• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FDA Proposing Regulations of Nicotine Juices Used in Vaporizers...

TacticalEvilDan

Shankmasta Killa
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The FDA has proposed some regulations. Some really ****ty regulations.

Among other things, the FDA is proposing to require a filing and a fee for each flavor made available, the fees being large enough to be prohibitive for small businesses whose bread and butter is the variety of their merchandise. Makers of fluids wouldn't even be able to give out zero-nicotine samples for the purpose of determining interest before filing -- they just have to pay the fees and hope for the best.

In short, these regulations will kill the businesses I get my juice from in a matter of months, leaving only the big boys standing.

You can submit your comments here:

Regulations.gov

I've already done so, and I invite anyone who has an interest to submit theirs as well.

As myself and a number of my vaper friends have said on the subject of regulation, we do not reject it universally. Age restrictions are reasonable, and if they were proposing a site certification and periodic monitoring of facilities that are used to mix up nicotine juices, I'd be okay with that. I have no problem whatsoever with either idea.

What I do object to are regulations that seem to be aimed towards making it impossible for the little guy to run a vaping shop. I see no reason to either hand the playing field to big tobacco or make vaping boring by artificially restricting the range of flavors available.

Considering how little harm vaping does compared to, oh, drinking and smoking, an America that tolerates those things has no business trying to destroy or vilify vaping.

Back
Top Bottom