• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal agents see chargeable tax, gun-purchase case against Hunter Biden

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Federal agents investigating President Biden’s son Hunter have gathered what they believe is sufficient evidence to charge him with tax crimes and a false statement related to a gun purchase, according to people familiar with the case. The next step is for the U.S. Attorney in Delaware, a Trump administration holdover, to decide on whether to file such charges, these people said.
========
If Hunter Biden violated the law, he should be prosecuted.

I would imagine that if the former guy’s kid was being investigated, he’d do everything possible to shield them. That’s the difference between Biden and the former guy.

If there is evidence he committed a crime, charge him.

FYI, you need a viable link to a news story if you are going to post in this forum.

Good. Charge the SS agents that tried to cover for him while you're at it.

If there is evidence he committed a crime, charge him.

FYI, you need a viable link to a news story if you are going to post in this forum.
I hit “post” while I was composing the post. I edited it and it’s kosher now.

Federal agents investigating President Biden’s son Hunter have gathered what they believe is sufficient evidence to charge him with tax crimes and a false statement related to a gun purchase, according to people familiar with the case. The next step is for the U.S. Attorney in Delaware, a Trump administration holdover, to decide on whether to file such charges, these people said.
========

I would imagine that if the former guy’s kid was being investigated, he’d do everything possible to shield them. That’s the difference between Biden and the former guy.
Bingo . . . its that simple for honest people🤷‍♂️

========

I predict this is going to be a short thread. What else is there to say? We don't have any rabid Hunter apologists in DP.

========

WAIT!

I thought the leaks from the DOJ/FBI are mere symptom of the fact that that they are controlled by the Democrats. Are you telling me that conservative agents are ALSO willing to leak info that helps the GOP talking points? Mark this thread any conservative moron here starts talking about the Democrat's vast conspiracy to harm Trump!

Unless, of course, it’s too close to a federal election. ;)
im good with it whenever

i would understand if i was in charge of said investigation/prosecution i would give EXTRA scrutiny to determine the legitimacy and make sure my ducks are in a row so it sticks . . .especially if the info was made available right around said social, and political time frames

but that extra scrutiny would only be based on achieving a higher probably of conviction

========

Agreed. I'm all for accountability in this case, and if he did things that bring about charges, then so be it.

Its up to the DOJ to prosecute. Think they'll do it? I have doubts.

Indeed. Trump is a man of honor, whereas Biden is reportedly willing to let his own children take the fall for him.
WAIT!

I thought the leaks from the DOJ/FBI are mere symptom of the fact that that they are controlled by the Democrats. Are you telling me that conservative agents are ALSO willing to leak info that helps the GOP talking points? Mark this thread any conservative moron here starts talking about the Democrat's vast conspiracy to harm Trump!
If the Washington Post is publishing this, it's safe to assume that DOJ wants it published. My guess is that either:

1. They're not planning on charging Hunter, but want to pin the decision on Weiss (who, the narrative will go, couldn't possibly wrongly decline to file charges since he was a Trump appointee), or
2. They're going to charge Hunter in order to maintain whatever shred of "non-partisan" reputation they have left.

It's not clear what purpose the leak serves if 2 is the case, which makes me think 1 is more likely.

Indeed. Trump is a man of honor, whereas Biden is reportedly willing to let his own children take the fall for him.

If the Washington Post is publishing this, it's safe to assume that DOJ wants it published. My guess is that either:

1. They're not planning on charging Hunter, but want to pin the decision on Weiss (who, the narrative will go, couldn't possibly wrongly decline to file charges since he was a Trump appointee), or
2. They're going to charge Hunter in order to maintain whatever shred of "non-partisan" reputation they have left.

It's not clear what purpose the leak serves if 2 is the case, which makes me think 1 is more likely.

Why is it safe?

It sounds like you are using circular logic for guesses to verify your beliefs about "leftist" media.

And it is hilarious that you are all over the place trying to cover all bases. So, no matter what, charges or not charges, it would not matter :ROFLMAO:
If they charge him, you will still this as a cover for the DOJ's partisan attitude for some unknown to you reason...

Last edited:
Why is it safe?

It sounds like you are using circular logic for guesses to verify your beliefs about "leftist" media.
Because if DOJ didn't want the story published they wouldn't have given the information it was based on to the Post.

I wouldn't trust the source

Or you know the story is false. .we can ignore ore the rest of your fantasies

And it is hilarious that you are all over the place trying to cover all bases. So, no matter what, charges or not charges, it would not matter :ROFLMAO:
If they charge him, you will still this as a cover for the DOJ's partisan attitude for some unknown to you reason...
No. Charging Hunter would be evidence of non-partisanship, but not sufficient to outweigh the overwhelming evidence that they hate Trump.

And it makes perfect sense why they would charge Hunter (if that's what they end up doing). DOJ has long had a reputation for non-partisanship, and would probably like to maintain that reputation as much as possible (while still crushing Trump, who they see as an existential threat). The only thing I don't understand is what purpose leaking would serve if they do plan to charge Hunter.

Or you know the story is false. .we can ignore ore the rest of your fantasies
For all practical intents and purposes, that's equivalent to option 1. Even if the Post simply made this up, it's not like the FBI is going to come out and deny that they ever considered recommending charges for Hunter.

Unless they plan to "retire" Biden after the midterms.

========

Hunter Biden seems to be a repulsive reprobate who was eventually going to end up in prison for something. Might as well be this.

Oh man, this has potential. All I can say is, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. You know what they say in America - don't **** up if you can't do the time - let me expand on this notion: especially if you're financially disadvantaged or in the public spotlight. (Trump would have been well advised to stay far away from public office, given his various indiscretions)

I hope the DOJ shines some light on this situation. Even if it's a weak case, I hope they bring it. You can't clear you name if you don't at least defend yourself. This was the essence of the Muller Report. Trump couldn't stand trial from the DOJ, so the DOJ wasn't able to cast specific allegations. (Given this was the clear limitation from the outset, I've no idea why they were tasked with the investigation, but whatevs)

Maybe they can bring his laptop into it so we can at least put that to bed.

Last edited:

========

The same ones that saw charges for Gaetz?

According to the conservatives, all Hunter has to do is spew some Jesus forgiveness jive and he is OK in their books? Or, are they just hypocrites?

Because if DOJ didn't want the story published they wouldn't have given the information it was based on to the Post.

:ROFLMAO:

You just demonstrated the part I said that you cut from the quote

This is circular logic man!

Back
Top Bottom