• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI Director Comey Proves The Fix Was In

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya! A conspiracy! Elvis is in on it, I read. And Jimmy Hoffa (who's a librul commie union leader!).

I said long ago, and I'll say it now....there was nothing criminal about using a personal account for State business.

The Inspector General disagrees with you. He reported that a personal e-mail server was and is against State Department rules and a violation thereof and would have never been approved had Hillary applied for such.

Do you want to round up Condaleeza Rice and Colin Powell, too? They did the same thing. But no investigation of THEM. Why? Could it be that it's Republicans who use the govt for personal vendettas?

YES, if they did the same thing. Present your evidence of such! To my recollection neither had a private personal e-mail server. However, just to satisfy the left, let's investigate the both of them and prosecute them if they committed a crime like Hillary.

The conclusion was reasonable and justified. There is no conspiracy, although the partisan websites will push it til kingdom come. Just like they still push their conclusion that Hillary had Vince Foster MURDERED. I kid you not. That was only one of many claims of Republicans about the Clintons over the years.

The recommendation to not indite Hillary was a rigged travesty of justice. At the very least, Hillary Clinton was a horribly incompetent Secretary Of State, so incompetent she couldn't discern and distinguish classified materials or realize her e-mail server was insecure and she knowingly lied constantly to the American people about it. That alone is enough to prohibit her from ever handling classified materials again and therefor prohibit her from ever serving in a government position again.

Was her intent to injure the United States?

Her "intent" was gross carelessness inspired by her arrogant incompetent belief that she's above the law.

Apparently, according to Comey, she is!

Then why isn't she being charged with obstruction of justice and lying to the FBI?

Comey said....

"Only a very small number of the e-mails containing classified information bore markings indicating the presence of classified information..."

Her private e-mail server was a violation of State Department rules and would have never been allowed had Hillary applied for it according to the Inspector General.

If only ONE e-mail was marked "classified," it proves her reckless, careless disregard for her position as Secretary Of State. Any person in that position should be able to discern and define classified information, marked as such or not.

Mishandling classified information does not meet the standard of malicious intent to harm the country or obstruction of justice.

Ask Manning or Snowden or Assange or Sterling or Kiriakou about that. Ask Martha Stewart about it.

Kinda ironic that Comey prosecuted Stewart.

when you go back and look at the procedures her lawyers to search her e-mails you will understand how her incorrectness came about. go listen to comeys speech.

I did, I know Comey as well. How about you?

What is the alternative? Smearing the reputation of the FBI director becuase you do not agree with a career law enforcement official's assessment gains you what?

If the FBI director is telling the public, that there is no proscecutable case...are you not satisfied until a case is filed? Then what? Will you then be un-satisfied again...with a "not guilty" judgement?

What then? What else would you need done to Clinton to quell your anger?

The "alternative" is for the Congress to call Comey and Lynch before a congressional committee and grilled as to why his recommendation was as it was and to find out how he came to his conclusion and if Lynch will sanction Clinton and revoke her security clearance like so many others have had for doing less. If the deal was rigged, the perpetrators can be and should be impeached and prosecuted.

Then why isn't she being charged with obstruction of justice and lying to the FBI?

Comey said....

"Only a very small number of the e-mails containing classified information bore markings indicating the presence of classified information..."

uh that is because so many emails were on her private account etc. Geez. She denied any of them were classified

SHE LIED

Exoneration???? Did you even listen to what Comey said?? Apparently not. Let me recap in the hopes that some grain of truth seeps through your partisan blindness. He specifically said 'there is evidence of potential violations of statutes regarding the handling of classified information.' He then went on to expose every lie Clinton has told for the last year. He just said he wasn't going to prosecute. That's not exoneration, dude. But then you wouldn't have cared had she been indicted.

-Liberals 2016

In the interest of accuracy - Comey, who was a federal prosecutor, can't prosecute anything. That's the Attorney General's job. What he did is what the FBI routinely does - recommend for or against prosecution based on the evidence. The only difference here is that he was public about what the FBI was recommending. It's still Lynch's call at the end of the day.

No matter what Comey recommended he was going to get his ass kicked by at least half the populace and half of Congress by going public. The fact that he did when he didn't have to argues that he's making a fair assessment of the evidence as he sees it.

Last edited:
For one, you claimed Director Comey referred to Sec. Clinton as "guilty of gross incompetence and gross negligence."

He uttered no such words in reference to the Secretaries conduct, calling her actions "extremely careless".

And,...

Rather than cherry-picking sound bites out context off internet blogs you can find the actual announcement here:

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/p...lary-clintons-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

The definition of "extremely careless" isn't "incompetence" in your dictionary, right?

Ask Manning or Snowden or Assange or Sterling or Kiriakou about that. Ask Martha Stewart about it.

Stewart was prosecuted for what members of Congress do all the time, "inside information."

There's two standards of law in Washington, one for government folks and one for everybody else.

The definition of "extremely careless" isn't "incompetence" in your dictionary, right?

No, and that isn't the issue anyway so I have no interest in engaging your evasive strawman. The issue is your OP which was false and misleading.

The "alternative" is for the Congress to call Comey and Lynch before a congressional committee and grilled as to why his recommendation was as it was and to find out how he came to his conclusion and if Lynch will sanction Clinton and revoke her security clearance like so many others have had for doing less. If the deal was rigged, the perpetrators can be and should be impeached and prosecuted.

Do you think that the same Congress who brought us the Patriot Act and nullified Habeas Corpus is really going to do anything to enforce the law? If so, with all due respect sir, I say you're dreaming.

No, and that isn't the issue anyway so I have no interest in engaging your evasive strawman. The issue is your OP which was false and misleading.

When do you plan to rationally debunk my OP?

Do you think that the same Congress who brought us the Patriot Act and nullified Habeas Corpus is really going to do anything to enforce the law? If so, with all due respect sir, I say you're dreaming.

I didn't say they'd "enforce" the law, I said it was their "alternative."

I didn't say they'd "enforce" the law, I said it was their "alternative."

Yes, their alternative course of action. Maybe it's just me, but that suggests you believe that they will do something about the problem, eh? Isn't that's what supposed to happen with congressional committees or investigations? Somehow a wrong will be made right?

In a nutshell, Comey said: "She is as guilty as charged, but she is not charged. I'll let you guys guess why. No questions. I'm otta here."

Since the FBI couldn't charge her - the Justice Department does that - he told the nation what a liar she was, how guilty she was, and that what she did would have gotten lesser mortals charged. Had Comey turned in the report to the "Justice" department, it would have been buried and we'd never have heard a peep about it. Now the only thing buried were the legal consequences.

Now it's a political question of what kind of a president do we want.

Yes, their alternative course of action. Maybe it's just me, but that suggests you believe that they will do something about the problem, eh? Isn't that's what supposed to happen with congressional committees or investigations? Somehow a wrong will be made right?

The wrong being made right is always up to the people in the end game.

Just a congressional hearing on C-Span grilling the culprits is a beginning. A petition and demonstrations and marches on the capital and the White House would be even better.

In a nutshell, Comey said: "She is as guilty as charged, but she is not charged. I'll let you guys guess why. No questions. I'm otta here."

Since the FBI couldn't charge her - the Justice Department does that - he told the nation what a liar she was, how guilty she was, and that what she did would have gotten lesser mortals charged. Had Comey turned in the report to the "Justice" department, it would have been buried and we'd never have heard a peep about it. Now the only thing buried were the legal consequences.

What kind of President we want isn't even in the realm of sanity since only the duopoly has the political power to contribute candidates that can actually win the Presidency via their rigged election system, no others need apply and the duopoly is only offering two felons for the job.

Thats not what was said.

uh that is because so many emails were on her private account etc. Geez. She denied any of them were classified

SHE LIED

If the emails weren't classified when she sent or received them....then she didn't lie.

It's a small world...for Comey. He seems to have prosecuted a lot of high profile cases...including the mob.

Comey first came to my attention when he refused to sign off on the NSA wiretaps and went to Ashcroft's hospital room to ward off Gonzales from getting to Ashcroft to sign them instead.

Back
Top Bottom