• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal agents raid office of Trump tax lawyer

Divine_Wind

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
This could be interesting....and not a good sign for Trump. OTOH, it could be unrelated to Trump. Thoughts?

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...office-of-tax-firm-that-previously-worked-for
Federal agents have reportedly raided the Chicago City Hall office of a lawyer who previously did tax work for President Trump.

The Chicago Sun-Times reports that federal agents removed everyone from the office of Chicago Finance Committee Chairman Ed Burke on Thursday morning, covering the floor-to-ceiling windows with brown paper.

Too early to tell, but quite a coincidence that the Deutsche Bank & Ed Burke raids occur on the same day.

But quite honestly, Burke has been under constant fed scrutiny over his long tenure since (Old Man) Daley's administration in the '60's. He always dodged the bullets, but everyone in Chicago believes his time is due to come.

FWIW, he claims he stopped representing Trump before the last Chicago Election in March. He was forced to rebuff Trump, due to his ward becoming heavily Hispanic.

If this is Trump related, my guess is it's more about the records Burke has, than Burke's own actions. However if it's Chicago related, Eddie may indeed finally succumb to what many can't believe he dodged all these years: A successful fed bust.

Too early to tell, but quite a coincidence that the Deutsche Bank & Ed Burke raids occur on the same day.

But quite honestly, Burke has been under constant fed scrutiny over his long tenure since (Old Man) Daley's administration in the '60's. He always dodged the bullets, but everyone in Chicago believes his time is due to come.

FWIW, he claims he stopped representing Trump before the last Chicago Election in March. He was forced to rebuff Trump, due to his ward becoming heavily Hispanic.

If this is Trump related, my guess is it's more about the records Burke has, than Burke's own actions. However if it's Chicago related, Eddie may indeed finally succumb to what many can't believe he dodged all these years: A successful fed bust.

I'm sure the full story will be revealed within the next few weeks, but I also think that Mueller's investigation is winding down and that they are just tying up loose ends.

I'm sure the full story will be revealed within the next few weeks, but I also think that Mueller's investigation is winding down and that they are just tying up loose ends.
Anyone's guess at this point ...

There are half a dozen threads on this already.

Use the damn search function before starting a thread.

There are half a dozen threads on this already.

Use the damn search function before starting a thread.

I looked, but thanks for the condescending assumption. It fits you.

Feel free to file a report and have those "half dozen" threads merged.

Back
Top Bottom