• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal Deputy caught maiming a suspect with his shield.

It is not that at all. How about the rioters stop breaking the law, and then the police won't be out enforcing the law so forcefully. You people continue to deny the fact that these are not peaceful protests. So yeah, the law say NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT, and then it the job of the police to enforce it.

Show me where anyone is allowed to just do what they want to irrespective of the law?
The thing is that the American way is that all Americans of inherent rights regardless of who they are. Law enforcement's use of force to disperse Americans from a public place is indeed a authoritarian act. If they see rioters breaking laws they should arrest those that they saw do it. Law enforcement attacking everyone in a area that they dictate that no one should be there is by far an authoritarian policy.

Perhaps that is the type of America that you wish to live in but its the type of crap that the framers of the Constitution abhorred. In your world the American Revolution would have been put down and heads would have been knocked, everyone arrested.

And before you waste your time talking about the rioter and assuming I support them; I do not. Also to clear things up I am not a liberal/democrat or even on the left. I agree that rioters should be arrested. Rioting is a crime. Anarcho hipsters are a bunch of idiots much like Trump supporters. But none the less even idiots have rights. Declaring an area in the US must be vacated or the government is going to sweep in and beat the **** out of you is what you expect in Cuba or China not the US. I will never accept BS like that here. If that what you want go live in a country that is already like that. Until then I assert my right to call authoritarian policies, authoritarian acts that insult and endanger our liberties and freedoms.

The thing is that the American way is that all Americans of inherent rights regardless of who they are. Law enforcement's use of force to disperse Americans from a public place is indeed a authoritarian act. If they see rioters breaking laws they should arrest those that they saw do it. Law enforcement attacking everyone in a area that they dictate that no one should be there is by far an authoritarian policy.

You are operating under some very false assumptions or wrong information.

PUBLIC SPACE while appropriate for 1st Amendment speech is NOT unlimited, especially when it isn't peaceful, causes harm to others, or tends to incite violent reactions. Blocking roads, taking over parks and public buildings cannot be without limits, and under the laws of most states the police and local authorites can demand that unlawrul assemblies disperse, and if people fail to disperse (which they have a duty to) they can be made to disperse starting with warnings, then tear gas, eventually by forceful removal or arrest. And when someone resist that lawful action, the police may escalate force short of using lethal force.

Perhaps that is the type of America that you wish to live in but its the type of crap that the framers of the Constitution abhorred. In your world the American Revolution would have been put down and heads would have been knocked, everyone arrested.

Heads were knocked, maybe you didn't read the history book; the British used whatever available force to stop the Revolution. So, are you suggesting these Antifa people are justified in calling for revolution? And if that is what they think they are doing, then why are you surprised about a violent response?

And before you waste your time talking about the rioter and assuming I support them; I do not. Also to clear things up I am not a liberal/democrat or even on the left. I agree that rioters should be arrested. Rioting is a crime. Anarcho hipsters are a bunch of idiots much like Trump supporters. But none the less even idiots have rights. Declaring an area in the US must be vacated or the government is going to sweep in and beat the **** out of you is what you expect in Cuba or China not the US. I will never accept BS like that here. If that what you want go live in a country that is already like that. Until then I assert my right to call authoritarian policies, authoritarian acts that insult and endanger our liberties and freedoms.

Do yourself a favor in educate yourself on the powers the police have quell riots or unlawful assemblies.

"a person is guilty of unlawful assembly when he "assembles with four or more other persons for the purpose of engaging or preparing to engage with them in tumultuous and violent conduct likely to cause public alarm, or when, being present at an assembly which either has or develops such purpose, he remains there with intent to advance that purpose"

The protest was declared an unlawful assembly, notice was given to disperse which means EVERYONE has a duty to disperse and not remain in the area, and when they refuse force will be used to disperse them, or arrest them.

So what is so hard about that to figure out?
The punishment for violating curfew is NOT extrajudicial battery with a riot shield. What in the 7th circle of hell is so hard for YOU to understand about THAT?

Back
Top Bottom