• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FDA creates first-ever medical supply shortage list including masks, swabs and ventilators

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
FDA creates first-ever medical supply shortage list including masks, swabs and ventilators | TheHill

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced on Friday that it has created its first list of medical supplies that are facing a shortage just hours after President Trump touted the administration's production of personal protective equipment (PPE) and other devices.

In an effort to prevent stockpiling or hoarding of supplies, the list does not reveal the product manufacturers, but lists that ventilators, respirators, masks, surgical gowns, gloves and sterile swabs are on short supply.

The new list comes as cases of COVID-19 see spikes nationwide and record-breaking counts are reported weekly in different states.

When will the die hard Trump supporters see that Trump has screwed the pooch on response to C19

171,000 dead and rising fast

How many days of 1000 plus deaths til you wake up?

Will it happen when 2000 a day die?

200,000 deaths is approaching fast and this death train ain't slowing down

FDA creates first-ever medical supply shortage list including masks, swabs and ventilators | TheHill

When will the die hard Trump supporters see that Trump has screwed the pooch on response to C19

Great post, JANFU! :thumbs:

We should be throwing roses to the FDA as well. America is beginning to stand up and fight back against the lies and damned lies from Trump and his people concerning COVID-19.

Thank you for pointing it out.

I saw a mash up where 45 read the same number of supplies since he began his afternoon campaign rallies 2 weeks or so ago.

Fake Nooz, don’t you watch the pressers?

We should be throwing roses to the FDA as well. America is beginning to stand up and fight back against the lies and damned lies from Trump and his people concerning COVID-19.

The lies were bad enough. But it's those damn lies that are killing us ...

Shameful that the CDC, sidelined under Trump must do this

After this is said & done, a Bi Partisan investigation, where both parties have equal opportunity to have testify, if needed under immunity, with a Maj/Min report with actions needed now

As to a 2nd new pandemic

As the saying goes, another coming, sure as the 2nd coming of Jesus, well that pops into my head

The lies were bad enough. But it's those damn lies that are killing us ...

I think you might consider why these lies are believed by so many?

How such a man has achieved such a death grip on the Republican Party?

How Govt Depts. have been forced to advance a political decision, and not based upon fact.

Yes I realize that both parties do this, has it ever happened during a pandemic?

Vacancies -Where the Temp fills in, a maze of a mess and an affront to Congress

How did the US arrive at the point where the only real blow back has been by the 3rd Branch

Even there the US is divided.

Now me being Canadian and all, I have the utmost respect for what was written by your Founders.

Canada for one did refer to the US when we wrote/passed our Charter of Rights

I wonder what a Constitution would consist of if written today, with this new digital world.

Doesn't matter. My state's ICU occupancy is 76% (43% if you add in surge beds) and only 20% of vents are in use for all patients types. Other people's problems are other people's problems.

Doesn't matter. My state's ICU occupancy is 76% (43% if you add in surge beds) and only 20% of vents are in use for all patients types. Other people's problems are other people's problems.

What state are you in?

The constant state of denial? ;)

I am not the one with denial problems:

August 14, 2020:

"Five months ago, as the coronavirus pandemic surged across the nation, the urgency to build more critical care ventilators swelled to meet a shortage of the life saving machines.

So General Motors and Ventec Life Systems teamed up to produce ventilators. In just two weeks, the companies will deliver the full 30,000 ventilators they owe the U.S. government, helping to bring the U.S. stockpile closer to an inventory level that positions the nation to withstand any near-term pandemic spikes.

While there is not currently a shortfall of ventilators in the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS), the new ventilators procured during the COVID-19 response will ensure the United States is prepared to respond to any hotspots in the coming months as well as any future public health emergency response that might require these devices for lifesaving care," said Amber Dukes, a spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, in an email to the Free Press.

The Strategic National Stockpile has more than 95,100 ventilators available for deployment to hospitals across the United States as of Thursday. The stockpiled devices can be used as "a short-term, stop-gap buffer when the immediate supply is not sufficient," Dukes said. "

No shortfall in US supply of ventilators as GM, Ventec end contract

Tell that to the dead.

That's a ridiculous thing to say. The dead can't hear. That fact doesn't make you claim any more correct.

Ooh boy, this does not bode well for the man who runs the FDA, Trump and his acolytes are going to come for him HARD.

I am not the one with denial problems:

August 14, 2020:

"Five months ago, as the coronavirus pandemic surged across the nation, the urgency to build more critical care ventilators swelled to meet a shortage of the life saving machines.

So General Motors and Ventec Life Systems teamed up to produce ventilators. In just two weeks, the companies will deliver the full 30,000 ventilators they owe the U.S. government, helping to bring the U.S. stockpile closer to an inventory level that positions the nation to withstand any near-term pandemic spikes.

While there is not currently a shortfall of ventilators in the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS), the new ventilators procured during the COVID-19 response will ensure the United States is prepared to respond to any hotspots in the coming months as well as any future public health emergency response that might require these devices for lifesaving care," said Amber Dukes, a spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, in an email to the Free Press.

The Strategic National Stockpile has more than 95,100 ventilators available for deployment to hospitals across the United States as of Thursday. The stockpiled devices can be used as "a short-term, stop-gap buffer when the immediate supply is not sufficient," Dukes said. "

No shortfall in US supply of ventilators as GM, Ventec end contract

Great, all the work has been done in producing ventilators, but the list also includes parts for ventilators. It is great that you produce loads of ventilators but if the tubes it uses and the things to clean the devices are not also made in bulk, it is going to go on the list as shortage for the FDA. So having a ventilator is not going to be as much use if the other products that should go with the main ventilator itself are in short supply. Which is what I guess the FDA is indicating, it has on the list of shortages of CBK ventilator related items.

Now CBK ventilators refers I guess to this list Product Classification

Did the "Cuff, Tracheal Tube, Inflatable" (which is part of the CBK ventilator list of items) production increase enough to be used on all the ventilators now in use?

You can ignore the reality of what the FDA reports on or believe FREEP who do not have a clue what is needed besides ventilators itself to safely ventilate people.

Great, all the work has been done in producing ventilators, but the list also includes parts for ventilators. It is great that you produce loads of ventilators but if the tubes it uses and the things to clean the devices are not also made in bulk, it is going to go on the list as shortage for the FDA. So having a ventilator is not going to be as much use if the other products that should go with the main ventilator itself are in short supply. Which is what I guess the FDA is indicating, it has on the list of shortages of CBK ventilator related items.

Now CBK ventilators refers I guess to this list Product Classification

Did the "Cuff, Tracheal Tube, Inflatable" (which is part of the CBK ventilator list of items) production increase enough to be used on all the ventilators now in use?

You can ignore the reality of what the FDA reports on or believe FREEP who do not have a clue what is needed besides ventilators itself to safely ventilate people.

When you have someone without a vent, let me know. In the mean time, Trump has amassed the stockpile that Obama pretended to be building but never did. #4MoreYears

When you have someone without a vent, let me know. In the mean time, Trump has amassed the stockpile that Obama pretended to be building but never did. #4MoreYears

so still ignoring reality I see, the FDA did not produce this list for no reason, there is a shortage. And Trump is equally responsible for that shortage of the stockpile.

Back
Top Bottom