• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fear is a good thing

facts dont need an out example of phobia was already given LMAO
no matter how much you dance and deflect and try to reframe it won't work it will continue to fail and continue my entertainment

The fact remains fear is a nether god or bad its circumstance and could be either, and there fore your Thread title is also not a statement of fact, that will not change
🤷‍♂️😂
Strawman; I'm referring to you, not facts needing an out (that doesn't even make any sense).

I'm still going to wait for an example.

Fear of pain is easier than pain itself.

Strawman; I'm referring to you, not facts needing an out (that doesn't even make any sense).

I'm still going to wait for an example.
wow not only have you proven you don't know what the context of your own OP is you just factually proved you have no idea what a strawman is LMAO how young are you?
you were already given an example, keep trying and failing though its awesome!

The fact remains fear is a nether god or bad its circumstance and could be either, and there fore your Thread title is also not a statement of fact, that will not change
🤷‍♂️😂

Stepladders...okay?
Fear of climbing a six foot step ladder is well nigh irrational.
You don't get it and my gut tells me you never will, and you're just here to pick stupid arguments that devolve into
childish crap I don't waste my time on.
So you win the argument, okay?
My motive for posting this thread stems from an assertion made by a young woman who had shaved her head completely bald and posted a response on a thread (a long time ago, on a forum that's no longer around) to me asking why have fear; she was basically in some cult-like following of some old guy (I don't remember his name or anything about him, except that he seemed to have a Scottish accent based on online videos of him speaking). I didn't think it was necessary or even relevant to explain this, until now.

Anyways, yes, even stepladders & even no ladder at all - just standing directly on a hard surface, falling, and banging your head against a hard surface can be very bad. I work in the healthcare industry and have both seen and heard patients bang their heads against a hard ground surface. It's a terrible and unpleasant thing to both see and hear.

wow not only have you proven you don't know what the context of your own OP is you just factually proved you have no idea what a strawman is LMAO how young are you?
you were already given an example, keep trying and failing though its awesome!

🤷‍♂️😂
Not an argument; where's your example?

Not an argument
correct its fact hence why your thread title is false

; where's your example?
phobias

🤷‍♂️😂

correct its fact hence why your thread title is false
Wrong; it's out of context thus it is not the case that the title is false.

I already addressed this earlier- https://debatepolitics.com/threads/fear-is-a-good-thing.464809/#post-1074894575

🤷‍♂️😂
You haven't made your case. BTW, since you're going to keep copying and pasting this, why don't you fix your spelling? "a nether god"

I don't want you to sound awkward & embarrassing. 😏

Last edited:
Wrong; it's out of context thus it is not the case that the title is false.

I already addressed this earlier- https://debatepolitics.com/threads/fear-is-a-good-thing.464809/#post-1074894575

You haven't made your case. BTW, since you're going to keep copying and pasting this, why don't you fix your spelling? "nether god"

I don't want you to sound awkward & embarrassing. 😏
your own op proves its factually not out of context LMAO keep desperately trying though its hilarious
Facts dont care about what YOU think you addressed or what case YOU think is made nor about YOUR feelings

The fact remains fear is neither god or bad its circumstance and could be either, and therefore your thread title is also not a statement of fact, that will not change
quick make another meaningless post that changes nothing
🤷‍♂️😂

Some people believe that fear is a bad thing. It isn't a bad thing; it's there to protect us.

It's like feeling pain when we touch something extremely hot with our hands; the pain of touching something hot causes us to immediately pull our hands away so it doesn't get burned, damaged, or destroyed.

Some of these things we have may seem bad or undesirable, but they're there to protect & preserve us.

It can be wise to be fearful of something or what someone wants to do, especially when what they want to do is known to have repeatedly had undesirable outcomes.
Rational fear is good. Irrational fear is bad. Fear that paralyzes is also bad.

If a bear suddenly crashed into the room I'm currently inhabiting, It'd be rational to be afraid--and in that case, fear is good, since it has the effect of increasing my metabolism and priming my body to move quickly. On the other hand, there are some folks who are afraid of, say, mirrors--and that's irrational fear. In the bear example, if my fear froze me to my seat and I just sat there waiting to be eaten, that would also be bad.

Maybe it's best to say that fear can be a good thing.

your own op proves its factually not out of context
Prove it.

LMAO keep desperately trying though its hilarious
What am I desperately trying?

Facts dont care about what YOU think you addressed or what case YOU think is made nor about YOUR feelings
Exactly; I don't matter, yet you're trying to make it about me and feelings rather than the facts.

The fact remains fear is neither god or bad its circumstance and could be either, and therefore your thread title is also not a statement of fact, that will not change
🤷‍♂️😂
In the context of the topic of this thread & where I posted it, yes it is good.

You still haven't changed "god" to "good" & I pointed this out to you earlier; do you really mean "god"?[/QUOTE]

Prove it.
sure thats easy, heres YOUR OP:

Some people believe that fear is a bad thing. It isn't a bad thing; it's there to protect us.

It's like feeling pain when we touch something extremely hot with our hands; the pain of touching something hot causes us to immediately pull our hands away so it doesn't get burned, damaged, or destroyed.

Some of these things we have may seem bad or undesirable, but they're there to protect & preserve us.

It can be wise to be fearful of something or what someone wants to do, especially when what they want to do is known to have repeatedly had undesirable outcomes.
Nothing in it makes the facts i pointed out, out of context . .nothing LMAO

What am I desperately trying?
your posts are trying to sell the lie my comment is out of context but its not working
Exactly; I don't matter, yet you're trying to make it about me and feelings rather than the facts.
wrong again, facts are exactly what makes your feelings not matter. Your posts continuing to claim otherwise is what keeps this going.
Accept the facts and move on to show honesty and integrity or ignore/deny them and continue to have your posts destroyed by them over and over again,.
best part is no matter what facts prove your thread title not to be a statement of fact
In the context of the topic of this thread & where I posted it, yes it is good.

You still haven't changed "god" to "good" & I pointed this out to you earlier; do you really mean "god"?
keep trying and keep failing

The fact remains fear is neither "good"😂 or bad its circumstance and could be either, and therefore your thread title is also not a statement of fact, that will not change
🍿

All negative or even destructive things ultimately serve a good purpose by teaching us either the difference between the good and bad, and appreciation of the positive. If everything were always positive and good, without the opposites to compare them to, we'd learn nothing, appreciate nothing and all be the same.

I pose here two more questions:

Is fear related with intelligence?

Are fearful people more intelligent people?

I don't really know. I recognize myself as a fearful person and it may be narcissist to surely consider that as a sign of intelligence.

Last edited:

I don't really know. I recognize myself as a fearful person and it may be narcissist to surely consider that as a sign of intelligence.
It depends. Overly amount of fear is unhealthy. Fear and anxiety also weakens the immune system and causes cardio vascular issues.

'fear' is just one's reaction to the what-if? scenario. How you handle fear is mostly an artifact of what you've done in the past. If you have fear, but overcame it then you'll have more confidence attacking problems in the future. On the other hand if you avoid fear at all cost. Then you'll fear everything and it'll become a psychosis negatively affecting your life.

Back
Top Bottom