• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI employees turn to food banks, outside work as shutdown drags on

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
FBI employees turn to food banks, outside work as shutdown drags on

AAyaLEm.img

1/19/19
As the government shutdown stretches towards a fifth week, FBI field offices across the country are opening food banks to help support special agents and staff struggling without pay. In Dallas, Newark, New Jersey, and Washington, the FBI has set up or planned for areas where employees can drop off non-perishable food items for other employees to pick up, according to multiple law enforcement officials. In the West Coast, at least two FBI field offices are considering establishing food banks as one of a number of ideas to help employees hurting from the shutdown, a law enforcement official said. "We're all in this together and we're banding together to help each other out in any way we can," said Melinda Urbina, a spokeswoman for the FBI field office in Dallas, where a volunteer employee group set up the food bank now filled with pastas and canned goods in one of the main break rooms. Some 35,000 FBI employees, including administrative and support staff, missed a paycheck last week as negotiations between President Donald Trump and congressional Democrats over government funding and border security have stalled. That has left many also searching for outside employment, despite limitations on the type of work employees can do and still keep a security clearance or not violate government employment rules.

Damn shame what Trump and McConnell are putting this country through. All this pain strictly for Trumps vanity wall.

Related: FBI and other federal agents see cases hampered and lives rattled by shutdown

Is literally anyone surprised that Trump is the type of leader who would starve his own employees if he thought it benefited him? The fallout from handing this incompetent control of the executive branch is going to linger for years.

This proves beyond all doubt that Trump and Republicans are willing to harm anyone to get their way, as we approach a month of government shutdown now we see government employees having to find help wherever they can get it just to get by.

The history books will not be kind to this lot, nor will voters in 2020.

I personally am enjoying reading through all this liberal hypocrisy.

Six years ago, your leadership was in lock step for a funding a wall.

Pelosi, Clinton, Schumer, Obama, Biden ......etc. etc. etc.

Liberals are so full of ****.

Much ado about nothing?

Much ado about nothing?

This post right here is how Trump has support harming government employees over his useless wall.

This post right here is how Trump has support harming government employees over his useless wall.
Useless, of course...however...

Nearby Ogden Utah has a lot of IRS employees that have been interviewed by local TV stations. Some of them have said the lamest things about their loss of income. It's like they never heard of a pantry where food gets stored, or having savings for a rainy day. The local culture has a lot to say about self sufficiency and planning ahead.A few don't listen and are now teetering on the edge. The LDS have food aplenty for these people, and you do not have to go to their church to benefit from their planning ahead for these inevitable events. I didn't vote for Trump and I also didn't vote for any Democrat at the federal level. Liberal thinking is that the government can solve any problem, and maybe they can most of the time. But this too shall pass, and the same idiots who are complaining now will be ready to complain the next time a "disaster" strikes. How about you complainers spend some time preparing for the next time instead of expecting the evil government to take care of you cradle to grave.

Damn shame what Trump and McConnell are putting this country through. All this pain strictly for Trumps vanity wall.

It takes two to tango. Pelosi et al are just as responsible as Trump and McConnell. I know you won't admit to that. But that is a FACT regardless.

A majority of Americans are against the wall and blame Trump for the shutdown. Trump supporters can try to spin it any way they want, but those are the facts.

It takes two to tango. Pelosi et al are just as responsible as Trump and McConnell. I know you won't admit to that. But that is a FACT regardless.

No number of deflecting lies will erase the fact that Trump said he would shut down the government and own it, then shut down the government and owned it. I know you won't admit to that. But that is a FACT regardless.

:shrug:

No number of deflecting lies will erase the fact that Trump said he would shut down the government and own it, then shut down the government and owned it. I know you won't admit to that. But that is a FACT regardless.

That Trump said that does not remove the responsibility that Pelosi et al have. That is a fact also. I know you won't admit to that. But that is a FACT regardless.

Back
Top Bottom