• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal Charges Against Antifa Arrestees in Portland

I consider them to be enemies of free speech and a tolerant society.

No not enemies of free speech, just nazis. Totally tolerant of everyone else, EXCEPT nazis. Totally focused squashing a rejected loser hateful racist genocidal ideology and its adherents who think they can spew their diseased garbage without consequence. Call it a pogrom of pogrom lovers.

[h=3]Andy Ngo sues Rose City Antifa ... - Pamplin Media Group[/h]pamplinmedia.com › 9-news › 469210-379781-andy-ngo-sues-rose-c...
kWVF1ItGnQ8dRNPzHAbBrgEhgIgIaMM0edjaM2oADYEl8xKOtwsoAbZCS55o02lQAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Jun 4, 2020 - PMG PHOTO: ZANE SPARLING - Andy Ngo was doused in milkshakes an attacked, allegedly by local anti-fascists, during a protest near the ...

No not enemies of free speech, just nazis. Totally tolerant of everyone else, EXCEPT nazis. Totally focused squashing a rejected loser hateful racist genocidal ideology and its adherents who think they can spew their diseased garbage without consequence. Call it a pogrom of pogrom lovers.

Then they are enemies of free speech.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Antifa is a sort of "brand name" for cosplay and street theater by anarchists.
Anti-fascism is your Dad or Granddad going to Europe to fight and kill Nazis.
Anti-fascism today consists of anyone in a democratic republic who is committed to the original values that exterminated WW2 fascism at its peak.

The fact is, that rarely jives with the "brand name" and that's because those who cling to the brand name have vastly different values than the original people, the most obvious being that almost NO ONE in your Dad or Granddad's time believed in ANARCHY.
Nothing's changed. Most people TODAY do not accept anarchy either, and they never will.

Anti-fascism is evergreen and is a valid value system in any democracy.
If the "Antifa" people really wish to "WIN" their battle, they must be willing to put their love of anarchy aside for the time being and accept the fact that anarchy is and always will be a minority position, as in "handfuls" of people versus hundreds of millions who do not believe in anarchy.

Rejecting and attacking people because they don't embrace anarchy is the reason why the "Antifa brand name" has not achieved universal support.
In fact, attacking non-anarchists is the reason WHY Antifa is beginning to be viewed as a distraction and little else.

Then they are enemies of free speech.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”

So the deliverer of the negative consequences of free speech is an enemy of free speech?

Too bad nazi swine must suffer the consequences of exercising their freedom of speech. The founders knew that the freedom would be somewhat self regulating.

So the deliverer of the negative consequences of free speech is an enemy of free speech?

Too bad nazi swine must suffer the consequences of exercising their freedom of speech. The founders knew that the freedom would be somewhat self regulating.

The remedy for bad speech is more speech, not censorship.

“The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error.”

The remedy for bad speech is more speech, not censorship.

“The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error.”

Sorry but I'm one of those that believes that sometimes in the extremes of bad speech an actual punch in the nose is warranted. I know its terrible human of me, I certainly don't claim to be a tough guy, but just isn't any room on the planet for nazi lowlife scum.

Sorry but I'm one of those that believes that sometimes in the extremes of bad speech an actual punch in the nose is warranted. I know its terrible human of me, I certainly don't claim to be a tough guy, but just isn't any room on the planet for nazi lowlife scum.

I will always defend free speech. That's why we fight nazis.

I'm one of those who doesn't advocate for physical violence in response to words.

I will always defend free speech. That's why we fight nazis.

Yes that is why antifa kicks the crap outta them when the opportunity arises.

Under 18 U.S. Code § 2331(5) ANTI-First Amendment is a "domestic terrorist" organization.

(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and​
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States;​

Under Public Law 107-40 the US is still at war with terrorism. ANTIFA needs to be prosecuted to the fullest, as well as the Democratic Party for being complicit with ANTIFA's numerous terrorist acts.

If they stoop to those tactics then they're no better than the nazis.

Only if they are ignorant of Nietzsche warning. antifa with beating the crap out nazis is hardly on the same level as the nightmare of nazi's in power.

Racists have made me into a bigot, but I'm not a racist. Am I no better than the racist? In my book way way better.

Only if they are ignorant of Nietzsche warning. antifa with beating the crap out nazis is hardly on the same level as the nightmare of nazi's in power.

Racists have made me into a bigot, but I'm not a racist. Am I no better than the racist? In my book way way better.

If you do what they do then you are no better than they are.

Fascism is a specific brand of authoritarianism, I don't think they quite meet that definition. I did say they were an authoritative group, however.

Which specific brand of authoritarianism is fascism?

Fascism is a lot more specific as contradictory the ideology can be. It doesnt mean anyone who engages in street brawling.

What is your definition of fascism?

Which specific brand of authoritarianism is fascism?

Palengenic ultranationalism and the cult of tradition. Fascists are right wing. I agree with Umberto Eco.

Back
Top Bottom