• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fear and hatred

In his new book, It Was All a Lie: How the Republican Party Became Donald Trump, Stevens argues that the party's support for Trump isn't just a pragmatic choice. Instead, he says, it reflects the party's complete abandonment of principles it long claimed to embrace, such as fiscal restraint, personal responsibility and family values.

Stevens acknowledges his own role in the party's shift: "One of the things that drew me to the Republican Party was the concept of personal responsibility. So I don't know where to begin with personal responsibility except to take responsibility personally."
Veteran GOP Strategist Takes On Trump — And His Party — In 'It Was All A Lie' (NPR).

Is Stevens wrong? If so, how? As a reformed Republican, I completely agree with his argument. I was also misled, but I got over it. My question for those clingers is, "why haven't you"?

Ironic.

Fear and hatred, the theme of the gop. Be afraid of the democrats, they are everything bad and out to destroy OUR america. Biden will not only take your guns but at the same time implant every republican with a microchip against their will, raise their taxes, denounce god and open the borders to anyone. The beloved capitalistic system that is so out of control once again the country is in a crisis and while most suffer, the few get wealthier. That will be destroyed, no more of the bottom eighty percent supporting the top twenty and who wants that?

We have gone so far backwards under republicans it's time to start progressing in america. Clean energy, good union jobs, healthcare for everyone a clean environment, good air to breathe. What is wrong with any of those things? Why do republicans fight them tooth and nail when in reality most people would benefit?

What does fear and hatred gain you? Owning the libs?

It's not okay to brand someone as a racist simply because that person disagrees with your political opinions.

For example, I don't like Kamala Harris. This has nothing at all to do with either her race or gender. Nevertheless, I've been told that I'm a racist. :roll:

Fear and hatred, the theme of the gop. Be afraid of the democrats, they are everything bad and out to destroy OUR america. Biden will not only take your guns but at the same time implant every republican with a microchip against their will, raise their taxes, denounce god and open the borders to anyone. The beloved capitalistic system that is so out of control once again the country is in a crisis and while most suffer, the few get wealthier. That will be destroyed, no more of the bottom eighty percent supporting the top twenty and who wants that?

We have gone so far backwards under republicans it's time to start progressing in america. Clean energy, good union jobs, healthcare for everyone a clean environment, good air to breathe. What is wrong with any of those things? Why do republicans fight them tooth and nail when in reality most people would benefit?

What does fear and hatred gain you? Owning the libs?

You have clicked "like" on hundreds of liberal poster's posts that ridicule and spread hate about conservatives.

Hypocrite much?

You have clicked "like" on hundreds of liberal poster's posts that ridicule and spread hate about conservatives.

Hypocrite much?

I don't hate conservatives, I despise them. The gop and its supporters after all deserved it. The right has either attacked every person and institution in america and if not, they cheer on those who are attacking everything about america. Yet the right claims they love this country.

I don't hate conservatives, I despise them. The gop and its supporters after all deserved it. The right has either attacked every person and institution in america and if not, they cheer on those who are attacking everything about america. Yet the right claims they love this country.

OMG.......don't liberals do the very same thing?

Are you that naive?

I don't see the GOP burning down cities, but I see plenty of your ilk doing it.

OMG.......don't liberals do the very same thing?

Are you that naive?

I don't see the GOP burning down cities, but I see plenty of your ilk doing it.

Right, because after all you could identify everyone's political beliefs from a picture.

It's not okay to brand someone as a racist simply because that person disagrees with your political opinions.

For example, I don't like Kamala Harris. This has nothing at all to do with either her race or gender. Nevertheless, I've been told that I'm a racist. :roll:

I agree 100%. That’s what I meant when I said it was easier to do that to someone who disagrees with you rather than discussing actual issues like adults should be able to.

I think republicans block much more than the dems neuralize. That should be obvious with mitch's famous let's make him a one term president comment. The gop has turned into a bunch of brain dead knuckle dragging brown shirts determined to protect trump at any and all costs.

"Blocking" is an action that worked. "Neuralizing" is not an action and is not a thing that works by itself. You can't think yourself to a goal. If you can't get there using your head, use your feet. Reps use their feet. Dems stand there and and think. They don't even say much.

Back
Top Bottom