMO.

I agree - I'm wondering if a person with the opposite racial views, say someone affiliated with white supremacy, had a similar website if he/she would be outright fired or placed on paid leave.

How much you want to bet he won't get nominated for Sec DHS? He could get rid of all those conservatives and dangerous veterans (the gay white ones and Uncle Toms of course).

A fed beyond his probation period you cant just fire him. But I imagine he should be disciplined for lying to his supervisor about what his site was about. If a white supremacist would get fired, so should he for content. Also if he was running the site and making money while he was getting paid by the fed, he should be fired for that too.

I'll take a stab, and just guess that he was accessing the site using his government issued computer during working hours too. He wouldn't be a civil servant if he wasn't.

I agree - I'm wondering if a person with the opposite racial views, say someone affiliated with white supremacy, had a similar website if he/she would be outright fired or placed on paid leave.

I'm not sure, but I would hope they would be fired, just as I hope this guy is fired.

I'll take a stab, and just guess that he was accessing the site using his government issued computer during working hours too. He wouldn't be a civil servant if he wasn't.

I'm sure he was. From the link:

Kimathi reportedly got the go-ahead from the government to create and maintain his website. That’s because as a law enforcement agency employee, he is required to get permission in writing if he engages in outside activities which includes everything from working a second job to volunteering. The SPLC says Kimathi obtained official permission but did it by misrepresenting the true nature of his site.

I was stunned when I read this. Someone had mentioned it to me in passing, so I looked it up, and lo and behold it's true!!! Shocking that this person is an employee of the federal government HOMELAND SECURITY department! :shock:

Read more: DHS employee behind website promoting race war on paid leave | Fox News

If it had been a white guy running a Neo-Nazi or White Supremacist website, the man in question almost certainly would've been crucified for it. The fact that this guy's essentially getting off with a free pass is simply absurd.

I'm honestly curious as to how on Earth he was able to get away with it for so long in the first place. You'd think that someone would have taken note of his activities between 2009 and today.

Someone, somewhere, was almost certainly "looking the other way" before the SPLC made the issue too public to ignore, and they deserve to be canned for it every bit as much as the actual perpetrator.

If it had been a white guy running a Neo-Nazi or White Supremacist website, the man in question almost certainly would've been crucified for it. The fact that this guy's essentially getting off with a free pass is simply absurd.

I'm honestly curious as to how on Earth he was able to get away with it for so long in the first place. You'd think that someone would have taken note of his activities between 2009 and today.

Someone, somewhere, was almost certainly "looking the other way" before the SPLC made the issue too public to ignore, and they deserve to be canned for it every bit as much as the actual perpetrator.

I agree. I'm sure they check up on their employees occasionally, and that would include their work-related computers too.

Are you kidding? A Marine ended up with an OTH because of crap like this. Marines discharge sergeant for anti-Obama Facebook posts - CBS News

He has not gotten a free pass, I bet he gets fired. Most people dont search racist sites and even if they ran across it, how would they know it was his. I can see why they did not catch him.

He has not gotten a free pass, I bet he gets fired. Most people dont search racist sites and even if they ran across it, how would they know it was his. I can see why they did not catch him.

He was required to disclose any sites he was operating and glossed over the essentials when he did.

Yea, I was talking about his supervisors finding it. They probably never gave it another thought after he told them it was a travel site.
He was required to disclose any sites he was operating and glossed over the essentials when he did.

I agree. I'm sure they check up on their employees occasionally, and that would include their work-related computers too.

I also have to wonder what kind of security clearance his job required, if any.

I'm not sure about the Secret variety, but Top Secret basically requires that the person in question stay away from extremist political organizations which might advocate violence or sedition against the United States' government or its citizens. This is supposed to be completely non-negotiable.

It's really pretty baffling that the DHS can justify allowing this guy to keep his job at all, when you think about it.

Somebody's playing fast and loose with the rules, that much is absolutely certain.

Are you kidding? A Marine ended up with an OTH because of crap like this. Marines discharge sergeant for anti-Obama Facebook posts - CBS News

Exactly. I don't know if things are wildly different in the DHS than they are in the uniformed services, but virtually every aspect of this case brought forward so far stinks to high heaven of corruption and incompetence.

I also have to wonder about what kind of security clearance his job required, if any.

I'm not sure about the Secret variety, but Top Secret basically requires that the person in question stay away from extremist political organizations which might advocate violence or sedition against the United States' government or its citizens. This is supposed to be completely non-negotiable.

It's really pretty baffling that the DHS can justify allowing this guy to keep his job at all, when you think about it.

Some body's playing fast and loose with the rules, that much is absolutely certain.

I couldn't agree more, and this is NOT being reported on television news that I'm aware of. A friend of mine mentioned it to me today because she heard some DJs on a radio station talking about it and how they were peeved, so I looked it up online and there it was. Strange how it's not a top story because it's pretty messed up situation.

Yea, I was talking about his supervisors finding it. They probably never gave it another thought after he told them it was a travel site.

Don't you think they should be checked out occasionally? This is the Homeland Security department after all.

They can check his history on his computer. It's really quite simple to find out what people are looking at on the computer.

Yes of course they should. A lot of things should happen.
Don't you think they should be checked out occasionally? This is the Homeland Security department after all.

Republicans are trying deperately to make something out of nothing. They are going to cover their ass so that he doesn't sue them for operating outside of process and we end up funding his site through his lawsuit. He violated the rules and deserves to be fired, but they do have to go through the proper process. I would imagine they would do the same for any white person caught making simi9lar statements, and it seems they have in the past. He obviously didn't walk into the office singing kill the white people, and he clearly tried to obscure his site's motives. What are the republicans bothered about? Was it that they didn't string him up and lynch him the moment they found out? Oh the horror of not being able to lynch blacks anymore for being mouthy. You guys are so discriminated against. if there is a different procedure followed for white supremists caught in the same situation please do give us examples to prove your case. If all it is is the opinions of the wannabe victims around here who complain about imaginary persecution I really am not taking that too seriously. Otherwise this is just a case of someone slipped through the cracks and was caught. Certainly not the first time this has happened, certainly not only a black issue, and it is probably pretty certain it is presently happening and will happen again.

They can check his history on his computer. It's really quite simple to find out what people are looking at on the computer.

That takes something called manpower. manpower costs money. That requires hiring more people. This requires more taxes. More taxes requires congress to pass a budget. Do you see where I am going with all of this?

That takes something called manpower. manpower costs money. That requires hiring more people. This requires more taxes. More taxes requires congress to pass a budget. Do you see where I am going with all of this?

That's bull. They already have people to do these things.

Back
Top Bottom