• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fear and gun ownership.

That's pretty good, have you fired anything else on full auto for comparison ?
Lets see

Uzis (at least 3000 rounds)
Thompson SMG (around 1000)
Sten (around 2000)
M16 (more than I can remember)
M16 in 22 LR (several hundred)
M16 in 9mm-300 or so
MAC 11 in 9 and or 380 ( a few hundred)
BAR-a few magazines
AKM (AK 47) a few mags
MP-5 (several hundred rounds)
STEYR AUG ( 4-5 mags IIRC)
Swedish K and the Smith and Wesson Copy (MK 76 or something like that) probably 10 mags of each)
M14-one or two mags.
FN-FAL-several mags. 308 out of light rifles-not all that fun
Passed up a chance to shoot a M2 Browning. at 2 bucks a round I just didn't see value.

Lets see

Sten (around 2000)
M16 in 9mm-300 or so
BAR-a few magazines
AKM (AK 47) a few mags
Swedish K and the Smith and Wesson Copy (MK 76 or something like that) probably 10 mags of each)
M14-one or two mags.
Passed up a chance to shoot a M2 Browning. at 2 bucks a round I just didn't see value.
What no M-60s?

You haven't lived until you fire a belt or two from an M-60. :cool:

What no M-60s?

You haven't lived until you fire a belt or two from an M-60. :cool:
nah, never had a chance at one of those.

Never understood how scientific minds could oppose gun ownership.

Guns provide technological equality so those born with less muscle can defend themselves as much as those born with more.

Guns provide technological equality so those born with less muscle can defend themselves as much as those born with more.
It is only our tools that keeps humans on the top of the food chain. Compared to the overwhelming majority of top predators on this planet, humans are woefully equipped naturally. Only our superior intelligence allows us to create the tools necessary to offset our natural disadvantages.

It is only our tools that keeps humans on the top of the food chain. Compared to the overwhelming majority of top predators on this planet, humans are woefully equipped naturally. Only our superior intelligence allows us to create the tools necessary to offset our natural disadvantages.
Pretty much. We evolved away from brutality.

Banning guns reverts us back to a state of nature.

Lets see

Sten (around 2000)
M16 in 9mm-300 or so
BAR-a few magazines
AKM (AK 47) a few mags
M14-one or two mags.

I always wanted ti fire a STEN - my father carried one in WWII - he was too young to serve as a regular soldier, instead he served in the Home Guard.

I fired and AKM on full auto once. That was fun.

Who says that anyone who opposes gun ownership has a scientific mind? They're mutually exclusive.

You seem to be saying you dont have much muscle and are frightened of other people. You see yourself as inferior to others, not as strong, and it makes you feel strong if you have a gun so you could shoot them if you needed to. You have "equality" ("Guns provide technological equality"") with others when you have a gun, you dont have "equality" without your gun. Unless you have a gun, others are better than you and above you.

Thats what you just told me.:oops:
Yikes. I cant imagine what it would be like to live with that mindset. Sure am glad I have never needed a gun and cant imagine I ever would. Thats a mighty big burden you're carrying around there with you friend, imo, you do have my sincere sympathies on that.(y)

Seriously? You're really just going to come out with a cynical personal attack?

Its not a "personal attack", you just said that you dont have a lot of muscle so you depend on carrying a gun around so you can be the equal of others.
As you see it: you are not as good or strong as other people unless you have a gun.
This is what you just told me.
How on earth can you walk around every day scared like that?

Who says that anyone who opposes gun ownership has a scientific mind? They're mutually exclusive.
The problem is liberal scientists have thrown in their lot with liberal artists to play wise guy word games in academia alongside wise guy word games in law.

They don't want people to own guns because they want the State to do their bidding through psychological manipulation.

Pretty much. We evolved away from brutality.

Banning guns reverts us back to a state of nature.

Here you say that when a society is fully "evolved", that will be defined as having everyone walking around everywhere with a gun.

LMAO. You're EXACTLY wrong here again I'm afraid XD. If you havent evolved enough in 250 years so everyone doesnt need to carry a gun around....then that means you live in a real SHIT society IMO. Its embarrassing. The embarrassment and the shame of developed nations.💯💯💯

Like the hydrogen bomb? Was that designed to offset a natural disadvantage?

Our superior intelligence has been a real blessing to this planet and all the species that inhabit it. ;)

The problem is liberal scientists have thrown in their lot with liberal artists to play wise guy word games in academia alongside wise guy word games in law.

They don't want people to own guns because they want the State to do their bidding through psychological manipulation.
A few things:

- Science is not political; science is independent of both politics and religion. Science is about how the universe functions, how nature behaves.
- Gun grabbing is not liberal. I'm liberal (by definition, not Leftist "liberal"), and as a liberal I'm vehemently opposed to all forms of gun grabbing.
- I agree that there is psychological manipulation. As far as I can tell, practically everything that comes out of mainstream media outlets is psychological manipulation & I can't think of something that isn't.

The gun grabber agenda is simple & obvious, it's to disarm people so those in power can oppress them and subject them to genocide if/when the decide to carry it out, with little or no resistance. The right to keep and bear arms exists for more than to just impede tyranny, it's also to prevent genocide. How do I know this? Because it's what I would do if I wanted to enslave humanity or get rid of most of the world's population. I would also come up with the same sort of anti 2nd Amendment propaganda & spin that we see coming from gun grabbers.

experts-agree-gun-control-works.jpg

How does this talk about me?

I've already explained it.
No need to explain it again. You're scared of other people because you aren't very strong physically, so your fear dictates that you carry a gun everywhere. Thats what you said above.

>>>Guns provide technological equality so those born with less muscle can defend themselves as much as those born with more.<<<<<

You didn't explain anything. You just jumped to conclusions over negative possibilities in your reading comprehension.

OK. You're boring me.
Words have meanings, and yours say a LOT about you my friend.
Moving along.....

Back
Top Bottom