• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI Arrests Three Relatives of San Bernardino Shooter

Do you feel any of this is historically inaccurate or do you just not like the message?

No, it's historically accurate except for the HUGE part of recent history you leave out.

And seriously - do you think the 90% of blacks or so who vote for democrats, who run and win office in the democratic party, are too stupid to realize that the "democrat" (sic) party is the party of racists and they ought to be voting for republicans?

We've got plenty of heroes of the civil rights movement still living, almost all of them AFAIK democrats. Do you think they need a lesson from white republicans about the history of the parties and if you just explain it to them, the lights will come on after decades of service within the Democratic party and they'll start voting republican? LMMFAO.

Keeping the deception alive and well......

No, it's historically accurate except for the HUGE part of recent history you leave out.
I'm submitting posts here, not providing historical dissertations on race relations in America for the past 60 years.
And seriously - do you think the 90% of blacks or so who vote for democrats, who run and win office in the democratic party, are too stupid to realize that the "democrat" (sic) party is the party of racists and they ought to be voting for republicans?
Yes, many of them are. They get carried away with emotion rather than looking at history and the facts. This emotional response is not exclusive to Black people of course. It's a human condition and we've seen it everywhere around the globe. Politicians in the democracies and dictators in the Third World understand this perfectly. So does Wall Street and Madison Avenue.

We've got plenty of heroes of the civil rights movement still living, almost all of them AFAIK democrats. Do you think they need a lesson from white republicans about the history of the parties and if you just explain it to them, the lights will come on after decades of service within the Democratic party and they'll start voting republican? LMMFAO.
And I see many of those who were in the movement who now seem more interested in a sinecure and personal gain. They are selling out the Black people to advance their own agenda. You can see that by the way they demean Blacks who have left the party, or 'the Faith'.

You show me the advances made for the Black people since the civil rights movement and MLK's Dream that he wanted his children to be judged by their character, not by the color of their skin. I see more poverty, more family problems and greater violence since the time of LBJ. If you have a different set of facts I'd like to see them.

I'm submitting posts here, not providing historical dissertations on race relations in America for the past 60 years.

If you're talking about the history of the parties and miss the realignment that happened post Civil Rights Act, which you did, you're either displaying near complete ignorance of the subject of parties and race, or trying to deceive.

Yes, many of them are. They get carried away with emotion rather than looking at history and the facts. This emotional response is not exclusive to Black people of course. It's a human condition and we've seen it everywhere around the globe. Politicians in the democracies and dictators in the Third World understand this perfectly. So does Wall Street and Madison Avenue.

It's really a mystery why the GOP is having such a hard time attracting blacks and other minorities. Telling them they're stupid SHOULD work - it's a mystery why that strategy is failed.

One unlikely alternative, of course, is they're not stupid and don't see a compelling reason to follow the advice of white republicans who don't consider the fact that maybe blacks know better than white republicans what's best for them...

And I see many of those who were in the movement who now seem more interested in a sinecure and personal gain. They are selling out the Black people to advance their own agenda. You can see that by the way they demean Blacks who have left the party, or 'the Faith'.

Interesting. Can you name the "many" of these civil rights heroes who have switched parties and left the racist Democrats for the GOP? Or is it your assertion that they are nearly all corrupt? That's a good message!

You show me the advances made for the Black people since the civil rights movement and MLK's Dream that he wanted his children to be judged by their character, not by the color of their skin. I see more poverty, more family problems and greater violence since the time of LBJ. If you have a different set of facts I'd like to see them.

And the GOP's answer to those problems is what?

I'll be the first to tell you that the Black leadership of today is nothing compared to the civil rights movment of the 50's and 60's. Black leaders of today can get away with selling out their own kin to the Dem machine because the Republican machine creates the appearance that they hate Black people. Remember Newt Gingrich' infamous "Blacks should demand jobs not foodstamps". Not only was Gingrich not condemned, he was praised. And take the whole "birther" movement. That was utterly ridiculous. I may not like McCain but at least he stood up to that psychopath woman who called Obama a Muslim.

If you're talking about the history of the parties and miss the realignment that happened post Civil Rights Act, which you did, you're either displaying near complete ignorance of the subject of parties and race, or trying to deceive.
I'm not trying to "deceive" anyone but it seems your stuck in ad homs rather than replying with an intelligent response. Do you think that will advance any case you're trying to make?
It's really a mystery why the GOP is having such a hard time attracting blacks and other minorities. Telling them they're stupid SHOULD work - it's a mystery why that strategy is failed.
Who has called them all stupid? If you think that then it's clear who's genuinely stupid. You should use links from now on rather than posting these bizarre claims. No need to be rude.
One unlikely alternative, of course, is they're not stupid and don't see a compelling reason to follow the advice of white republicans who don't consider the fact that maybe blacks know better than white republicans what's best for them...
If it's 'unlikely' why bother with the claim?
Interesting. Can you name the "many" of these civil rights heroes who have switched parties and left the racist Democrats for the GOP? Or is it your assertion that they are nearly all corrupt? That's a good message!
I've yet to see any member of the NAACP bother with the 'truth' at all, apart from blaming everyone else for their situation. They only highlight the dignity of leaders like Republicans MLK and Rosa Parks. The worst hustlers of all would be Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Are you impressed with these two?
And the GOP's answer to those problems is what?
You know how to Google. I'm not their spokesman.

I'm not trying to "deceive" anyone but it seems your stuck in ad homs rather than replying with an intelligent response. Do you think that will advance any case you're trying to make?

I'm not attacking the person. I'm pointing out your position is absurd. You know because it's been explained to you on this forum that democrats outside the former Confederacy voted in Congress in greater percentages than republicans, so the racist wing of the democratic party in office was white men in the South. You also know blacks in the South pre-Civil Rights Act were republican because of Lincoln. Nearly 100% of elected whites in the South were democrats for the same reason - the GOP was the party of Lincoln and they despised the man and the party and what he stood for. Post CRA, that flipped, and now in the Confederacy, nearly all white elected officials are GOP, and nearly all blacks are democrats. That's not a coincidence and it's not history you can leave out if you want to discuss race and parties. And you know this because it's old news on here and you've seen it a dozen times or more here on DP. So who the hell you think you're fooling is a mystery.

Who has called them all stupid? If you think that then it's clear who's genuinely stupid. You should use links from now on rather than posting these bizarre claims. No need to be rude.
If it's 'unlikely' why bother with the claim?

You do by asserting it is the Democratic party which is the REAL racist party, etc. and saying blacks got it wrong and if they knew what was good for them they'd be voting republican. If you don't see it, then.....

I've yet to see any member of the NAACP bother with the 'truth' at all, apart from blaming everyone else for their situation. They only highlight the dignity of leaders like Republicans MLK and Rosa Parks. The worst hustlers of all would be Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Are you impressed with these two?
You know how to Google. I'm not their spokesman.

LOL, of course not. ALL members of the NAACP are liars, and their followers stupid. Once again, it is shocking how the GOP cannot seem to attract blacks! :roll:

And if you think in this era MLK would be a republican, you need to put down the crack pipe. It's part of that realignment of race and parties, especially in the South, that you know happened but that you're ignoring for some unknown reason.

I'm not attacking the person. I'm pointing out your position is absurd. You know because it's been explained to you on this forum that democrats outside the former Confederacy voted in Congress in greater percentages than republicans, so the racist wing of the democratic party in office was white men in the South.
It was not just "White men in the South", as George Wallace demonstrated in more modern times. We can also look at LBJ and his quotes and those Democrats who have supported 'Affirmative Action', enacting legislation which demonstrated their underlying racism..
You also know blacks in the South pre-Civil Rights Act were republican because of Lincoln.
In fact Blacks were Republican long after Lincoln while George Wallace, Bull Conner, Robert Byrd (a member of the KKK) et al were all Democrats. You seem unaware of their history.
Nearly 100% of elected whites in the South were democrats for the same reason - the GOP was the party of Lincoln and they despised the man and the party and what he stood for. Post CRA, that flipped, and now in the Confederacy, nearly all white elected officials are GOP, and nearly all blacks are democrats. That's not a coincidence and it's not history you can leave out if you want to discuss race and parties. And you know this because it's old news on here and you've seen it a dozen times or more here on DP. So who the hell you think you're fooling is a mystery.
This makes no sense. Try this, starting at rthe 3:45 mark. Stop being bamboozled by those who are only using Blacks, and now other minorities, as election tools. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwqhoVIh65k
You do by asserting it is the Democratic party which is the REAL racist party, etc. and saying blacks got it wrong and if they knew what was good for them they'd be voting republican.
I'm pleased my message is getting through.
LOL, of course not. ALL members of the NAACP are liars, and their followers stupid. Once again, it is shocking how the GOP cannot seem to attract blacks! :roll:
Nor did I say "all". In fact I don't know them all. I'm only going by those I've heard so far and the BS they spout.
And if you think in this era MLK would be a republican, you need to put down the crack pipe. It's part of that realignment of race and parties, especially in the South, that you know happened but that you're ignoring for some unknown reason.
MLK was an exceptional and knowledgeable man so there is no doubt he would have remained a Republican. It seems many don't even know it was a Democrat who murdered him.

I'm not attacking the person. I'm pointing out your position is absurd. You know because it's been explained to you on this forum that democrats outside the former Confederacy voted in Congress in greater percentages than republicans, so the racist wing of the democratic party in office was white men in the South. You also know blacks in the South pre-Civil Rights Act were republican because of Lincoln. Nearly 100% of elected whites in the South were democrats for the same reason - the GOP was the party of Lincoln and they despised the man and the party and what he stood for. Post CRA, that flipped, and now in the Confederacy, nearly all white elected officials are GOP, and nearly all blacks are democrats. That's not a coincidence and it's not history you can leave out if you want to discuss race and parties. And you know this because it's old news on here and you've seen it a dozen times or more here on DP. So who the hell you think you're fooling is a mystery.

You do by asserting it is the Democratic party which is the REAL racist party, etc. and saying blacks got it wrong and if they knew what was good for them they'd be voting republican. If you don't see it, then.....

The Democrat Party only tolerates black folks who know their place. When black Conservatives walk off the plantation, they're automatically labeled sell outs and Uncle Toms.

Last edited:
It was not just "White men in the South", as George Wallace demonstrated in more modern times. We can also look at LBJ and his quotes and those Democrats who have supported 'Affirmative Action', enacting legislation which demonstrated their underlying racism..

George Wallace from Alabama isn't a white man from the South? :shock:

So, blacks who support affirmative action are racist against blacks? LOL.

In fact Blacks were Republican long after Lincoln while George Wallace, Bull Conner, Robert Byrd (a member of the KKK) et al were all Democrats. You seem unaware of their history.

Right, that's what I said. In the South post Civil War, blacks were republicans because of Lincoln and and Southern whites who despised Lincoln and what he stood for were democrats..because of Lincoln.

This makes no sense. Try this, starting at rthe 3:45 mark. Stop being bamboozled by those who are only using Blacks, and now other minorities, as election tools. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwqhoVIh65k

So, he also thinks blacks are stupid and don't realize the party they get elected to, and the politicians they vote for, are the REAL racists! It's amazing - the vast majority of elected blacks are democrats and they all must be either stupid or the REAL racists against their own people!!

And Bill Whittle like you simply ignores the fact that whites in the South HAVE switched parties in the post civil rights era.

I'm pleased my message is getting through.

Whites preaching to blacks about what blacks really should believe and which party better represents them is an effective strategy. Surprising that it's not worked better on a national scale...

Nor did I say "all". In fact I don't know them all. I'm only going by those I've heard so far and the BS they spout.MLK was an exceptional and knowledgeable man so there is no doubt he would have remained a Republican. It seems many don't even know it was a Democrat who murdered him.

LMAO. :lamo

The Democrat (sic) Party only tolerates black folks who know their place. When black Conservatives walk off the plantation, they're automatically labeled sell outs and Uncle Toms.

No need to read further - partisan ideologue! LOL... Rush Limbaugh approved that message!

LMMFAO. Who better to explain the dream of MLK and what it should mean to blacks than a white right winger!??!!

And I'm sorry but when a supposedly serious columnist butchers the name of the Democratic Party in his column, he's just put a sign on his head that screams "partisan." It would be like me expecting you to take seriously an article about the "Repugnant Party" written by a partisan liberal democrat. You'd know ahead of time what you're going to get is partisan hackery, as do I....

No need to read further - partisan ideologue! LOL... Rush Limbaugh approved that message!

We knew you would retreat to denial because you terrified of the discussion.

George Wallace from Alabama isn't a white man from the South? :shock:
I'll give the benefit of the doubt that you're not being deliberately thick here. Of course, as any rereading can tell you, I was referring to his election success in the Northern States.
So, blacks who support affirmative action are racist against blacks? LOL.
Or they want to retain their standing in the Party by claiming Black people are inferior.
Right, that's what I said. In the South post Civil War, blacks were republicans because of Lincoln and and Southern whites who despised Lincoln and what he stood for were democrats..because of Lincoln.
In fact it went well after Lincoln. Do you who know passed the Jim Crow laws? Who Bull Conner was? Are you a recent arrival to the South?
So, he also thinks blacks are stupid and don't realize the party they get elected to, and the politicians they vote for, are the REAL racists! It's amazing - the vast majority of elected blacks are democrats and they all must be either stupid or the REAL racists against their own people!!
Is that your take?
And Bill Whittle like you simply ignores the fact that whites in the South HAVE switched parties in the post civil rights era.
So you didn't watch it. I didn't think you would.
Whites preaching to blacks about what blacks really should believe and which party better represents them is an effective strategy. Surprising that it's not worked better on a national scale...
People of all races, religions and colors debate back and forth what is best for them and the country although, more recently, identity politics has emerged as a powerful force, encouraged by the Democrats of course.

LMMFAO. Who better to explain the dream of MLK and what it should mean to blacks than a white right winger!??!!

And I'm sorry but when a supposedly serious columnist butchers the name of the Democratic Party in his column, he's just put a sign on his head that screams "partisan." It would be like me expecting you to take seriously an article about the "Repugnant Party" written by a partisan liberal democrat. You'd know ahead of time what you're going to get is partisan hackery, as do I....
So it is 'right wing', 'partisan' and 'hackery' but you will not dispute any of the facts. That's rather typical of robotic Democrats.

Many people are afraid of the discussion because it can get emotional. But I also think it's a good idea to discuss our commonalities and concerns rather than just concentrating on our differences. I sincerely believe that, being human, we all want much the same thing. JasperL is no different.

You're just tossing out the race card and expect some real discussion?

You're just tossing out the race card and expect some real discussion?
Why can't people discuss race? Because race is being discussed doesn't mean that it is racist or demeaning. We can talk without anyone having to know what race, religion or color we are.

The entire immigration discourse in the U.S is starting to perplex me. Why would a Muslim or a Mexican want to immigrate to a country with a long history of brutal racism that started to push for a fascist treatment of minorities? Let conservatives have it their way and surrender the country to hillbillies and cousin ****ers, and watch the country implode faster than a ponzi scheme.

What do you find inadequate about the current process?
For starters, according to the FBI there are paper mills generating false ID, the towns in Syria have little to no records so following up on who people claim they are is virtually impossible, and unless there is DNA evidence or fingerprints on known terrorists, there is no real way to vet anyone.

It would be like being "terrified" of a discussion with my nieces. Sometimes it's just not worth the effort, and one of those times is when you know going in the person is a committed right wing pertisan.

Good riddance.. for a while.
But Not on terror charges.
It does show another way people abuse the immigration system, and that they "shouldn't be let in until we know who they are."

FBI Arrests Three Relatives of San Bernardino Shooter - WSJ
Charges are related to marriage-fraud investigation that grew out of probe into December attack, sources say
By Devlin Bartlett
Updated April 28, 2016 1:25 p.m. ET

And the libs claim they are such peaceful people . :roll:

It would be like being "terrified" of a discussion with my nieces. Sometimes it's just not worth the effort, and one of those times is when you know going in the person is a committed right wing pertisan.
While you're a committed left wing partisan, stuck with the same beliefs you've had since you were a child. It would hurt to have all those things you've been carefully taught over the years to be exposed for the lies they are.

Back
Top Bottom