• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

FBI investigating suspicious white powder left at 2 LDS Temples

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Can't get what you want by lying and saying anyone is a hate monger and homophobe who wants traditional marriage preserved, then show your "love" and "tolerance" by harassing mormons in their church and and mocking their religion by calling Jesus a homo and if that doesn't work then you can really show your "love" and "tolerance" for others by making terroristic threats by mailing envelopes to churches that contain suspicious white powder. I wonder if that Elton John song can you feel the love tonight was playing when the supporters of fake/gay marriage were doing all this?

FBI investigating suspicious white powder left at 2 LDS Temples - ABC 4.com

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - A suspicious envelope containing a white powder was discovered at the LDS Salt Lake Temple and at the Church's Los Angeles Temple on Thursday.

A clerk in the recorder’s office of the temple annex opened the envelope Thursday afternoon. Inside was a second envelope that held a white powder. He dropped it immediately and small amount spilled out onto his desk. LDS Church security was called, then the Salt Lake Fire Department. By the time hazmat crews arrived, the building had been locked down, its air circulation system turned off and the enveloped sealed in a plastic bag

snip.....

A similar envelope was also found Thursday at the Los Angeles temple of the LDS Church. That temple was evacuated while a hazmat team did a field analysis. The powder in that envelope was found to be “non-toxic”.

Last week, both temples were targeted by gay-rights activists protesting the LDS Church’s support of California proposition 8. That proposition, which passed in the recent election, reversed a court ruling giving gay couples the right to marry

Last edited:
Oh noes!!!1!!11! Da Evil gays is terrorists!!!1!!1 :roll:

FBI investigating suspicious white powder left at 2 LDS Temples

Perhaps it's freeze-dried semen. With AIDS.

I don't understand how the homegrown terrorists think that mailing toxic substances to people will advance their causes. I really don't understand how homegrown morons think that mailing harmless substances that kinda look like toxic substances to people will advance their causes

I don't understand how the homegrown terrorists think that mailing toxic substances to people will advance their causes. I really don't understand how homegrown morons think that mailing harmless substances that kinda look like toxic substances to people will advance their causes

$100 says the Mormons faked it to make the gays look bad.

Perhaps they think intimation will work again. Some think what motivated the APA to change it's mind regarding it's view on homosexuality was intimidation by the pro-homosexual activist.

Homosexual Activists Intimidate American Psychiatric Association into Removing Homosexuality from List of Disorders Conservative Colloquium
“It was never a medical decision—and that’s why I think the action came so fast…It was a political move.”

“That’s how far we’ve come in ten years. Now we even have the American Psychiatric Association running scared.”
-Barbara Gittings, Same-gender sex activist

Let us, for a moment, rewind to the year1970. In this year, same-gender sex activists began a program of intimidation aimed at the American Psychiatric Association (APA). Activist Frank Kameny states the movement’s objective clearly, “I feel that the entire homophile movement…is going to stand or fall upon the question of whether or not homosexuality is a sickness, and upon our taking a firm stand on it…” (The Gay Crusaders, by Kay Tobin and Randy Wicker, p. 98)

In 1970, psychiatrists generally considered sexual desires toward members of one’s own gender to be disordered. Karoly Maria Kertbeny’s term, “homosexual” was the official descriptor for those inflicted by this mental-physical disassociative disorder. Psychiatry’s authoritative voice influenced public opinion, which at the time was negative toward same-gender sex. Of course, public sexual activity in parks and public restrooms contributed to societies negative views about the types of people that did such things, but “scientific opinion” was crucial in the public attitude.

Led by radicals like Frank Kameny, same-gender sex activists attacked many psychiatrists publicly, as Newsweek describes, “But even more than the government, it is the psychiatrists who have experienced the full rage of the homosexual activists. Over the past two years, gay-lib organizations have repeatedly disrupted medical meetings, and three months ago—in the movements most aggressive demonstration so far—a group of 30 militants broke into a meeting of the American Psychiatric Association in Washington, where they turned the staid proceedings into near chaos for twenty minutes. ‘We are here to denounce your authority to call us sick or mentally disordered,’ shouted the group’s leader, Dr. Franklin Kameny, while the 2,000 shocked psychiatrists looked on in disbelief. ‘For us, as homosexuals, your profession is the enemy incarnate. We demand that psychiatrists treat us as human beings, not as patients to be cured!’” (Newsweek, 8-23-71, p.47)

Ironically, at the very moment Franklin Kameny was claiming that same-gender sex was healthy, safe, and natural, a deadly virus was silently passing through communities of men all over the nation as a result of the promiscuous, unhealthy nature of the sex they were having. Only a decade later, thousands of men would be dead or dying, of AIDS.

On June 7, of the following year, 1971, Franklin Kameny wrote a letter to the Psychiatric News threatening the APA with not only more, but worse, disruptions. In this letter he states, “Our presence there was only the beginning of an increasingly intensive campaign by homosexuals to change the approach of psychiatry toward homosexuality or, failing that, to discredit psychiatry.” (The Gay Crusaders p. 130-131)

Same-gender sex activists continued to pressure the APA through 1973. A same-gender sex magazine, The Advocate, talks of “…what happened in 1973…referring to the widespread protests by the gay and lesbian community that led to the APA’s dropping homosexuality from the DSM.” (The Advocate, 12-28-93, p.40) As a result of the pressure, in the words of the prominent journalist and same-gender sex activists, Andrew Sullivan, in December of 1973 the APA, “…under intense political pressure…removed homosexuality from its official list of psychiatric disorders…” (Love Undetectable, book by Andrew Sullivan, 1998, p. 107) Under this “intense political pressure” the APA’s board of trustees finally caved in to the demands of same-gender sex activists. Another same-gender sex activist Mark Thompson writes, “Just before the first of the year, the American Psychiatric Association’s board of trustees declared we were no longer sick.” (The Long Road to Freedom, ed. by Mark Thompsan1994, p. 97)

After the vote by the American Psychiatric Associations Board of Trustees, some members of the APA, led by Dr. Charles Socarides called for a full vote by the APA’s 17,905 members. (The Long Road to Freedom, ed. by Mark Thompsan1994, p. 104)

On April 9, 1974, results of the vote were announced. Only 10,555 of the 17,905 APA members had voted in the election. The results were as follows,

Total APA members eligible to vote: 17,905
Number of APA members that actually voted: 10,555
Number of members that “Abstained”: 367
Number of “ No” votes-votes to keep “homosexuality” in the DSM as a mental disorder: 3,810
Number of “Yes” votes-votes to remove “homosexuality” from the DSM as a mental disorder: 5,854

I see one solitary example of "intimidation" in that post. And as scary as it is to have gay dudes yelling at you for *gasp* twenty whole minutes, I seriously doubt that it resulted in homosexuality being removed from the DSM.

Perhaps they think intimation will work again. Some think what motivated the APA to change it's mind regarding it's view on homosexuality was intimidation by the pro-homosexual activist.

Actually that still makes no sense. Let's say the intimidation worked and did change their minds. The prop passed so what good does intimidation work at this point and time? So it makes no sense for an activist to do this to promote change.

It's either very dumb activists or it is people trying to make gays or gay rights activist look bad.

Either way it's dumb.

Actually that still makes no sense. Let's say the intimidation worked and did change their minds. The prop passed so what good does intimidation work at this point and time?
So it makes no sense for an activist to do this to promote change.

Actually it does make sense. If they can intimidate them then they can get them on their side or at least get the LDS to encourage their members stay out of it the next time another vote on gay marriage comes up.

$100 says the Mormons faked it to make the gays look bad.

That would be pretty cold even for Mormons. I mean, framing them as terrorists a week after successfully barring them from marrying?

Actually that still makes no sense. Let's say the intimidation worked and did change their minds. The prop passed so what good does intimidation work at this point and time? So it makes no sense for an activist to do this to promote change.

It's either very dumb activists or it is people trying to make gays or gay rights activist look bad.

Either way it's dumb.
When has it EVER made sense to send white powder to mormons AT ALL? I seem to remember that we have laws in this country, or is that gone too?

Last edited:
I want to wait for the FBI to make an announcement about this. We have no way to know if "gays" actually sent the envelopes or if the Mormons are staging a crisis. To be honest, I think there is potential for either right now.

I want to wait for the FBI to make an announcement about this. We have no way to know if "gays" actually sent the envelopes or if the Mormons are staging a crisis. To be honest, I think there is potential for either right now.

I'll admit, ever since that one incident when the lady faked the "B" into her face, I wouldn't put it past those "hard-core" types. Although, in terms of 'likelyhood', it is more likely a ticked-off radical gay-rights activist sent it than another mormon. That would be out of character for any mormon.

But really, this case has no logic in it, so applying logic is useless. SOMEONE sent that white-powder to either be terrorizing or funny, and I would like to know who.

Last edited:
I'll admit, ever since that one incident when the lady faked the "B" into her face, I wouldn't put it past those "hard-core" types. Although, in terms of 'likelyhood', it is more likely a ticked-off radical gay-rights activist sent it than another mormon. That would be out of character for any mormon.

But really, this case has no logic in it, so applying logic is useless. SOMEONE sent that white-powder to either be terrorizing or funny, and I would like to know who.

It didnt necessarily have to be a Mormon. It could have been any anti-gay suppoerter etc trying to stir the pot.

Not saying that's how it is. Just, like you said there have been crazy things before, and this one is just... sigh

Whoever it was, I think everyone can agree that it was a fracking moron.

Interesting though of this whole "defense of traditional marriage" bullcrap.
Anyone here want to venture a guess as to the rationale that religious groups used to legitimize against miscegenation??

Last edited:
Whoever it was, I think everyone can agree that it was a fracking moron.

Interesting though of this whole "defense of traditional marriage" bullcrap.
Anyone here want to venture a guess as to the rationale that religious groups used to legitimize against miscegenation?? I'll give you a hint, it has four words.
Wouldn't it be funny if it someone was really smuggling crack in there? :mrgreen:

So, your side gets caught making terroristic threats and THIS is your response? Thanks for giving even more evidence for the moral bankruptcy of the left.

What side has been caught? I don't remember seeing the results of the investigation.

Was Obama's side "caught" when the psycho scribbled a B into her face with an eraser, and beat herself up?

Just saying, it isnt too far out there to speculate that this could have been done by someone other than gay rights activists.

So, your side gets caught making terroristic threats and THIS is your response? Thanks for giving even more evidence for the moral bankruptcy of the left.

What? "My side"? Moral bankruptcy of the Left? I'm not on the Left... Cute, though. Maybe you should calm down and have a sense of humor. I guess you're outrage and lashing out is indicative of absolute mental retardation on the Right? Oh and no one was caught... so your post was basically a waste of space. Shocker. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom