• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal Charges Against Antifa Arrestees in Portland

Fascism is a specific brand of authoritarianism, I don't think they quite meet that definition. I did say they were an authoritative group, however.

I believe you meant "authoritarian."

So is its existence. The fact it is a bunch of cells of angry people in different cities does not mean it does not exist and more to the point it has sufficient unity to promote the same name, ideology and violence. Saying things like it never really took off is like saying someone is a little bit real. Yah you know, like being a little bit pregnant. Give me a break.

Jack I believe some people are sympathetic to its views on this forum so play semantics pretending it "never really took off" to down play it.

The fact it is a violent movement that is mob run through cell phones and united in its beliefs of using violence to attack anyone it disagrees with. To try engage you in some wishy washy b.s. argument its not really real is pointless.

It is what it is. A bunch of idiots. On that note I never really took off. I sort of kind of wrote what I did.

I dunno, im pretty honest with what i say about antifa lol.

They're fascists. Why don't you acknowledge this?

Fascism is a lot more specific as contradictory the ideology can be. It doesnt mean anyone who engages in street brawling.

Having trouble addressing the substance of the question?

I followed a good chunk of this thread and found that the substance of your topic is "We'll see."

Now you're just deflecting.

No, I'm not. Show me definitive...heck, even not so definitive...evidence that "Antifa" is actively looting, rioting, etc. in 2020.

I followed a good chunk of this thread and found that the substance of your topic is "We'll see."

No, I'm not. Show me definitive...heck, even not so definitive...evidence that "Antifa" is actively looting, rioting, etc. in 2020.

The U.S. Attorney seems to think he's got a case.

Last edited:
[h=3]Rose City Antifa - Home | Facebook[/h]www.facebook.com › sometimesantisocialalwaysantifascist
3fO2Ey6F6AAxqejAbhA75KLlBlQ0HOUml4YNQCcnck1AKQXAK4zl0mkAALuAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Welcome to the Rose City Antifa facebook page! Since we are an antifascist organization there are a few security concerns we'd like to address up front and ...

Seven Antifa Terrorists Arrested On Federal Charges After Weekend Of Carnage In Portland | Leftists Turn Against Noam Chomsky
[FONT=&]The latest crop of terrorists arrested in Portland are about to learn that the feds are not going to placate...

[/FONT]
[FONT="]Seven antifa rioters were charged with a variety of federal crimes after the multiple attacks on Hatfield Federal Courthouse over the weekend. Unlike Multnomah county district attorneys, who have a penchant for dropping charges on violent protesters, these “suspects” will be facing federal prosecutors. . . . [/FONT]

small point but of course the entire one, there is no mention in the story that they are "members of antifa", other than in the title of the article. In looking up additional sources for this story, NOT ONE mentions antifa, not even the DA.

So by all means keep trying to make antifascists the big bad evil threat to America, instead of a big bad evil threat to NAZIS and Supremacists.

How do you know that these guys weren't KKK members or neo nazis or just truly pissed off protesters that went too far?

Except he didn't say a word about antifa. In his announcements and in the various mainstream publications covering this story, he doesn't say a word about antifa. He's got a case against individuals but nada on any affiliations.

So claiming these guys were Antifa is wishful thinking on the part of trumpland and the various fascist fringes camping out there.

And what is that case, exactly? "We'll see" isn't an answer.

Specific charges are spelled out in the OP. The U.S. Attorney is quoted in #24:

U.S. Attorney Billy J. Williams announced Friday that a Portland man has been arrested for his role in an overnight attack on the Hatfield Federal Courthouse.
“The lawless and violent acts of extremists across the political spectrum cannot continue. Violence directed at federal, state, and local law enforcement and property destruction is inconsistent with the aims of social justice,” said U.S. Attorney Williams. “These are criminal acts and individuals who engage in them will be held accountable.”

small point but of course the entire one, there is no mention in the story that they are "members of antifa", other than in the title of the article. In looking up additional sources for this story, NOT ONE mentions antifa, not even the DA.

So by all means keep trying to make antifascists the big bad evil threat to America, instead of a big bad evil threat to NAZIS and Supremacists.

How do you know that these guys weren't KKK members or neo nazis or just truly pissed off protesters that went too far?

Except he didn't say a word about antifa. In his announcements and in the various mainstream publications covering this story, he doesn't say a word about antifa. He's got a case against individuals but nada on any affiliations.

So claiming these guys were Antifa is wishful thinking on the part of trumpland and the various fascist fringes camping out there.

I like the odds. From the link in #24:

U.S. Attorney Billy J. Williams announced Friday that a Portland man has been arrested for his role in an overnight attack on the Hatfield Federal Courthouse.
“The lawless and violent acts of extremists across the political spectrum cannot continue. Violence directed at federal, state, and local law enforcement and property destruction is inconsistent with the aims of social justice,” said U.S. Attorney Williams. “These are criminal acts and individuals who engage in them will be held accountable.”

I like the odds. From the link in #24:

you like the odds? Does that make it okay to make definitive declarations based on chance?

Violent protesters deserve to be prosecuted, but some of these guys could just as easily be a KKK member or a friggin neo nazi or a paid operative for that matter.

I

Specific charges are spelled out in the OP. The U.S. Attorney is quoted in #24:

What does that have to do with Antifa? "We'll see" isn't an answer.

you like the odds? Does that make it okay to make definitive declarations based on chance?

Violent protesters deserve to be prosecuted, but some of these guys could just as easily be a KKK member or a friggin neo nazi or a paid operative for that matter.

I

What does that have to do with Antifa? "We'll see" isn't an answer.

Keep your heads under the covers. Maybe the monsters will go away.

Can you tell us where the attorney calls the arrested individuals "Antifa"?

Keep your heads under the covers. Maybe the monsters will go away.

Oooh, seems you are the one freaking out about evil anti fascist everywhere.
Me, I don't consider people who hate fascists/nazi and want to pound those monsters to a bloody pulp, to be monsters themselves.
I consider them disinfectant, but not the kind that you inject to kill Corona.

Oooh, seems you are the one freaking out about evil anti fascist everywhere.
Me, I don't consider people who hate fascists/nazi and want to pound those monsters to a bloody pulp, to be monsters themselves.
I consider them disinfectant, but not the kind that you inject to kill Corona.

I consider them to be enemies of free speech and a tolerant society.

Sure, keep denying it....

Here's more interviews of the terrorist organization that supposedly didn't pan out...

Back
Top Bottom