• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI now classifies far-right Proud Boys as 'extremist group'

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
It's about freegin' time. Will still probably continue to be invited by republicans to their events though.

FBI now classifies far-right Proud Boys as 'extremist group', documents say
Group is now designated ‘with ties to white nationalism’ according to report produced by Washington law enforcement

The FBI now classifies the far-right Proud Boys as an “extremist group with ties to white nationalism”, according to a document produced by Washington state law enforcement.

The FBI’s 2018 designation of the self-confessed “western chauvinist group” as extremist has not been previously made public.
Who are the Proud Boys, 'western chauvinists' involved in political violence?
Read more

The Proud Boys was founded by the Vice Media co-founder Gavin McInnes. McInnes has insisted that his group is not white nationalist or “alt-right” but the Proud Boys have a history of misogyny and glorifying violence. The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) lists them as a hate group.

The document also says: “The FBI has warned local law enforcement agencies that the Proud Boys are actively recruiting in the Pacific north-west”, and: “Proud Boys members have contributed to the recent escalation of violence at political rallies held on college campuses, and in cities like Charlottesville, Virginia, Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington.”​

It's about freegin' time. Will still probably continue to be invited by republicans to their events though.

FBI now classifies far-right Proud Boys as 'extremist group', documents say
Group is now designated ‘with ties to white nationalism’ according to report produced by Washington law enforcement

The FBI now classifies the far-right Proud Boys as an “extremist group with ties to white nationalism”, according to a document produced by Washington state law enforcement.

The FBI’s 2018 designation of the self-confessed “western chauvinist group” as extremist has not been previously made public.
Who are the Proud Boys, 'western chauvinists' involved in political violence?
Read more

The Proud Boys was founded by the Vice Media co-founder Gavin McInnes. McInnes has insisted that his group is not white nationalist or “alt-right” but the Proud Boys have a history of misogyny and glorifying violence. The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) lists them as a hate group.

The document also says: “The FBI has warned local law enforcement agencies that the Proud Boys are actively recruiting in the Pacific north-west”, and: “Proud Boys members have contributed to the recent escalation of violence at political rallies held on college campuses, and in cities like Charlottesville, Virginia, Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington.”​

bout time they got classified the same as obama classified antifa as terrorists.

all extremists should be put down

Based on the rhetoric I have heard coming from their leadership this doesn’t surprise me.

I’m trying to find what constitutes an “extremist group” by the FBI. I can only find descriptions of “violent extremism” on their site. Do they differentiate between extremism and violent extremism?

Based on the rhetoric I have heard coming from their leadership this doesn’t surprise me.

I’m trying to find what constitutes an “extremist group” by the FBI. I can only find descriptions of “violent extremism” on their site. Do they differentiate between extremism and violent extremism?

I would hope so since only one is a crime.

Back
Top Bottom