• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Federal anti gay marriage amendment moves forward.

shuamort said:
You have to attach the Catholic caveat that the sexual intercourse is being done in order to create a child. A straight, married couple having sex and using a condom, birth control, or any other ways to prevent procreation is also a sin.

That is correct.........

The government has no right to legislate and intrude on the lives of gay people. I personally find the gay lifestyle disgusting, but it is none of my business if a gay couple decide to get married or live together. To legislate against gay people would be a violation of their personal rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Government has no right to intrude but has the obligation to assure that gays are not discriminated against and to protect their personal and property rights.

TimmyBoy said:
The government has no right to legislate and intrude on the lives of gay people. I personally find the gay lifestyle disgusting, but it is none of my business if a gay couple decide to get married or live together. To legislate against gay people would be a violation of their personal rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Government has no right to intrude but has the obligation to assure that gays are not discriminated against and to protect their personal and property rights.

The government does not intrude in their lives but just like in the case of polygamy the government beleives that a marraige should be defined as between a man and a woman.......No special laws for polygamists or gays or any other class of people...........

Navy Pride said:
Well like I said not the Catholic churches I attend........They mostly have young girls as altar servers and when I was back in my hometown at Sacred Heart in Altoona Pa this summer they had a young girl and a young boy...............

well that's the one's you attend, but I won't hold it against you the fact that you've always got to be right, even when most of us know you aren't. :2wave:

debate_junkie said:
well that's the one's you attend, but I won't hold it against you the fact that you've always got to be right, even when most of us know you aren't. :2wave:

Just right 99% of the time and there are plenty of young girls acting as altar servers.............

Back
Top Bottom