• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI field offices open food banks to help unpaid staff

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From CNN

As the government shutdown stretches towards a fifth week, FBI field offices across the country are opening food banks to help support special agents and staff struggling without pay.

In Dallas, Newark, New Jersey, and Washington, the FBI has set up or planned for areas where employees can drop off non-perishable food items for other employees to pick up, according to multiple law enforcement officials.

On the West Coast, at least two FBI field offices are considering establishing food banks as one of a number of ideas to help employees hurting from the shutdown, a law enforcement official said.
"We're all in this together and we're banding together to help each other out in any way we can," said Melinda Urbina, a spokeswoman for the FBI field office in Dallas, where a volunteer employee group set up the food bank now filled with pastas and canned goods in one of the main break rooms.

Some 35,000 FBI employees missed a paycheck last week. That has left many also searching for outside employment, despite limitations on the type of work employees can do and still keep a security clearance or not violate government employment rules.

COMMENT:-

To quote D.J. Trump "Sad.".

What would be interesting is if ALL of those "essential" workers who are threatened with losing their jobs if they don't work without being paid (and everyone knows how Mr. Trump just LOVES to pay for the pianos once they have been delivered and can't be recovered) simply said "Sorry, I'm not coming in to work today, I'm sick of working for nothing when my bosses are guaranteed to get paid AND DO GET PAID."

PS - It's over two years since the US government was ordered to pay workers who have not been paid in the normal manner and the US government is still trying to figure out who to pay what. You might not have noticed it, but Mr. Trump has been the President for two years, and the Republicans had majorities in both the House and Senate for those two years. Do you think that the "fuloughed" and "essential" workers put much stock in Mr. Trump signing a piece of paper that says that they will get paid (some amount) sometime (when we get around to it)? I don't.

Let's call it the "I am being treated like a regular citizen experiment" so they can see how way too much of America lives.

As long as Trump has his rib eye steak tonight he could real give a rat's ass about government workers.

That's ok Donnie , keep filling that belly. With those overcoats nobody can really tell how fat your lardass is.

46B9451500000578-5119959-image-m-33_1511748307434[1].jpg

Let's call it the "I am being treated like a regular citizen experiment" so they can see how way too much of America lives.

Why do you have so much contempt for government employees trying to provide for their families, pay their mortgages/rent, just like any other American?

Why do you have so much contempt for government employees trying to provide for their families, pay their mortgages/rent, just like any other American?

Key word: "Just like any American".

You'd better read up on what happens to "any American" when their job is shipped off shore, or their kid's entry level jobs are filled by adult immigrants and junior citizen can't get any job experience, or the company has a seasonal layoff.

They have credit unions that will make bridge loans, and even if they aren't working and are at home or working a side job, they will still get paid for time not worked.

If they whole USA worked like this we'd be begging the Indians to show us how to live off the land!

As long as Trump has his rib eye steak tonight he could real give a rat's ass about government workers.

That's ok Donnie , keep filling that belly. With those overcoats nobody can really tell how fat your lardass is.

View attachment 67248261

I'm surprised you didn't accuse him of having a hard on for the press... ;)

Why is Congress continuing to receive pay and trying to jet here there and yonder on the taxpayer dime while forcing government employees to work without pay?

Its heartening to see people pitching in to help eachother.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

From CNN

As the government shutdown stretches towards a fifth week, FBI field offices across the country are opening food banks to help support special agents and staff struggling without pay.

In Dallas, Newark, New Jersey, and Washington, the FBI has set up or planned for areas where employees can drop off non-perishable food items for other employees to pick up, according to multiple law enforcement officials.

On the West Coast, at least two FBI field offices are considering establishing food banks as one of a number of ideas to help employees hurting from the shutdown, a law enforcement official said.
"We're all in this together and we're banding together to help each other out in any way we can," said Melinda Urbina, a spokeswoman for the FBI field office in Dallas, where a volunteer employee group set up the food bank now filled with pastas and canned goods in one of the main break rooms.

Some 35,000 FBI employees missed a paycheck last week. That has left many also searching for outside employment, despite limitations on the type of work employees can do and still keep a security clearance or not violate government employment rules.

What would be interesting is if ALL of those "essential" workers who are threatened with losing their jobs if they don't work without being paid (and everyone knows how Mr. Trump just LOVES to pay for the pianos once they have been delivered and can't be recovered) simply said "Sorry, I'm not coming in to work today, I'm sick of working for nothing when my bosses are guaranteed to get paid AND DO GET PAID."

PS - It's over two years since the US government was ordered to pay workers who have not been paid in the normal manner and the US government is still trying to figure out who to pay what. You might not have noticed it, but Mr. Trump has been the President for two years, and the Republicans had majorities in both the House and Senate for those two years. Do you think that the "fuloughed" and "essential" workers put much stock in Mr. Trump signing a piece of paper that says that they will get paid (some amount) sometime (when we get around to it)? I don't.

The results of an egomaniac holding these employees hostage because he got scolded by the CEC.

Because government employees give not a **** when government regulations kill private sector jobs.

You think the EPA gives a **** if they put people out of work? Why **** no.

Okay finally some truth comes out...its **** the employees of the government, **** your neighbors and fellow Americans. 5yey don't deserve to be paid because they work for the deep state (government).
Hateful doesn't even begin to describe some if you guys.

Key word: "Just like any American".

You'd better read up on what happens to "any American" when their job is shipped off shore, or their kid's entry level jobs are filled by adult immigrants and junior citizen can't get any job experience, or the company has a seasonal layoff.

They have credit unions that will make bridge loans, and even if they aren't working and are at home or working a side job, they will still get paid for time not worked.

If they whole USA worked like this we'd be begging the Indians to show us how to live off the land!

Why exactly do government workers need to punished for that, something they had nothing to do with?

Why exactly do government workers need to punished for that, something they had nothing to do with?

Now they know what a recession is like.

Why is Congress continuing to receive pay and trying to jet here there and yonder on the taxpayer dime while forcing government employees to work without pay?

Because Trump signed the bill that appropriated money for their salaries

From CNN

But don't worry Democrats ate really well at their Porter Rico resort while the President stayed working in DC.

Congress is receiving pay because the provisions for the payment of Senators and Representatives are in the Constitution of the United States of America.

The Senators and Representatives will not have to fly on their own dime because the Budget Management Office (I think it is) has just declared that no government funds could be used for that purpose.

But don't worry Democrats ate really well at their Porter Rico resort while the President stayed working in DC.

The only evidence that Mr. Trump was working was the photograph showing him with a huge stack of empty binders (which were supposed to be bills that he was in the process of signing) while he held a pen over another folder that contained blank sheets of paper and the photograph showing him standing in front of a bunch of artfully arranged empty fast food containers which he said he was paying for himself (he didn't add "and I'm not going to put in an expense account claim for the money either").

PS - I know where Puerto Rico is, but where is Porter Rico?

So in the interim it’s slave labor with promises of 40 acres and a mule.

Have no fear all those government workers will receive every dime that is coming to them - as soon as the government can figure out how much that is.

The government has taken over two years to figure out how much it has to pay the workers after being hit with a court order requiring them to do so after the last shutdown.

Back
Top Bottom