• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FDA wants to simplify the use and updating of Covid-19 vaccines

Let’s hope people will make a better attempt not to spread COVID or the flu than they have so far.
I don't think anyone is attempting to spread Covid or the flu.

If they are sick with either and don't take precautions then they are spreading disease.
I'll meet you half way on that one. Whether it's the Covid or the Flu, if one has symptoms, one should stay home and if needed, seek treatment. Even prior to Covid, it was far too common for people with the flu going to work, the office etc, rather then staying home.

That doesn’t back your claim. What matters is also how contagious it is, which makes it more possible for people to contract it. This increases the mortality rate versus those viruses that don’t spread as widely or are as contagious. Also, this is in a world that created and used vaccines and took other steps to slow its spread. So this doesn’t measure the true mortality rate of COVID had nothing been done at all.
Of course contagiousness matters when it comes to trying to control the spread but that’s not what I was talking about. I get that Covid is pretty prevalent but, fortunately, most people are able to recover from it.

Let's hope they are more successful at keeping up with the Covid variants then they have been with the Flu variants.
They can't keep up on much of anything. They are more worried about why people kill people with guns.

Too bad this normal thread will turn into the usual nonsense when the nutters crap all over it with unsubstantiated claims. But thanks anyway for being a voice of reason in the bizarre politicized world of COVID and vaccines.

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment, but it's nothing.

--

I think the key takeaway is the feds are now proposing responding to Covid similar to the flu.

I think this is a good thing, as it would seem to indicate a return to (relative) normalcy.
😂😂😂😂😂😂

The only factor in that is the well funded anti-vaxx movement.
Your best buddies invented that with the help of a similar handful of former hippie-dippie "wellness community" do-gooders like Jenny McCarthy and I think the two groups should have a mass anti-vaxx orgy so that the entire bunch contracts major COVID and relieves the rest of us of the curse by doing what happens when Nature takes its course.

View attachment 67433590

Minus the Trumpy anti-vaccine idiots, a handful of people still would have been scared but overall, the public would have griped, bitched and moaned but most of them would have just taken the shots just as they did during the post-Salk 1950's when polio vaccines began to get handed out.
The responsibility for the anti-vaxx movement rests squarely on those two groups of people, Jenny-ites and Republicans who love Trump.
To frigging funny. How stupid can anyone be that would assume people who refused the endless demands to get vaccinated were because Trump told them too. Fantasy searching

Vaccines still reduce the chance of serious illness or death.
Why take such extreme risk to reduce the small risk from dying of Covid?

To frigging funny. How stupid can anyone be that would assume people who refused the endless demands to get vaccinated were because Trump told them too. Fantasy searching

Want my CV19 now.jpg

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment, but it's nothing.

You are far too modest. I am not as good as you are in engaging with those who obviously aren’t here for adult discussion. I have no patience with them, but your patience appears limitless.

As to the subject matter, it was expected and is definitely a good thing to make COVID boosters a normal part of the yearly vaccines along with the usual flu shots. As time goes on, there will be better information and more knowledge of the efficacy and safety of these yearly vaccines. The anti-vax crowd depends far too much on anecdotal and flat out misinformation, usually gleaned from questionable internet sources. It is strange how what was once accepted as normal and positive health care vaccinations, which have spared so many the diseases that plagued us in the past, have become so much a part of political and cultural wars. It makes no logical sense at all.

You are far too modest. I am not as good as you are in engaging with those who obviously aren’t here for adult discussion. I have no patience with them, but your patience appears limitless.

Raise enough kids, and you learn the meaning of the word patience! ;)

As to the subject matter, it was expected and is definitely a good thing to make COVID boosters a normal part of the yearly vaccines along with the usual flu shots. As time goes on, there will be better information and more knowledge of the efficacy and safety of these yearly vaccines. The anti-vax crowd depends far too much on anecdotal and flat out misinformation, usually gleaned from questionable internet sources. It is strange how what was once accepted as normal and positive health care vaccinations, which have spared so many the diseases that plagued us in the past, have become so much a part of political and cultural wars. It makes no logical sense at all.

The good news though, as I argued in my OP, is Covid is now joining the pantheon of other flu-like diseases we simply live with as we go through normal life.

Let's just hope an ugly variant doesn't raise it's head . . .

Raise enough kids, and you learn the meaning of the word patience! ;)

The good news though, as I argued in my OP, is Covid is now joining the pantheon of other flu-like diseases we simply live with as we go through normal life.

Let's just hope an ugly variant doesn't raise it's head . . .

Rest assured, I think we can all depend on Pfizer to make sure this happens.

--

I think the key takeaway is the feds are now proposing responding to Covid similar to the flu.

I think this is a good thing, as it would seem to indicate a return to (relative) normalcy.
We've been at a point where the newer COVID variants are not as lethal as the first waves, though there's still the issue of long COVID that should be factored into how people are assessing risk. The number of people who I know that have this continues to increase.

It's kind of like pot holes: you can drive into one and possibly damage your tire and rim, or just avoid it altogether.
:)

Back
Top Bottom