• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fear the Walking dead, season two

Did Daniel die? I don't believe they confirmed his death on the Talking Dead.
I don't know, those flames licking at his crotch seems pretty sinister but perhaps not

And you know how there's this unspoken rule for these type of shows if you don't see the body, then they are most likely still alive. I mean just look back at what happened with Merle and Glenn.
very true
Celia was a great villain, loved her actress.
did they confirm her death? she wasn't in with the hordes was she?

But regardless, I still have my gripes with the episode. I think Daniel and Nick went a bit too crazy, too fast.
in what regard?

I think Nick has now become "addicted" to feeling he is invincible

I think Travis was right not to bring Chris back to the group...he is having a temporary meltdown due to putting the guy on the plane out of his misery

I don't know, those flames licking at his crotch seems pretty sinister but perhaps not

Yeah, those flames were pretty close weren't they?

did they confirm her death? she wasn't in with the hordes was she?

I don't think they did. She may actually still be alive, or just end up into one of the various unknown status characters like Bethany Exerner and Andrew Adams.

in what regard?

I mean I personally just felt that Nick drunk the Celia Kool-Aid a bit too fast.
Nick had no problem killing walkers earlier, but all of a sudden he just had a complete 180 on how he viewed walkers. But he seemed to begin to change his mind after Luis died, so maybe that's what sparked the change in this mindset.

I think Nick has now become "addicted" to feeling he is invincible

But what's funny to me is that Nick is saying how the walkers are people, but he somehow always finds walker blood to use so he can blend in with the herd.

I think Travis was right not to bring Chris back to the group...he is having a temporary meltdown due to putting the guy on the plane out of his misery

Yeah, Chris is pretty unstable right now.
Probably just as unstable as Lizzie was.

But anyways, I have no idea where they are going to head after the Baja Safehouse. Maybe they will head towards the safer areas in Mexico? The Mexican Government seems to have kept a lid on the infection, and there only seems to be small outbreaks occurring from what we have seen. The Mexican Coast Guard is still active, but they didn't really show too much of them at all.

Maybe the group will head back towards the United States, maybe to possibly look for any remaining safe-zones.

Yeah, those flames were pretty close weren't they?
he was standing in the middle of the inferno but he did still have an exit

I don't think they did. She may actually still be alive, or just end up into one of the various unknown status characters like Bethany Exerner and Andrew Adams.
I think they spent too much time developing her character to allow her to just fade out like Bethany did. She is too interesting.

I mean I personally just felt that Nick drunk the Celia Kool-Aid a bit too fast.
Nick had no problem killing walkers earlier, but all of a sudden he just had a complete 180 on how he viewed walkers. But he seemed to begin to change his mind after Luis died, so maybe that's what sparked the change in this mindset.
well when you put it that way, yes...he did drink that kool-aid really fast...he could though have just been ripe for the picking

some cults do that...they assess and then strike if they feel the person is maliable enough to reel in and they use emotion...Celia was good with the emotional manipulation plus she is psychotic...she easily killed all of those people in church and didn't even blink an eye

But what's funny to me is that Nick is saying how the walkers are people, but he somehow always finds walker blood to use so he can blend in with the herd.
yes I thought he was manipulating her actually but the way it ended would indicate it is a part of his inability to see reality

Yeah, Chris is pretty unstable right now.
Probably just as unstable as Lizzie was.
I say no to that...his instability is triggered by the death of his mother, his anger at his father for killing her and then his euthenizing of the man in the plane...they all align but he is young and does not have enough life experience yet to place it all into perspective...but he will

Lizzy was a socio/psycho path like Celia and it indicated she had problems before the end times...there is no coming back from that level of psychosis

But anyways, I have no idea where they are going to head after the Baja Safehouse. Maybe they will head towards the safer areas in Mexico? The Mexican Government seems to have kept a lid on the infection, and there only seems to be small outbreaks occurring from what we have seen. The Mexican Coast Guard is still active, but they didn't really show too much of them at all.

yes all kinds of questions and it really did end well unlike Walking Dead which indicates to me they learned from the backlash they received

my question is....how did that fire Daniel started spread that fast....I don't think it did

Strand told Celia he wasn't leaving because 'he wasn't done yet'...then left at dark...he knows Thomas would never have wanted things to go the way Celia indicated they were going to go at his memorial

I think he may have set fire to the night himself

?

Maybe the group will head back towards the United States, maybe to possibly look for any remaining safe-zones.
yes I think they were heading to the boat but who knows if it is even safe now

he was standing in the middle of the inferno but he did still have an exit

Yep. Maybe he changed his mind about dying at the last second, but it seems unlikely considering how much ghost Grizelda was convincing him to "stay with her".

I think they spent too much time developing her character to allow her to just fade out like Bethany did. She is too interesting.
Well they did spend quite a few episodes developing Bethany's character, and they kinda just threw her away in the end. So I wouldn't be all that surprised if they get rid of Celia too.

well when you put it that way, yes...he did drink that kool-aid really fast...he could though have just been ripe for the picking

Maybe. Strand did bring up a pretty good explanation on why his mindset switched so quickly.

some cults do that...they assess and then strike if they feel the person is maliable enough to reel in and they use emotion...Celia was good with the emotional manipulation plus she is psychotic...she easily killed all of those people in church and didn't even blink an eye

Yes, Celia is great at manipulating others emotionally. That's probably why she got her hooks into Nick so easily and so quickly.

yes I thought he was manipulating her actually but the way it ended would indicate it is a part of his inability to see reality

Yeah, he probably us just refusing to see reality right now.

I say no to that...his instability is triggered by the death of his mother, his anger at his father for killing her and then his euthenizing of the man in the plane...they all align but he is young and does not have enough life experience yet to place it all into perspective...but he will

Lizzy was a socio/psycho path like Celia and it indicated she had problems before the end times...there is no coming back from that level of psychosis

Sure, you are pretty much correct about that. But I think Chris is more unstable than Lizzie was, because she could keep a lid her psychotic behavior for a while, until "The Grove" where it basically came out all in the open.

yes all kinds of questions and it really did end well unlike Walking Dead which indicates to me they learned from the backlash they received

Yeah, the Season 6 Finale didn't go over well at all. It's funny how they stated that this episode was going to end on a cliffhanger in order to avoid backlash like last time.

my question is....how did that fire Daniel started spread that fast....I don't think it did

Yeah, that fire spread wayy too fast. It's like the entire house was doused in gasoline.

Strand told Celia he wasn't leaving because 'he wasn't done yet'...then left at dark...he knows Thomas would never have wanted things to go the way Celia indicated they were going to go at his memorial

I believe Strand said he wasn't leaving yet because he wasn't done burying Thomas.

I think he may have set fire to the night himself

I don't know about that.

I was just making predictions about where they were going to head next after Baja. But I wonder someone may have taken the Abigail while they were gone. Maybe Alex perhaps?

Yep. Maybe he changed his mind about dying at the last second, but it seems unlikely considering how much ghost Grizelda was convincing him to "stay with her".

Well they did spend quite a few episodes developing Bethany's character, and they kinda just threw her away in the end. So I wouldn't be all that surprised if they get rid of Celia too.

Maybe. Strand did bring up a pretty good explanation on why his mindset switched so quickly.

Yes, Celia is great at manipulating others emotionally. That's probably why she got her hooks into Nick so easily and so quickly.

Yeah, he probably us just refusing to see reality right now.

Sure, you are pretty much correct about that. But I think Chris is more unstable than Lizzie was, because she could keep a lid her psychotic behavior for a while, until "The Grove" where it basically came out all in the open.

Yeah, the Season 6 Finale didn't go over well at all. It's funny how they stated that this episode was going to end on a cliffhanger in order to avoid backlash like last time.

Yeah, that fire spread wayy too fast. It's like the entire house was doused in gasoline.

I believe Strand said he wasn't leaving yet because he wasn't done burying Thomas.

I don't know about that.

I was just making predictions about where they were going to head next after Baja. But I wonder someone may have taken the Abigail while they were gone. Maybe Alex perhaps?

interesting .... and now we wait :lol:

Till August. Ugh.

Until then I'm probably just gonna watch Preacher. Looks to be an interesting show.

I couldn't stay awake for most of it but I did see flashes, it looks strange and I like strange so I will give it a go

was that the devil who was laying there with his guts all hanging out with his bowels twined around him after his jump from the plane with an umbrella? :lamo

I couldn't stay awake for most of it but I did see flashes, it looks strange and I like strange so I will give it a go

was that the devil who was laying there with his guts all hanging out with his bowels twined around him after his jump from the plane with an umbrella? :lamo
Maybe. Idk. I'm still pretty confused, but regardless it looks pretty interesting. I actually wasn't aware that the comic book (which the show is based on) had supernatural elements in it, so I was quite surprised when I watched the opening scene.

Maybe. Idk. I'm still pretty confused, but regardless it looks pretty interesting. I actually wasn't aware that the comic book (which the show is based on) had supernatural elements in it, so I was quite surprised when I watched the opening scene.

well next week we can make a Preacher thread... :peace

...I mean I personally just felt that Nick drunk the Celia Kool-Aid a bit too fast.
Nick had no problem killing walkers earlier, but all of a sudden he just had a complete 180 on how he viewed walkers. But he seemed to begin to change his mind after Luis died, so maybe that's what sparked the change in this mindset...

I was thinking the same thing.

How the **** can he act like they aren't dangerous ? Sure, he can find ways to prevent them from hurting him, but he has to first find one in isolation, tear it apart, cover himself in its entrails, and so basically "kill" it in the process, before he is "safe."

Nick really disappointed me. I thought he valued his family's safety more than that. To abandon them ? Sure, when he was on heroin, at least he knew they'd be safe- now, he knows they aren't safe, and more importantly, he knows how much he can help.

And why the hell didn't Madison tell him that she didn't start the fire ?

Watching the opener for FTWD.

I thought the opening scene was a little wierd. At night they're leaving with zombies everywhere looking like something out of saving private ryan.

The radio chatter on the boat is pretty god

See - its real simple Fred.

The pigs run around U.S. cities see , shooting everyone and anyone and getting away with it.

On THE WALKING DEAD, the show is reinforcing its okay for America, which is now referred to as a Police State, so thoroughly controlled by a media monopoly, which is in bed with U.S. Government policy, and is in fact controlled by the National Security State, wants to condone this 'new normal' that its okay for the pigs to shoot White, African and Latin Americans whenever they want, because they're dressed up like Zombies, of course!

So - the Police State system shows this level of brutality to you on a weekly basis, in order to condition you to accept it. They did the same thing with a show called "Cops" on Fox before Bart Simpson. The "Cops" (thugs really) used excessive force on a weekly basis mainly on African and Latin Americans, broadcast it on TV for 20 years, and now the American people accept it as normal.

Now Seth McFarlane makes jokes about it, with a character named "Joe" on Family Guy and everyone think its funny. And then Family Guy regularly makes fun of the crippled, and old people, and the mentally handicapped, and so you see Seth McFarlane is a Nazi pig, disguised as some cartoon genius or the beloved host of Comedy Central roasts, and he is a toasted member of the Hollywood Elite with a new million dollar office in Burbank.

So - the moral of the story is ... whitey sucks it. :screwy

Simple isn't it?

See - its real simple Fred.

The pigs run around U.S. cities see , shooting everyone and anyone and getting away with it.

On THE WALKING DEAD, the show is reinforcing its okay for America, which is now referred to as a Police State, so thoroughly controlled by a media monopoly, which is in bed with U.S. Government policy, and is in fact controlled by the National Security State, wants to condone this 'new normal' that its okay for the pigs to shoot White, African and Latin Americans whenever they want, because they're dressed up like Zombies, of course!

So - the Police State system shows this level of brutality to you on a weekly basis, in order to condition you to accept it. They did the same thing with a show called "Cops" on Fox before Bart Simpson. The "Cops" (thugs really) used excessive force on a weekly basis mainly on African and Latin Americans, broadcast it on TV for 20 years, and now the American people accept it as normal.

Now Seth McFarlane makes jokes about it, with a character named "Joe" on Family Guy and everyone think its funny. And then Family Guy regularly makes fun of the crippled, and old people, and the mentally handicapped, and so you see Seth McFarlane is a Nazi pig, disguised as some cartoon genius or the beloved host of Comedy Central roasts, and he is a toasted member of the Hollywood Elite with a new million dollar office in Burbank.

So - the moral of the story is ... whitey sucks it. :screwy

Simple isn't it?
What the **** does that have to do with his OP or even Fear The Walking Dead in general?

I was thinking the same thing.

How the **** can he act like they aren't dangerous ? Sure, he can find ways to prevent them from hurting him, but he has to first find one in isolation, tear it apart, cover himself in its entrails, and so basically "kill" it in the process, before he is "safe."

Yep. The Nick conversion happened way too ****ing quick IMO. Celia got her claws into his mindset too quickly for me to believe it.

[/QUOTE]
Nick really disappointed me. I thought he valued his family's safety more than that. To abandon them ? Sure, when he was on heroin, at least he knew they'd be safe- now, he knows they aren't safe, and more importantly, he knows how much he can help.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it sucks because Nick was basically my favorite character on the show.

And why the hell didn't Madison tell him that she didn't start the fire ?

Exactly! It's like the writers themselves forgot that Daniel was the one to set the fire!

I like FTWD, but the show definitely has a bunch of problems and inconsistencies with it's writing. Like where did the Mexican Coast Guard go? Why did Nick and Daniel go down so quickly into crazy town? Etc. Etc.

I'm still pretty annoyed how Season 1 played out the way it did. They promised to show us the onset of the apocalypse and the collapse of society, but they basically just skipped right over it.

This shows basically another Walking Dead, which is not how I initially wanted it to turn out. Bummer.

What the **** does that have to do with his OP or even Fear The Walking Dead in general?

Seriously, your highness -

Do they or do they not - broadcast blatantly obvious war propaganda movies for three days straight all weekend long, for 24 hours a day EVERY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND AND FOURTH OF JULY ON TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES, AMC, AND A FEW OTHER CHANNNELS, year after year, when Americans are all off work and supposed to unwind from the rat race, and suppsedly to just relax and enjoy themselves?

And these networks TCM, AMC, and TBS are all owned by the same company CNN/Time-Warner and CNN was the same company that lied us into not one, but two Iraq wars, then another in Syria!

Why do you suppose that is?

Aren't they in the business of selling us war, fear, and guns - the National Security State- which is bankrupting the country and causing untold millions of refugees, horrific disease, starvation and death?

Seriously, your highness -

Do they or do they not - broadcast blatantly obvious war propaganda movies for three days straight all weekend long, for 24 hours a day EVERY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND AND FOURTH OF JULY ON TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES, AMC, AND A FEW OTHER CHANNNELS, year after year, when Americans are all off work and supposed to unwind from the rat race, and suppsedly to just relax and enjoy themselves?

And these networks TCM, AMC, and TBS are all owned by the same company CNN/Time-Warner and CNN was the same company that lied us into not one, but two Iraq wars, then another in Syria!

Why do you suppose that is?

Aren't they in the business of selling us war, fear, and guns - the National Security State- which is bankrupting the country and causing untold millions of refugees, horrific disease, starvation and death?
Back to InfoWars.com for you, Alex Jones.

Till August. Ugh.

Until then I'm probably just gonna watch Preacher. Looks to be an interesting show.
Hey woman, I couldn't sleep last night so I checked out Outcasts....not really a show to watch all alone at 1:00 AM but holy crap...I am thinking a yes

It's based on a comic book AND produced by WD

Hey woman, I couldn't sleep last night so I checked out Outcasts....not really a show to watch all alone at 1:00 AM but holy crap...I am thinking a yes

It's based on a comic book AND produced by WD

Well thanks for the recommendation. I'll torrent it later, I'm sure it's around on the internet somewhere. I torrent most of these TV Shows anyways; I only ever watch TWD and FTWD live.

But it's horror so I'm already interested. I really do enjoy horror. Which is why I like the Walking Dead so much. I remember the watch the very first episode and how it absolutely terrified me. And I also love listening the Creepypasta stories on YouTube.

But sometimes I even get too scared to get our of bed! [emoji12]

Well thanks for the recommendation. I'll torrent it later, I'm sure it's around on the internet somewhere. I torrent most of these TV Shows anyways; I only ever watch TWD and FTWD live.

But it's horror so I'm already interested. I really do enjoy horror. Which is why I like the Walking Dead so much. I remember the watch the very first episode and how it absolutely terrified me. And I also love listening the Creepypasta stories on YouTube.

But sometimes I even get too scared to get our of bed! [emoji12]

well that was me last night...and the bedroom door was half ajar, it was after 1:00 and we were in the middle of this kid floating above his bed and feeling all Exorcist-like and f if the cat didn't do a jump to her feet face the door alert....my fing legs felt cold and I was not impressed

I had to do self talk...damn

think it was just a bug but I am not good with possession crap and that's what Outcasts is about

I am okey dokey with zombies...but devil stuff not so much...must be the old Catholic thingie still in my brain

the main character is at first questionable, but I am going to like him and the preacher too

check it out

So it's pretty damning that no one bothered to dig up this thread to respond to. We're two episodes in and i actually liked both of them.

No Travis, no Chris, at least not so far. Lot of Nick.

Maddie and Strand were dumbasses, but i forgive them because i like them.

Olivia seems too whiney. Alicia seems too careless.

New pharmacist guy, Alejandro, is intense. Luciana seems awesome except for her devotion to Alejandro.

And we finally get something plot wise about the zombies:

Alejandro claims to have gotten bitten but didn't turn, and limb amputation wasn't involved. Of course, it could be a Eugene-style trust reinforcing lie.

So it's pretty damning that no one bothered to dig up this thread to respond to. We're two episodes in and i actually liked both of them.

New pharmacist guy, Alejandro, is intense. Luciana seems awesome except for her devotion to Alejandro.

Alejandro claims to have gotten bitten but didn't turn, and limb amputation wasn't involved. Of course, it could be a Eugene-style trust reinforcing lie.

I also enjoyed the first tow episodes A LOT!!!
and yes the bite "story" is interesting . . .

Now that show has finally found a compelling storyline lets see if they can stick to it for more than 2 episodes before going off on a major tangent.

Back
Top Bottom