• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI found hundreds of classified files on Petraeus biographer Broadwell’s computer

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
FBI found hundreds of classified files on Petraeus biographer Broadwell’s computer | The Charlotte Observer
FBI found hundreds of classified files on Petraeus biographer Broadwell’s computer

“FBI agents found hundreds of classified documents on Paula Broadwell’s home computers in Charlotte during their investigation into her relationship with then-CIA Director David Petraeus, according to newly unsealed FBI documents obtained by the Observer.
More than 300 of those documents were classified as secret, according to a 2013 FBI affidavit accompanying the agency’s request to search Petraeus’ Arlington, Va., home.
The documents, which were unsealed Tuesday by the U.S. District Court in Eastern Virginia, offer new details of the sweeping federal investigation into the relationship between Broadwell, a Charlotte author, and Petraeus, a highly decorated military commander, the subject of Broadwell’s book as well as her former lover………….

Petraeus knowingly gave the sensitive and secret material to an unauthorized source and was then charged so as a misdemeanor………

The important and operant word here is “KNOWINGLY” which is required to be proven in a court of law to fill the requirement a crime was committed………..

Is there any claim……..assertion………evidence…..knowingly gave……….released……… sent…. Made known to an unauthorized source?
If not it is most doubtful the “case against” Clinton will ever see the light of day or be presented in a Grand Jury chamber for their consideration for an indictment …………
Holding your break any longer waiting for the “shoe to drop” on her will then require EMS being called….

Re: FBI found hundreds of classified files on Petraeus biographer Broadwell’s compute

FBI found hundreds of classified files on Petraeus biographer Broadwell’s computer | The Charlotte Observer

“FBI agents found hundreds of classified documents on Paula Broadwell’s home computers in Charlotte during their investigation into her relationship with then-CIA Director David Petraeus, according to newly unsealed FBI documents obtained by the Observer.
More than 300 of those documents were classified as secret, according to a 2013 FBI affidavit accompanying the agency’s request to search Petraeus’ Arlington, Va., home.
The documents, which were unsealed Tuesday by the U.S. District Court in Eastern Virginia, offer new details of the sweeping federal investigation into the relationship between Broadwell, a Charlotte author, and Petraeus, a highly decorated military commander, the subject of Broadwell’s book as well as her former lover………….

Petraeus knowingly gave the sensitive and secret material to an unauthorized source and was then charged so as a misdemeanor………

The important and operant word here is “KNOWINGLY” which is required to be proven in a court of law to fill the requirement a crime was committed………..

Is there any claim……..assertion………evidence…..knowingly gave……….released……… sent…. Made known to an unauthorized source?
If not it is most doubtful the “case against” Clinton will ever see the light of day or be presented in a Grand Jury chamber for their consideration for an indictment …………
Holding your break any longer waiting for the “shoe to drop” on her will then require EMS being called….

He should not be allowed to run for President. You're absolutely right.

Re: FBI found hundreds of classified files on Petraeus biographer Broadwell’s compute

He should not be allowed to run for President. You're absolutely right.

Misread, no understanding of the report and U=unresponsive to the subject and its implications...........

I believe they called that denial.........a coping mechanism designed to the psyche of the user........

Misread, no understanding of the report and U=unresponsive to the subject and its implications...........

I believe they called that denial.........a coping mechanism designed to the psyche of the user........

Lol now the Hillary Clinton defense comes into play :lamo

Lol now the Hillary Clinton defense comes into play :lamo

...what ever that's supposed to mean.............IMHO.......just more useless noise from the Peanut Gallery

And a way to avoid the unrealistic dream of a HRC indictment..............Sorry guy,............yall are stuck with Loser Trump..........that is if the GOP does not pull the plug on the big mouthed bigot

I don't know. I'm waiting for the FBI investigation to complete.

That said, I am intimately familiar with the laws governing classified information and the mishandling does NOT have to be intentional to be criminal. Even if it is through negligence it can be punishable by up to 10 years in prison. Do I think that would happen to Hillary? Of course not. She is among the powerful elite. Only the rank and file people do jail time for such crimes.

I don't know. I'm waiting for the FBI investigation to complete.

That said, I am intimately familiar with the laws governing classified information and the mishandling does NOT have to be intentional to be criminal. Even if it is through negligence it can be punishable by up to 10 years in prison. Do I think that would happen to Hillary? Of course not. She is among the powerful elite. Only the rank and file people do jail time for such crimes.

You do not know of what you speak.............Have you pass the bar yet?

Actually, Brewerbob is correct.

Actually, Brewerbob is correct.

Saying so does not make it so...............and it ain't so...........

And I find this so perplexing.......

Because this fact has been reported in the MSM..............several times

Where do yall get your news from?

So...your defense for Hillary is: Petraeus did it too and he did it worse?

Kind of a pathetic defense, don't you think?

In any case, I agree that the question of whether she is charged with any crimes...as evidence might warrant...comes down to political considerations. Those considerations will be decided by Obama. You should ask yourself if you think Obama will slap her down...or does he dislike her...and her husband...enough to destroy her attempt to become President.

Last edited:

Saying so does not make it so...............and it ain't so...........

And I find this so perplexing.......

Because this fact has been reported in the MSM..............several times

Where do yall get your news from?

Here is a fact, AKA, "The law"...

"Whoever being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note or information relating to the national defense …”

" ...through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust or to be lost, stolen, abstracted or destroyed ...
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/793

Clinton was very negligent, when she stored classified material in an unsecured server. Why? Because she knowingly removed those emails from their, "proper place". If she didn't know she was breaking the law, then she's way too stupid to be president.

I doubt he can even see the similarities in the two cases from his own OP.

Both computers are unauthorized sources to communicate and store classified - secret government information; both are private home computers not approved for government use, both were vulnerable to security risks, both violated government protocols and procedures, both Petraeus and Clinton signed non-disclosure agreements, as part of gaining security clearance, acknowledging that sensitive information should be considered and handled as classified even if not marked as such, etc, etc, etc.

Additionally, Sidney Blumenthal, who didn't have security clearance, received classified material from Clinton over her unapproved email server.

Only a Hillary slurper could find blame with Petraeus and not her.

Prior to her appointment as Secretary of State, Clinton and her circle of friends and colleagues communicated via BlackBerry phones. State Department security personnel suggested this would pose a security risk during her tenure, so she was not allowed to take her BlackBerry into her private office. The email account used on Clinton's BlackBerry was then hosted on a private server in the basement of her home in Chappaqua, New York, but that information was not disclosed to State Department security personnel or senior State Department personnel.

But Hillary did nothing wrong. She's above the law. :rofl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton_email_controversy

No. I was however the Information Security Control Officer for DoD elements in 3 different US embassies. That means I was responsible for developing and maintaining control mechanisms for classified information. With the exception of the Marine Security Guards (who are on loan to the State Department) any time a member of the US military assigned to the embassy mishandled classified information I was the one called before the State Department's resident Regional Security Officer (basically the top cop at an embassy).

So, I was required to be intimately familiar with the laws and regulations. Of course, you don't need to have years of experience to read the law for yourself.

Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

There is a whole other section of the law for those who KNOWINGLY do it.

Again, I am pointing out that you are wrong in stating that the mishandling has to be intentional. That is demonstrably false. As for the specific allegations against Hillary, again, we need to wait for the findings by the FBI.

Whaaaaa, Patreaus did it; so what Hillary did is a-okay! You are something else.

In any case, I agree that the question of whether she is charged with any crimes...as evidence might warrant...comes down to political considerations. Those considerations will be decided by Obama. You should ask yourself if you think Obama will slap her down...or does he dislike her...and her husband...enough to destroy her attempt to become President.

Do you know how to read?

Where do I say I defend anyone.........

Or is it you believe anyone who suggests HRC will not be indicted is to defend her.......

If so, I would suggest engage in fuzzy thinking and the Chicken Little syndome

Whaaaaa, Patreaus did it; so what Hillary did is a-okay! You are something else.

Another one who does not know how to read for meaning..........or maybe you never read it at all

No. I was however the Information Security Control Officer for DoD elements in 3 different US embassies. That means I was responsible for developing and maintaining control mechanisms for classified information. With the exception of the Marine Security Guards (who are on loan to the State Department) any time a member of the US military assigned to the embassy mishandled classified information I was the one called before the State Department's resident Regional Security Officer (basically the top cop at an embassy).

So, I was required to be intimately familiar with the laws and regulations. Of course, you don't need to have years of experience to read the law for yourself.

There is a whole other section of the law for those who KNOWINGLY do it.

Again, I am pointing out that you are wrong in stating that the mishandling has to be intentional. That is demonstrably false. As for the specific allegations against Hillary, again, we need to wait for the findings by the FBI.

Please don't try to play lawyer...............you seem not even to know what laws are being considered for investigation.........

Please don't try to play lawyer...............you seem not even to know what laws are being considered for investigation.........

*sigh*

Please point to where I am playing lawyer. I specifically said I am not addressing the Hillary case because I fully admit I don't know the details. NOBODY posting in this thread knows the details. I was only addressing your specific claim that mishandling classified information is only illegal if it is done knowingly. You don't have to be a lawyer to know that is false.

Hey, here are some other things that are illegal: murder, tax evasion, rape, arson, blackmail and grand theft auto. Uh, oh. There I go "playing lawyer" again. :roll:

Do you know how to read?

Where do I say I defend anyone.........

Or is it you believe anyone who suggests HRC will not be indicted is to defend her.......

If so, I would suggest engage in fuzzy thinking and the Chicken Little syndome

You are correct and I apologize. You aren't even bothering to defend her. You are just gloating over the fact that, in your opinion, she'll never be charged with anything...while, at the same time, trying to make some nebulous connection between what she did and what Petraeus did.

And THEN, in subsequent posts, you ridicule anybody...especially conservatives...who rightfully think she should be charged.

Like I said...it'll all come down to politics and whether Obama decides to torpedo her White House run or not.

Here is a fact, AKA, "The law"...

"Whoever being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note or information relating to the national defense …”

" ...through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust or to be lost, stolen, abstracted or destroyed ...

Clinton was very negligent, when she stored classified material in an unsecured server. Why? Because she knowingly removed those emails from their, "proper place". If she didn't know she was breaking the law, then she's way too stupid to be president.

where do it say email............. plus this is not the law which is being investigated by the FBI as a HRC violation.......

Not only do I know this to be so........As I said I have read it is so and was reported at least twice in major news sources.......

I also posted the material a a subject for consideration here.........

Even then, folks as yourself said "it ain't so" because there were so blinded by whatever.........their ability to think and understand was so paralyzed the could not process the information...........

You are correct and I apologize. You aren't even bothering to defend her. You are just gloating over the fact that, in your opinion, she'll never be charged with anything...while, at the same time, trying to make some nebulous connection between what she did and what Petraeus did.

And THEN, in subsequent posts, you ridicule anybody...especially conservatives...who rightfully think she should be charged.

Like I said...it'll all come down to politics and whether Obama decides to torpedo her White House run or not.

Get lostg witrh thinking you can even understand what I post let alone able to read my mind or know my feelings....and you has some big balls to think you can

Ummmm....no. Ignorance of a particular law doesn't preclude you from having committed a crime. Also, the conviction that Petraeus was handed means that he would be prohibited from running for President, which would be the very least that should happen to Hillary.

*sigh*

Please point to where I am playing lawyer. I specifically said I am not addressing the Hillary case because I fully admit I don't know the details. NOBODY posting in this thread knows the details. I was only addressing your specific claim that mishandling classified information is only illegal if it is done knowingly. You don't have to be a lawyer to know that is false.

Hey, here are some other things that are illegal: murder, tax evasion, rape, arson, blackmail and grand theft auto. Uh, oh. There I go "playing lawyer" again. :roll:

WRONG.............and anyone who thinks they can read law and understand what it really means is a jerk waiting to be an accident...........I know od several cases where a smart ass went Pro se and would up in jail with a harsher sentence than if he used a lawyer...........and one which he did not even have to pay............

Ummmm....no. Ignorance of a particular law doesn't preclude you from having committed a crime. Also, the conviction that Petraeus was handed means that he would be prohibited from running for President, which would be the very least that should happen to Hillary.

another one who cannot read........Petraeus knowingly gave classified information to an unauthorized source..........possibly when he was in bed with her............Can you understand the difference NOW?

Back
Top Bottom