• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fda

Nobody seems to have the sense to ascertain that if every other country has banned it, the FDA must take bribes. I guess DP is the wrong venue to try to warn "fellow americans" of ANYthing since it appears overrun by shills at every turn. Good luck!

Lol yup over 300 million Americans shillign for the ebil govt.

I just want to get some opinions about the FDA. It is my opinion that the FDA is a failure and needs to be shut down, replaced, or reformed. They raid vitamin companies and people who sell raw milk but allow the GMO's to run wild. We're the only country who hasn't banned milk from treated cows because the FDA is the only such organization that will accept bribes from Monsantos. WTF is going on?

The FDA in theory can be a good thing. It's not now as it is currently run, it mostly shells out for the big corps and won't regulate things like supplements.

But in general there should be food testing, standards, and information; particularly as we become more reliant on just buying boxes/prepackaged food items. Things should be labeled GMO, practices governed, etc. For instance, corporations are finding ways to reclassify high fructose corn syrup sontjey can hide it from the ingredients list. The FDA should crack down on that, they wont/, but they should.

I think there is good benefit to a well run and properly authorized FDA. We just need to make sure it's that.

The FDA in theory can be a good thing. It's not now as it is currently run, it mostly shells out for the big corps and won't regulate things like supplements.

But in general there should be food testing, standards, and information; particularly as we become more reliant on just buying boxes/prepackaged food items. Things should be labeled GMO, practices governed, etc. For instance, corporations are finding ways to reclassify high fructose corn syrup sontjey can hide it from the ingredients list. The FDA should crack down on that, they wont/, but they should.

I think there is good benefit to a well run and properly authorized FDA. We just need to make sure it's that.

The FDA is prohibited from regulating supplements by a Congressional act- given to you courtesy of Orrin Hatch and the GOP.

The FDA is prohibited from regulating supplements by a Congressional act- given to you courtesy of Orrin Hatch and the GOP.

Exactly. So we have this system that can work and do a better job if properly authorized, but we've misused it and it doesn't work.

I don't think the solution is to throw out the FDA, I think the solution is to make it work properly.

Oh and the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act, under which dietary supplements do not need FDA approval/verification, was introduced by Hatch (R) and Tom Harkin (D), signed into law by Bill Clinton (D). So this isn't all on the GOP. This is standard Republocrat nonsense. I wonder how much the supplement industry paid for that bit of legislation.

I just want to get some opinions about the FDA. It is my opinion that the FDA is a failure and needs to be shut down, replaced, or reformed. They raid vitamin companies and people who sell raw milk but allow the GMO's to run wild. We're the only country who hasn't banned milk from treated cows because the FDA is the only such organization that will accept bribes from Monsantos. WTF is going on?

There's no proof that GMOs are harmful to people. They just don't seem to be producing the yield gains that were predicted.

Shutting down the FDA would be a horrific idea. Well, unless you want there be no way for doctors to know what's in what they are prescribing...

They go after doctors that are curing people with alternative natural non-conventional treatments in order to protect big pharma interests. They're SCUM.

The problem is at the top with whoever gives the orders and takes the bribes. They should step down or be recalled, fired - whatever it takes.

Last edited:
There's no proof that GMOs are harmful to people. They just don't seem to be producing the yield gains that were predicted.

Shutting down the FDA would be a horrific idea. Well, unless you want there be no way for doctors to know what's in what they are prescribing...

Are you absolutely sure there's no proof? They genetically manipulate things to make them bigger and better. Bigger and better is a great thing. Who would gain by making up lies about an otherwise great thing?
I mean, really.

Are you absolutely sure there's no proof? They genetically manipulate things to make them bigger and better. Bigger and better is a great thing. Who would gain by making up lies about an otherwise great thing?
I mean, really.

Ok, conspiracy something something.

Whatever.

My statement is based on the studies they've been doing, including one that came out and was reported on over the course of this very week. GMOs are not harmful to people; they just haven't delivered on the promised great gains in crop yields.

I mean, really.

No kidding...

They go after doctors that are curing people with alternative natural non-conventional treatments in order to protect big pharma interests. They're SCUM.

Or, maybe, just maybe, snake oil is snake oil.

Ok, conspiracy something something.

Whatever.

My statement is based on the studies they've been doing, including one that came out and was reported on over the course of this very week. GMOs are not harmful to people; they just haven't delivered on the promised great gains in crop yields.

No kidding...

You evaded my question probably because I'm right. Just sayin'.

Or, maybe, just maybe, snake oil is snake oil.

I'm talking about doctors that have cured people of cancer and it has been clinically proven. Dr. Brazinski and his antineoplaston treatment , for one. The government tried to steal his patent that doesn't work (go figure). If you're not aware of it, then nevermind. I'm interested in discussing it with people who know what's going on.

I'm talking about doctors that have cured people of cancer and it has been clinically proven. Dr. Brazinski and his antineoplaston treatment , for one. The government tried to steal his patent that doesn't work (go figure). If you're not aware of it, then nevermind. I'm interested in discussing it with people who know what's going on.

You only want to discuss your claims with people who already agree with them? Well, allright then....

You only want to discuss your claims with people who already agree with them? Well, allright then....

Well, it's a bit difficult to discuss solutions with people who are not (or don't want to be) aware of the problem, so yeah. It's become too exhausting to try to inform people who are brainwashed. i now prefer they just stay in the dark where they like it. Sorry. Thanks for the input though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom