• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI director could appear before lawmakers to explain Clinton decision

shrubnose

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
What's the BS?
Comey may have raised more questions than he answered. You afraid of what the truth might be?

If you don't know you're out of touch with reality.

Anyone in the GOP who thinks that this BS will get Trump in the White House is living in a dream world.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch,running out of time,GOP.

Mr Person

A Little Bitter
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
FBI director could appear before lawmakers to explain Clinton decision
FBI director could appear before lawmakers to explain Clinton decision | Fox News

FBI Director James Comey took no questions after his bombshell announcement Tuesday that he would not recommend criminal charges against Hillary Clinton over her private email system, but he - and his boss - may soon answer to lawmakers.

Thinking this needs a new thread...

Yep. The lying morons who pursued this all along have now demanded an investigation of the investigation of the FBI, because its investigation - the one they wanted - didn't end the way they wanted.

Amazing, really.

Republicans Demand New Investigation Of Hillary Clinton Investigation

The Democrats are supposedly the crooks, yet it's the right that wants to go after people until their desire that someone they don't like is charged with a federal crime is met. Who cares if the police equivalents don't think there's a crime here? Who cares if prosecutors don't think there's a crime here? The political enemies of the right MUST be jailed; all who oppose will be targetted. Funny....that sounds more like an abuse of power than anything I've seen in a long time.

Frankly, it sounds just like Russia but with a little more show of "process"; If Putin were an American politician he'd simply have ordered Clinton jailed, lack of precedent be damned.

11Bravo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
See, here's the problem.

They got to the bottom of it. What you really want is to skip the whole investigation thing and just convict the woman because you'd decided the "truth" long before the investigation even started.

Right, but they found that she did violate NISP, but they feel the need not to prosecute. That makes NO sense. "Yea, we know Johnny broke into that car, but we don't feel like prosecuting".

Anthony60

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
It's just probably because of the mountain of evidence against her, the clear violations of law, and the damage done to national security, and then, no charges. Sure, that makes sense. What could they possible have questions about?

11Bravo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
It's just probably because of the mountain of evidence against her, the clear violations of law, and the damage done to national security, and then, no charges. Sure, that makes sense. What could they possible have questions about?

This will be revealed later in history for the criminal cover-up, or mass corruption, and rightfully so. Unfortunately for right now, much of the public is so stupid, they don't care.

tres borrachos

HoHoHo
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I think Congress has a right to require answers from Comey. He refused to answer any questions at the presser, which was extremely unusual.

I don't agree or disagree with what Comey did. I'm not a lawyer. But I do know that in this age of "transparency", they are within their rights to request it, especially in light of the pretty damning things Comey said.

Not to mention, his presser completely contradicted many of the statements Clinton made about the email situation.

Born Free

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
It appears that he was taking the monkey off his back. There's no way he could believe that he wouldn't be called in front of Congress.

I suspect Comey will layout everything in front of Congress, he threaded the needle between the law and politics, he laid out the law and how she broke the law for the Republicans and then turned around and let her off the hook for the Democrats. Thus letting the people decide her fate.

But tomorrow I trust he will lay it out way more clearly how Hillary broke the law. Comey hung his hat that there was not a previous case without intent but he ignored the statute of gross negligence, plus he ignored the intent of Hillary setting up her own servers in the first place. She is Crocked Hillary.

yankintx

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Fox News and the GOP lawmakers are wasting their time.They'll get nowhere with this BS.

Wait and see.

Sour grapes over the failure of an indictment. Give the Hillary haters a break, two failers in one week, benghazi and emails. I have no doubt they will lick there wounds and come back with another Congressional Comittee l.

Im sure if the spray tan man wins in Nov the Dems will set up a committee to look at Trump U and countless other dubious transactions.

Anthony60

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This will be revealed later in history for the criminal cover-up, or mass corruption, and rightfully so. Unfortunately for right now, much of the public is so stupid, they don't care.

You've hit on the very reason all this is allowed to happen. Actually, it's twofold. In addition to the low information types out there that just look at the headlines in the MM, you have the leftists that have lowered their standards so much, that they are willing to nominate someone for President that is, at the very least, reckless and careless with our national security, in favor of her own goals.

shrubnose

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Sour grapes over the failure of an indictment. Give the Hillary haters a break, two failers in one week, benghazi and emails. I have no doubt they will lick there wounds and come back with another Congressional Comittee l.

Im sure if the spray tan man wins in Nov
the Dems will set up a committee to look at Trump U and countless other dubious transactions.

Not only is Trump going to lose in November he won't even be close.

All of the 'woulda,coulda,shouldas that he'll be putting out after he gets his butt handed to him will be far-fetched.

:lol:

yankintx

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

All of the 'woulda,coulda,shouldas that he'll be putting out after he gets his butt handed to him will be far-fetched.

Kinda hard to predict this far out, but if i was a betting man i would put a few bucks on a Clinton landslide, only because the Don can not stay on script, and has no control over his mouth.

eohrnberger

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Until we get to the bottom of it, yes. Its called, "checks and balances". Its Congress's job. Keeping politicians honest is probably the most important job Congress has.

Ohhh that just seems so much like leaving the foxes in charge of the hen house.

But yes, it is the most important job Congress has.

Since Congress is mostly comprised of lawyers, you'd think that they'd be better at investigation, cross examination, and logical thinking, wouldn't you?

ludin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I think Congress has a right to require answers from Comey. He refused to answer any questions at the presser, which was extremely unusual.

I don't agree or disagree with what Comey did. I'm not a lawyer. But I do know that in this age of "transparency", they are within their rights to request it, especially in light of the pretty damning things Comey said.

Not to mention, his presser completely contradicted many of the statements Clinton made about the email situation.
Yea since when is lying to investigators not a crime in and of itself.

eohrnberger

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Um, no, they didn't get to the bottom of it. Comey explicitly stated that she broke the law, but refuses to recommend a charge.

Can Congress charge someone?

shrubnose

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

shrubnose

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
One without founding, if you ask me. The simple logic is inescapable.

Did Hillary accidentally order the installation, configuration, and on going system administration of her private servers?
I think not. That was most certainly purposeful and with intent.

Hillary knew that she was going to send and receive classified materials via email as part of her role as SoS. To think that she didn't know this would be is not credible.

Her exclusive use of this email and these servers it was a certainty that they would handling, passing and storing classified materials.

1 + 1 + 1 = 3

Hillary grossly mishandled classified materials on purpose and with intent, with the result and impact of putting the national security at risk.

Did I miss anything?

You forgot to turn your brain on before you opened your mouth.

The GOP will get nowhere with the email kerfuffle.

Abbazorkzog

Zapatista Libertarian
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
James Comey stated that Clinton mishandled classified information.
He said that Clinton "sent, received, and stored" intelligence that was marked classified at the time.
He also said that SAP Intel was on her unguarded private server.
He stated that it was a security risk in regard to cybersecurity (the FBI has an entire section on their website).
This entire, massive, bizarre fiasco just keeps getting bigger and bigger, in terms of the political dilemma that Hillary Clinton is facing.

James Comey is going to testify before Congress. This is fact.

House Republicans promise Clinton email probe is not over

I have a question for Hillary supporters. What do you get... if you're a Democrat (I'm a lifelong Democrat, although I'm recently beginning to question whether this is the Party for America - hell I even supported Hillary in 2008 for President, by the way, just throwing that out there), what do you get for continually defending Hillary Clinton?
What do you get for it?
Do you get "good judgment"?
Do you get "good decision-making"? Do you get a progressive on Wall Street?
War?
The Environment?
You get someone who is a Neocon advised by Henry Kissinger.
We cannot have a Democrat who is a NEOCON advised by Henry ****ing Kissinger!

Hillary Clinton’s Email Was Probably Hacked, Experts Say
AP Fact Check: Hillary Clinton Email Claims COLLAPSE Under FBI Investigation

Republicans in Congress are promising the headlines over Hillary Clinton's email won't go away anytime soon. On Wednesday, Republican leaders announced that FBI Director James Comey and AG Loretta Lynch will testify in a subject on Capitol Hill over the next two weeks.

Comey will testify in front of the House Oversight Committee on Thursday, on the investigation into Clinton's private email server.

O.K.
Republicans will never let this go, Hillary supporter.
Never.
And *I* will never let it go. :)
A great many progressives.
50% of Bernie Sanders supporters (6 million give or take).
The entire country will not let this go, because it is a threat to national security. You cannot have somebody who is so stupid, who claims "convenience" when we know it was not. An overt LIAR. You can't have someone who Comey basically said "guilty", so he basically stated:

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in a similar circumstance "someone" who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions, but that is not what we are deciding NOW.

Abbazorkzog

Zapatista Libertarian
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
It is official as of about 45 minutes ago. Director Comey WILL testify before Congress...
FBI head to face Congress over Clinton email investigation

"The FBI's recommendation is surprising and confusing. The fact pattern presented by Director Comey makes clear Secretary Clinton violated the law," said House oversight committee chairman Jason Chaffetz, a Utah Republican. "Individuals who intentionally skirt the law must be held accountable."

House Speaker Paul Ryan has also said that "there are a lot more questions that need to be answered" and that Clinton should be barred from receiving classified briefings in the course of the campaign. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump complained that the system was "rigged."

Ryan stated that after the nomination (he was on Romney's ticket) you get the 'deep, heavy' classified information. Things are beginning to get really bad for Clinton, indictment or not.

Kobie

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Didn't a significant number of career prosecutors ditch the DOJ after Eric Holder became AG (after the Philly New Black Panthers voter intimidation thing)?

No more than got fired during the Ashcroft/Gonzalez reign of terror over the DOJ.

Most career prosecutors know better than to get mixed up in that political ****show.

Kobie

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Until we get to the bottom of it, yes. Its called, "checks and balances". Its Congress's job. Keeping politicians honest is probably the most important job Congress has.

Congress IS politicians. You don't think Congressional investigations are virtually always political in nature? And no, not just when Democrats are in charge.

Kobie

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Trey Gowdy better not be at the helm. If there's one person who could never find the truth while generating sympathy for the accused it's that clown. He's awful.

I remember when he was the REAL REPUBLICAN HERO who was GOING TO GET TO THE BOTTOM of BENGHAZI and EMAILS and whatever the **** else the GOP baked up.

Kobie

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Yep. The lying morons who pursued this all along have now demanded an investigation of the investigation of the FBI, because its investigation - the one they wanted - didn't end the way they wanted.

Amazing, really.

Republicans Demand New Investigation Of Hillary Clinton Investigation

The Democrats are supposedly the crooks, yet it's the right that wants to go after people until their desire that someone they don't like is charged with a federal crime is met. Who cares if the police equivalents don't think there's a crime here? Who cares if prosecutors don't think there's a crime here? The political enemies of the right MUST be jailed; all who oppose will be targetted. Funny....that sounds more like an abuse of power than anything I've seen in a long time.

Frankly, it sounds just like Russia but with a little more show of "process"; If Putin were an American politician he'd simply have ordered Clinton jailed, lack of precedent be damned.

I, for one, am waiting for the investigation of the investigation of the investigation of the investigation of the investigation.

Kobie

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

I already know the reaction -- the Dems "stole the election"!

apdst

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Congress IS politicians. You don't think Congressional investigations are virtually always political in nature? And no, not just when Democrats are in charge.

Of course they are. Hence the value of the two party system. How well things work of there weren't any political rivals and they were all fishin' buddies? Not very well, huh?

Josie

No Day But Today
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Comey: Hillary Clinton may not have been sophisticated enough to understand classified markings

LOL! And she wants to be PRESIDENT.

Top Bottom