• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI: BLM Atlanta Founder Arrested on Fraud Charges

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Atlanta activist spent $200G in Black Lives Matter donations on house, personal expenses: FBI

The FBI has arrested the founder of a Black Lives Matter group in Atlanta on fraud and money laundering charges.

Sir Maejor Page, 32, was accused Friday of misappropriating $200,000 in donations he solicited through Facebook on behalf of Black Lives Matter of Greater Atlanta, Fox 5 Atlanta reported Friday.

Page was arrested in Toledo and released on bond after appearing before a judge via video. He did not immediately return messages Saturday from Fox News.

The Toledo FBI office opened an investigation last year after a cooperating witness submitted a fraud complaint against Page, whose real name is Tyree Conyers-Page, FBI agent Matthew Desorbo said in the complaint.

Page founded Black Lives Matter of Greater Atlanta in 2016 and this year took in more than $466,000 in donations in June, July and August, Desorbo said.

Just another form of looting.

Sadly, it is. But more accurately, it is defrauding a charity donation, exactly what Trump's been doing.
People want to focus on this group.
I ask why.
The group that calls itself "Black Lives Matter" has been around since 2013, a whopping SEVEN YEARS.
Ask yourself how important this group is to people who have four hundred years of "black lives matter" as a history.

I guess you haven't seen how the NRA treats your dues as their slush fund to buy mansions and to go on dream vacations. How about how trump used his charity as his own slush fund and was forced to shut it down.

But please - keep telling us how it's BLM we should be worried about :)

Nevertheless it is the same thing Trump's been doing with his charities.

Hmmm, street thugs stealing from the cause. Who'd have thought it?

Nevertheless it is the same thing Trump's been doing with his charities.
The RNC is trying to figure out where nearly a billion dollars went. If I were them, I would look at Trump's wallet along with his family's. Eric Trump's wife earns $18,000.00 per month from the RNC. This since 2017. Can someone please tell me what she is doing for that money????? That's roughly $800,000.00 for what? It's just one of many ways Trump is ripping of his donors.

We won't even get into how Trump is ripping off the tax payers.

Will prosecutting this person for fraud bring back those killed by rioting Antifa/BLM?

Will it restore any of the destroyed businesses, vehicles, homes or livelihoods, lost to the BLM "Activism"?

Is putting this person in prison for just fraud, JUSTICE?

Would not the Death Penalty for Terrorism be Justice for the spree of Terrorism done by BLM?

-

I guess you haven't seen how the NRA treats your dues as their slush fund to buy mansions and to go on dream vacations. How about how trump used his charity as his own slush fund and was forced to shut it down.

But please - keep telling us how it's BLM we should be worried about :)
Not a nra member, they are to liberal.

The RNC is trying to figure out where nearly a billion dollars went. If I were them, I would look at Trump's wallet along with his family's. Eric Trump's wife earns $18,000.00 per month from the RNC. This since 2017. Can someone please tell me what she is doing for that money????? That's roughly $800,000.00 for what? It's just one of many ways Trump is ripping of his donors.

We won't even get into how Trump is ripping off the tax payers.

Understood and agreed but what I was getting at is the fact that our focus should be on the cause of black lives matter and not on a particular newbie group. Trumpers love to keep the focus on BLM because that way, they think, no one's thinking about black lives.

everyone bookmark this thread.

Understood and agreed but what I was getting at is the fact that our focus should be on the cause of black lives matter and not on a particular newbie group. Trumpers love to keep the focus on BLM because that way, they think, no one's thinking about black lives.

BLMatards are all communists. **** them.

This is great news.

It means the FBI is actively pursuing BLM founders in a "follow the money" investigation.

If they can connect more BLM people, preferably the three main Marxist founders, to funding key instigators of riots, looting, assault, and murder, they can throw the RICO organized crime book at them!

That's the most hopeful and happy observation I've heard in five months! Thank you!

-

True, if they finally get their act together they might even be able to belong to the trump grifters club, well that is if they allow People of Color.

Do we really need them to get THEIR act together?
WHY? Someone tell me WHY this one group which hasn't even been around for a decade is the be all and end all for a cause.
It wasn't around when black lives mattered for almost four hundred years, it wasn't around during the dawn of the Civil Rights Era and it wasn't around when Barack Obama ran in 2008 either.

But here IS what was around: Black people struggling for equality.
So again, I ask of everyone, and I sincerely want an honest answer, please:

Why is THE GROUP "Black Lives Matter" MORE important than the cause?
For Trumpers, they are more important because for them it is a vehicle to DISCREDIT ALL movements seeking equality.

So, can I expect an honest answer to my question from anyone?
Which is more important, black lives and equality or the group itself - BLM?

I would think that most Blacks would prefer the first over an organization, a real no brainer. I find it sad that in 2020 there is even a need for organizations like BLM, after all this time we should be a better people than we have been. I guess some things have to be pushed for people to realize there is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.

Back
Top Bottom