• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI warned Trump in 2016 Russians would try to infiltrate his campaign

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

WASHINGTON — In the weeks after he became the Republican nominee on July 19, 2016, Donald Trump was warned that foreign adversaries, including Russia, would probably try to spy on and infiltrate his campaign, according to multiple government officials familiar with the matter.

The warning came in the form of a high-level counterintelligence briefing by senior FBI officials, the officials said. A similar briefing was given to Hillary Clinton, they added. They said the briefings, which are commonly provided to presidential nominees, were designed to educate the candidates and their top aides about potential threats from foreign spies.

Okay conspiracy theorists, someone tell me how this plays into the deep state narrative?

You won't be waiting long. The loons will come up with something.

WASHINGTON — In the weeks after he became the Republican nominee on July 19, 2016, Donald Trump was warned that foreign adversaries, including Russia, would probably try to spy on and infiltrate his campaign, according to multiple government officials familiar with the matter.

The warning came in the form of a high-level counterintelligence briefing by senior FBI officials, the officials said. A similar briefing was given to Hillary Clinton, they added. They said the briefings, which are commonly provided to presidential nominees, were designed to educate the candidates and their top aides about potential threats from foreign spies.

Okay conspiracy theorists, someone tell me how this plays into the deep state narrative?

This is actually from December so technically not breaking news, but yeah, I totally forgot about this little gem of information so thanks for posting. Cue the conspiracy theorists ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won't be waiting long. The loons will come up with something.

Gosh, what an encouraging prediction for those who might have been considering offering an opinion. :roll:

This is actually from December so technically not breaking news, but yeah, I totally forgot about this little gem of information so thanks for posting. Cue the conspiracy theorists ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, I didn't even notice that. Thanks. Guessing this'll get moved then.

Back
Top Bottom