• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Federal Court Destroys Sidney Powell's "Arguments"

Visbek

Stuck In The Circle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

This is the lawsuit that one-time Trump legal team member Sidney Powell has been promising would be “biblical.” Perhaps, plaintiffs should have consulted with Proverbs 14:5, which teaches that “a faithful witness does not lie, but a false witness breathes out lies.” Few lawsuits breathe more lies than this one. The allegations are little more than fevered rantings of conspiracy theorists built on the work of other conspiracy theorists. Plaintiffs rely on affidavits of so-called “experts”—really confidence men who spread lie after lie under cover of academic credential—which misstate obviously false statistics....

It is difficult to know whether Plaintiffs and their counsel actually believe any of the ridiculous claims they allege or whether this entire lawsuit is designed solely as a fundraising exercise, a talking point, something they can use to bolster their imaginary claims of widespread voter fraud. But, the fact that the Complaint is frivolous, does not mean that this lawsuit is not dangerous to our democracy. Plaintiffs seek nothing less than a court-ordered coup d’état....

The preservation of our democracy requires zealous protection against threats external and internal. Plaintiffs would inflict generational damage in their naked pursuit of power. Their request must be denied.

Yep, it's a 126-page ruling that tears apart every single false claim presented by Powell. That's gotta sting.

At this point, I'm wondering if Powell will face disciplinary action for this nonsense.

This is the lawsuit that one-time Trump legal team member Sidney Powell has been promising would be “biblical.” Perhaps, plaintiffs should have consulted with Proverbs 14:5, which teaches that “a faithful witness does not lie, but a false witness breathes out lies.” Few lawsuits breathe more lies than this one. The allegations are little more than fevered rantings of conspiracy theorists built on the work of other conspiracy theorists. Plaintiffs rely on affidavits of so-called “experts”—really confidence men who spread lie after lie under cover of academic credential—which misstate obviously false statistics....

It is difficult to know whether Plaintiffs and their counsel actually believe any of the ridiculous claims they allege or whether this entire lawsuit is designed solely as a fundraising exercise, a talking point, something they can use to bolster their imaginary claims of widespread voter fraud. But, the fact that the Complaint is frivolous, does not mean that this lawsuit is not dangerous to our democracy. Plaintiffs seek nothing less than a court-ordered coup d’état....

The preservation of our democracy requires zealous protection against threats external and internal. Plaintiffs would inflict generational damage in their naked pursuit of power. Their request must be denied.

Yep, it's a 126-page ruling that tears apart every single false claim presented by Powell. That's gotta sting.

At this point, I'm wondering if Powell will face disciplinary action for this nonsense.

WOW !! Have you read the decisions? It's as if the Plaintiffs got nothing right. Zero. Nil. Zilch. Nada. It's a wonder these knuckleheads even have a right to be called attorneys. Are they all graduates of Trump University? The money paying for all of this nonsense must be staggering, because the alleged Plaintiffs seem to have neither the conscience to be ashamed, nor the brains to be embarrassed.

I appreciate it has been pointed out repeatedly, but the fact is we still have to live, and presumably coexist with these folks who are totally detached from reality.

And this last, would seem to be the coda:

*emphasis mine

II. MOOTNESS
Moreover, even if the requested relief could issue against the Secretary of State, the Court notes that the complaint and emergency motion were not filed until approximately 4:00 p.m. on November 4, 2020—despite being announced to various media outlets much earlier in the day. By the time this action was filed, the votes had largely been counted, and the counting is now complete. Accordingly, and even assuming the requested relief were available against the Secretary of State—and overlooking the ems with the factual and evidentiary record noted above—the matter is now moot, as it is impossible to issue the requested relief. See Gleason v Kincaid, 323 Mich App 308, 314; 917 NW2d 685 (2018)

I'm going to take a good long look at my license if she isn't. I'd probably get hauled out on summary contempt for arguing about anything based on that crap.

I appreciate it has been pointed out repeatedly, but the fact is we still have to live, and presumably coexist with these folks who are totally detached from reality.

Sh!t, I was feeling pretty good, sitting here with a rum and coke, watching basketball. Then you tell me this coexisting crap, now I'm depressed.:(

So....it appears the Kraken has crashed and burned. Sad.

Since it was dismissed on procedural and not evidentiary grounds, do not expect those still desperate enough to push this nonsense to consider this anything other than a small road bump on the path to "victory."

The kraken is dead, long live the kraken. If I were Sidney Powell I would never show my face in a courtroom again.

Which court made this ruling?

Is the script in red a direct quote from the ruling?

There’s nothing about this online, except from a British source.

We know you prefer sources of the Kremlin kind.
This ruling seems either fake, or written by an insane judge.

Col. Waldron has now testified in four hearings, and backed up a good deal of what she’s claimed.

Judges may dismiss her suit sue to insufficient evidence, but I doubt they would imply, at this point, that she was nuts. But I’ll wait and see.

The link in the OP is incorrect.

Here is the link to the dismissal:

The appeal was decided on procedural grounds, stating that the appeals court does not have jurisdiction to hear the appeal since no final judgement has been handed down from the District Court.
This makes more sense to me.

The Arizona legislature is calling for an immediate "forensic audit" of the voting machines, so this should clear up whether there is something to all this, or whether we need to move on.

What's frustrating is that Dominion will not show up to testify at any of these hearings. They claim they have nothing to do with Smartmatic, Col. Waldron testifies in multiple sessions that Dominion and Smartmatic share an address in Barbardos.

It would be extremely helpful if Dominion would show up at the hearings, so we can judge which side is telling the truth. At this point, I'm ready to believe either side, as long as they actually show up.

The evidence is overwhelming but the crooked swamp of Trump haters, democrats and crooks will not admit it nor investigate because they would loose the election they stole.

The Arizona legislature is calling for an immediate "forensic audit" of the voting machines, so this should clear up whether there is something to all this, or whether we need to move on.

4 Republican members of the Arizona legislature sent out a press release. The Arizona legislature is not in session.

What's frustrating is that Dominion will not show up to testify at any of these hearings. They claim they have nothing to do with Smartmatic, Col. Waldron testifies in multiple sessions that Dominion and Smartmatic share an address in Barbardos.

There haven't been any "hearings". Dominion hasn't been invited to speak.

No testimony has occurred.
It would be extremely helpful if Dominion would show up at the hearings, so we can judge which side is telling the truth. At this point, I'm ready to believe either side.

If an actual hearing had occurred, they could have subpoenaed Dominion to appear.

But because what happened was a press conference and not a hearing, Dominion representatives weren't invited.

Why would Rudy give Dominion a platform to publically shoot down his delusional theories?

This makes more sense to me.

It would be extremely helpful if Dominion would show up at the hearings, so we can judge which side is telling the truth. At this point, I'm ready to believe either side, as long as they actually show up.

Your source requires an email address to see the full article. Hence, it is not available to those who choose not to share email addresses.
It is not the full State Legislature but 4 Republican members that have asked for an audit. That is way short of the full State Legislature calling for the audit. I have said it before, you should fact check instead of just posting links.

My take. Go ahead. If the findings find nothing wrong I would expect the Republican Party to pay for the audit and not the Arizona Tax Payers.

A local Arizona source ktar reports , "Four Republican leaders in the Arizona Legislature are calling for an audit of Maricopa County’s election equipment and software."
"The five-member board, which has four Republicans, unanimously certified the county’s results Nov. 20 after hearing extensive reports from elections officials who said the vote count was correct and noted that all tests and hand-count reviews showed the electronic ballot count was 100% accurate."

" Despite having voted to certify the results, Supervisor Steve Chucri told KTAR News 92.3 FM’s The Mike Broomhead Show on Thursday that he’s open to having the county’s tabulation machines audited by a third party.
Arizona GOP lawmakers seek audit of Maricopa County voting equipment (ktar.com)

Back
Top Bottom