• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FCC commissioner shoots down 'absurd' claim that the federal government can block Musk's Twitter purchase

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Looks like this whiner forgot about the newspaper consolidations that have gone on, among other similar by-outs.
Maybe the new Elon Twitter will allow tweets like this one…

Looks like this whiner forgot about the newspaper consolidations that have gone on, among other similar by-outs.
"The Open Markets Institute believes the deal poses a number of immediate and direct threats to American democracy and free speech," OMI Director Barry Lynn said"

Even though 1A issues were not applicable to a private corporation before Musk bought the company, they are now. It's all very complicated but the bottom line is that now that Elon Musk has bought the company, those same "free speech" arguments that we scoffed at a few weeks ago are now front and center.;)

i hope Elon doesn't ban these types of tweets...

Why shouldn't it?
iu

i hope Elon doesn't ban these types of tweets...

First this sounds like a ridiculous question, since software and media companies have been bowing to China for a long time. Why do they do it? So you're expecting something beyond a freedom of speech change. He never promised anymore than that, so you bring in this strawman.

Because only Democrats are allowed to say stuff like that about "MAGATs."
One wonders how the conservative mind is able to reconcile the belief that right wing opinions aren't allowed on twitter with the observation that millions of right wing opinions are posted and allowed on twitter every days, and that countless right wing pundits post anti-liberal screeds compulsively throughout the year and have never been banned.

One wonders how the conservative mind is able to reconcile the belief that right wing opinions aren't allowed on twitter with the observation that millions of right wing opinions are posted and allowed on twitter every days, and that countless right wing pundits post anti-liberal screeds compulsively throughout the year and have never been banned.
By Doublethink, they can have two opposing viewpoints and believe both of them depending on the argument

I guess that that depends on what the meaning of "mind" is - right?

First this sounds like a ridiculous question, since software and media companies have been bowing to China for a long time. Why do they do it? So you're expecting something beyond a freedom of speech change. He never promised anymore than that, so you bring in this strawman.
i hope the new Elon Twitter keeps allowing these kinds of tweets...

i hope the new Elon Twitter keeps allowing these kinds of tweets...

It's free speech, as long as someone isn't committing a crime. But I'll the Homeland Disinformation GOVERANCE Board will be paying extra attention to conservatives.

DGB and KGB have an amazing similarity.

It's free speech, as long as someone isn't committing a crime. But I'll the Homeland Disinformation GOVERANCE Board will be paying extra attention to conservatives.

DGB and KGB have an amazing similarity.
I'm starting to get the feeling that you're ever so slowly starting to understand that republicans and conservatives constantly tweet 24/7.

Maybe this was a good exercise/education for you.

If the deal isn't closed by Oct 24 both sides can walk away from the deal. I am thinking that now that Musk is blocked from tweeting about Tesla stock he may walk from the deal...also, he could receive an injunction on the kid that tweets his location on his private jet. I think these two things are why he wanted to buy twitter...it has nothing to do with free speech and everything to do with shutting down what he doesn't like and flouting the SEC ruling...which was already ruled on and he has to abide by the ruling.

Back
Top Bottom